Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd still take Jameis, unless the Bucs are in the 30s or something.

@Ari, LA, Den, @Car, Bye. Not a great stretch. It does get a good bit easier after, and dream playoff match-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Professor Moriarty posted:

Do my thinking for me, FF nerds. 0 ppr, 2 wr, 2 rb, one wr/rb flex, & other insignificant boring positions. Which rb (or David Carr, who is offscreen in that screenshot) can I drop to stash Josh Gordon?

Alternatively tell me I'm an idiot for considering this, tia

drop Carr. Youll likely be able to pick up a streaming QB on Cam's bye week.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012
Just got JC from his RB-desperate owner for Abdullah and Fuller (my WW pickup this week). Come back healthy, buddy. Or not, since I have Ware. :feelsgood:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Professor Moriarty posted:

Do my thinking for me, FF nerds. 0 ppr, 2 wr, 2 rb, one wr/rb flex, & other insignificant boring positions. Which rb (or David Carr, who is offscreen in that screenshot) can I drop to stash Josh Gordon?

Alternatively tell me I'm an idiot for considering this, tia

I sure hope David Carr isn't on your team. If he is, drop him. :v: (Says the guy who had to watch Carr get killed for years in Houston).

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jamaal doubtful RIP in pieces bud

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'll just be over here quietly nodding

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
The running backs coach is the new OC of the Bills, loves the ground game. McCoy benefits and Gillislee might now be the most valuable RB lottery ticket in the league.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I thought we already knew that Charles would be out this week? He can take as long as he needs, Ware is tearing it up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm glad my value picks of Charles and Gronk are paying dividends. Hurry back you angels of AstroTurf. You princes of projected points. You beasts of burden.

Edit: I drafted Charles, Gronk, and Watkins in rounds 2, 3, & 4 god help me.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Sep 16, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Forever_Peace posted:

The running backs coach is the new OC of the Bills, loves the ground game. McCoy benefits and Gillislee might now be the most valuable RB lottery ticket in the league.

Would you drop that Washington guy in Oakland for him?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I wouldn't. Washington is probably more talented, in a better offense, and more likely to have stand alone value. I honestly don't know why anyone gives a poo poo who McCoy's handcuff is. If he gets hurt that offense is not going to be one in which any sane person should be trying to invest

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I honestly don't know why anyone gives a poo poo who McCoy's handcuff is.

....points?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah who around here is in that 16 team league where you really could use 5 ppg from your RB2 if McCoy goes down, go ahead and get on that Gillislee bus

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Yeah who around here is in that 16 team league where you really could use 5 ppg from your RB2 if McCoy goes down, go ahead and get on that Gillislee bus

How quickly we forget Fat Karlos. Dude was a low RB1 when McCoy was out last year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The Bills have a mediocre defense coached by a guy who has literally had one good defense in the 20 years he's been a coach. They're not going to be the ground and pound milk-clock running game-and-defense team they want to be. They're going to get scored on and they're going to have to pass and they won't be good at it. The only reason why anyone should have any shares in the Bills offense is because Watkins and McCoy are Good Football Players. If one or either goes down, that offense is going to sputter and be mediocre at best so save your lottery tickets for players who might actually help you and not give you a <10 point floor that you're never going to use except for emergencies

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

That's one theory.

On the other hand, the Bills had literally the most run-heavy offense in football last year en route to 8-8 so maybe they like to run the ball regardless of game script.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Aw, but that doesn't have the same flair as a bombastic off the cuff take.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'm deferring to F_P, God of Running Backs here.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

I was in a 16 team league once.

It was horrific.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Spoeank posted:

I'm deferring to F_P, God of Running Backs here.

Contrarian take on F_P: he's a total fraud.

Dude just drafted a "ground and pound" team in the new goon dynasty league (12-team 1QB / Superflex / 2RB / 3WR / 1TE / 3Flex 1ppr TE-premium 0.2 per carry):

That can't even compete this year:

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Ayudo posted:

Having made this exact series of terrible decisions, my take away is stop rolling out road dst's.

And me as well!

Im sticking with the Jets D though, they looked good and gave up a lot of flukey plays this last game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Does Matt Jones have any dynasty value anymore? I haven't been able to get rid of the guy in trades and now I'm debating just straight up cutting him for a lotto ticket.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Forever_Peace posted:

Contrarian take on F_P: he's a total fraud.

Dude just drafted a "ground and pound" team in the new goon dynasty league (12-team 1QB / Superflex / 2RB / 3WR / 1TE / 3Flex 1ppr TE-premium 0.2 per carry):

That can't even compete this year:

Have to point out that my team, The Long-Term Project, is currently in first.

I have to point this out because it will surely not last as I lost Keenan Allen and hit on the Riddick/Snead lotto.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

MrSargent posted:

Have to point out that my team, The Long-Term Project, is currently in first.

I have to point this out because it will surely not last as I lost Keenan Allen and hit on the Riddick/Snead lotto.

It won't last because I'm in 2nd despite putting cj Anderson on the bench.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

bows1 posted:

And me as well!

Im sticking with the Jets D though, they looked good and gave up a lot of flukey plays this last game.

I'm going to strongly consider doing the same. On one hand, they've got playmakers and an efficient offense to keep the d rested and in good field position. On the other hand, their schedule is loaded with dangerous teams. I'll play it by ear, but these last two weeks have been a real dick punch for what's normally a solid part of my team.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Give desean Jackson get frank gore?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

BigFactory posted:

Depends on your team, but I'd do it. Gore will give you more floor and desean more ceiling. I assume we're talking a standard 2/2/flex league. If you have to start more WRs may not be worth it.

Full disclosure, I've never like streaky players like desean; but some love those guys.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Does Matt Jones have any dynasty value anymore? I haven't been able to get rid of the guy in trades and now I'm debating just straight up cutting him for a lotto ticket.

Don't just cut him. He's got quite a bit more upside than who you'll likely be adding.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Just got JC from his RB-desperate owner for Abdullah and Fuller (my WW pickup this week). Come back healthy, buddy. Or not, since I have Ware. :feelsgood:

Grabbed Ware in the 12th round of both my leagues :feelsgood:

BigFactory posted:

No way in hell, especially when he's playing DEN this week.

Are you starting a flan at RB?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Don't just cut him. He's got quite a bit more upside than who you'll likely be adding.

Fair enough, my best options would putting in a waiver for Enunwa, Mike Gillislee, or FA pickup: Eddie Royal, Cole Beasely, or a DST (Green Bay's most likely)

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 16, 2016

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

BigFactory posted:

No, id at least try to get someone like Eddie lacy.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Woah some crazy facts in the Barnwell pod this week:

Dak's actual name is Rayne Dakota Prescott.

That is a rad as hell name.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

Fair enough, my best options would putting in a waiver for Enunwa, Mike Gillislee, Eddie Royal, Cole Beasely, or a DST (Green Bay's most likely)

Jones still has a good shot at being Washington's RB1, which is more than you can say for Gillislee (because he's on the Bills :v: you know what I mean). Enunwa is slightly tempting, but not for the price of Jones, and the other three are not close to worth dropping him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Jones still has a good shot at being Washington's RB1, which is more than you can say for Gillislee (because he's on the Bills :v: you know what I mean). Enunwa is slightly tempting, but not for the price of Jones, and the other three are not close to worth dropping him.

Thanks for the sanity check. Just tired of lugging this dope around haha.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Idk why he doesn't embrace the name Rayne. It owns.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

That's one theory.

On the other hand, the Bills had literally the most run-heavy offense in football last year en route to 8-8 so maybe they like to run the ball regardless of game script.

And I maintain that their defense was still decent enough (slightly below league average) that they were in games longer thus allowing them to run a poo poo load. Their defense went from a a top-5 unit in 2014 to the #19 defense last year and there's absolutely no reason to think it's not continuing to trend down now that "2 top 15 defenses in a ~20 year career" Rob Ryan is first mate on his brother's sinking ship. If McCoy and/or Watkins get hurt that team is going to pack it in so fast it'll create a vacuum. I shudder to think of what that team is going to look like this year without one or both of their only decent offensive weapons.

They're going to run more than they should in any event, but they're going to be a mediocre to outright bad team and I would certainly not be falling over myself to get the potential future pilot of the Hindenburg

Like people want to burn waivers and drop DeAndre Washington for this guy in week 2, like what am I missing here? :psyduck:

e: I was also under the impression that TAQ was mostly on the "Handcuffs are dumb and bad" bandwagon

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 16, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Teemu Pokemon posted:

It's me, the guy in a 16 team dynasty league with 44 roster slots that put in a 20% bid on Travaris Cadet because maybe he'll get a few catches a game

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Spiros posted:

Idk why he doesn't embrace the name Rayne. It owns.

Actually, unless you are a Mortal Kombat character, or a goofy actor, it's a pretty lovely name.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RCarr posted:

Actually, unless you are a Mortal Kombat character, or a goofy actor, it's a pretty lovely name.

OTOH I can change the name of the team I have him on to "Make it Rayne."

You know, if I don't drop him after this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Teemu Pokemon posted:

And I maintain that their defense was still decent enough (slightly below league average) that they were in games longer thus allowing them to run a poo poo load. Their defense went from a a top-5 unit in 2014 to the #19 defense last year and there's absolutely no reason to think it's not continuing to trend down now that "2 top 15 defenses in a ~20 year career" Rob Ryan is first mate on his brother's sinking ship. If McCoy and/or Watkins get hurt ghat team is going to pack it in so fast it'll create a vacuum. I shudder to think of what that team is going to look like this year without one or both of their only decent offensive weapons.

They're going to run more than they should in any event, but they're going to be a mediocre to outright bad team and I would certainly not be falling over myself to get the potential future pilot of the Hindenburg

Like people want to burn waivers and drop DeAndre Washington for this guy in week 2, like what am I missing here? :psyduck:

e: I was also under the impression that TAQ was mostly on the "Handcuffs are dumb and bad" bandwagon

I haven't dropped Washington, so step back from the ledge a bit you surly bastard.

• Locked thread