Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Marty does have a t-shirt! People like Knox too, I've seen a few Knox shirts here and there, but yeah Marty Elias is the Knox of LU. Marty is pretty cool, got fired from WWE for wearing KISS shirts backstage and now he wears one before every show and often fires custom guitar picks into the crowd before matches. He's got a great range with flicking those things, I've seen him get them up into the balcony. I caught one of the Ultima Lucha Tres ones.

He's also really good at the little things as a ref -- he checks the ropes and the ring mats in between matches and catches a lot of problems, I've seen him stop potential issues with small debris in the ring, he's always in control of things if someone is injured or maybe injured, etc. Knox is obviously great at all that as well. There's room for love for both of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm not saying Marty is bad at his job, I'm just saying it's clear that the crowds are not the exact same group because the Reseda faithful would be holding it down for Knox better than they did.

Also not cheering for Striker because what the gently caress

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's funny you mention Marty checking the ropes I remember him having one of the techs tighten the ring ropes a few times

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ummmmmmmmmmmm

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/775860883100618753

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

What the gently caress?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Reminder:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I recently saw some old Human tornado matches from PWG and he's amazing

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer:

Tessa being Tessa

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I recently saw some old Human tornado matches from PWG and he's amazing

Does he still have HIV

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

rovert posted:

Meltzer:

Tessa being Tessa
So do you have some sort of scoop over Seltzer or did u misread that it was the no-show who was instigating

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Rumor mill is that Tessa seems to have a lot of backstage altercations with folks.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I forget, did we discuss Poppin' Dogs and Talkin' Hogs in this thread? Because Chuck is in pretty fine form even without Trent if this preview is any indication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZWeKTsynPU

Plus bonus Excalibur out of frame!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I want to see a super cut of wrestlers telling their 2 Cold Scorpio dick stories

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm amused to find out that LA Park is packin'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssss

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmnjvq0iB-s

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/br26/status/776529333640769537

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

There's no part of this I don't love

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There's no part of this I don't love

for me? tommy dreamer

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

oatgan posted:

for me? tommy dreamer

Tommy's one of those guys whose work isn't really any good but I find him kind of endearing anyways

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 16, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Also on that card is Ricochet/Callihan and Hero/Nese

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Grozz Nuy posted:

I forget, did we discuss Poppin' Dogs and Talkin' Hogs in this thread? Because Chuck is in pretty fine form even without Trent if this preview is any indication.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZWeKTsynPU

Plus bonus Excalibur out of frame!

Just based on the preview, Chuckie has a much better report with Trent, but hoping Dan has some great parts.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TUS posted:

Just based on the preview, Chuckie has a much better report with Trent, but hoping Dan has some great parts.

Watching it now, the upside of Dan is that he's smarter and funnier, Trent's kind of a dope

There's an interesting part where a formerly prominent indy guy gets buried for being a dick to Chuck

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 16, 2016

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Chris James 2 posted:

I'm considering seeing their show next week on Long Island but none of my friends want to go :(

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Watching it now, the upside of Dan is that he's smarter and funnier, Trent's kind of a dope

There's an interesting part where a formerly prominent indy guy gets buried for being a dick to Chuck

I didn't realize they just put them up for streaming immediately now, but I guess that makes sense. There's probably not enough demand for the goofy interview series for it to be worth holding back for DVD sales.

Maybe I'll burn a month on a subscription once they're all up, they did a bunch over that weekend.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
May I ask who the Indy guy who was a dick to chuck is?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

The_Rob posted:

May I ask who the Indy guy who was a dick to chuck is?

It's the former big indie dude that's a dick to everyone

low ki

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It's the former big indie dude that's a dick to everyone

low ki

Hahaha I love low ki and have always defended him but he is def a guy who can take himself a bit too seriously.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
If you have the highspots network watch the Drake Younger episode of the Kevin Steen show where he has some great Low Ki stories.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The_Rob posted:

Hahaha I love low ki and have always defended him but he is def a guy who can take himself a bit too seriously.

As Chuck mentioned, they were fine with each other before Ki's run in WWE, then when he came back, he was standoffish and he buried both Chucky AND Johnny Gargano

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

It's the big dick that's a dude to everyone

batista

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nearly aaw time!!!

10/1 dreamwave show looks p good

https://twitter.com/DWWrestling/status/776907874954055680

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Assuming he's cleared... :rip: :v:

(e: Ali's head hit the railings HARD tonight at AAW, they had to cancel the match. He's okay, mild concussion according to him.)

I approve of Sami Callihan, Lucha Mask Hunter.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I got to see Alberto El Patron tonight, he was in an indieriffic tag match with about 15 run ins that ended in a no-contest. So, you know, it must've felt like a normal WWE match. Afterwards he made a joke about banging Paige so that was decidedly less WWE!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The 1st night of Smash vs Progress was great. Mark Haskins is so very good every time I see him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pinwiz11 posted:

Assuming he's cleared... :rip: :v:

(e: Ali's head hit the railings HARD tonight at AAW, they had to cancel the match. He's okay, mild concussion according to him.)

I approve of Sami Callihan, Lucha Mask Hunter.
Tell me more about this, because back when Callihan had joined NXT and they never had anything for him, I thought bounty hunter ala TNA Samoa Joe would have been such a cool gimmick. Especially back when they were just unmasking lucha guys for no reason (Like Dr Lucha). It would have been really cool to have seen someone like Cien come in and lose his mask in a feud with Callihan if they were planning on unmasking him anyway.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

RealFoxy posted:

Tell me more about this, because back when Callihan had joined NXT and they never had anything for him, I thought bounty hunter ala TNA Samoa Joe would have been such a cool gimmick. Especially back when they were just unmasking lucha guys for no reason (Like Dr Lucha). It would have been really cool to have seen someone like Cien come in and lose his mask in a feud with Callihan if they were planning on unmasking him anyway.

At the previous AAW show Sami ripped off Fenix's mask, Pentagon came to the rescue while Fenix hid his face in the mat.

This weekend before intermission, Sami came out for his match wearing Fenix's mask around his neck. Later in the second half Ali came out to apologize for having to stop his match due to injury, he and Rey Horus/El Dragon Azteca Jr. set up a rematch down the line. Ali left, Rey stayed to get applause, and that's when Sami attacked. He eventually took Rey's mask (an audience member gave him a replacement until he got backstage :allears:), so we have a theme. I expect that Sami will have both around his neck the next time we see him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Callahan is a goon and stole my booking idea

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

since abyss took his mask off anyway sami should have claimed it too imo

also we were seated directly behind the rail where ali crashed. it was really bad! I closed my eyes as soon as he came off the ropes because it looked off right away. feel like the barricades may be more trouble than they're worth after that. ali's head was right at my feet and I could see his eyelids fluttering rapidly and heard him telling the ref he didn't know where he was so thank god they stopped the match. set a down tone for the beginning of the show but I thought it got back on track by the time we got to gulak/alexander. heard dave crist hurt his ribs in the tag match and still did the six-man crowd brawl later too

the six-man tag was very fun. the main event was also great and the best of the chris hero vs. luchadors series they've done

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Am I to understand that AR Fox's gimmick is "head bumps"