Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SC Bracer posted:

Holy poo poo, the shadow behind him is Crow, isn't it. I guess that theory about Rean looking to bring him back the way Osborne had been might have legs after all.

It's just Rean from behind I think, although it's obv meant to make you think of crow

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Sep 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Levantine posted:

Not getting the scans from Leo/Xeno/Spears was bothering me so I reverted to my save just prior to the battle. It was so easy to get the scans and get the AP this time I have no idea what I was missing before. I did it in maybe 10 turns? I only lost a couple hours of game time but now my OCD wont be bothering me for the rest of the game.

Is that just abusing buffs, get a quick scan of it all and then spam on Xeno? What's a good orb set up for that?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Cake Attack posted:

It's just Rean from behind I think, although it's obv meant to make you think of crow

That's what I thought initially, before this HQ pic came out, but the hair shape and color matches Crow (and mirrors Rean). I might be overthinking this a bit though!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Crabtree posted:

Is that just abusing buffs, get a quick scan of it all and then spam on Xeno? What's a good orb set up for that?

Get scans done first with your fastest, probably Rean and Fie, buff then overdrive to Burst, then spam S-crafts with everyone. You might have to swap in your bench for one more S-craft. If you can play a critical turn to your advantage, do it. Make sure everyone is at 200 CP or close.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Machias, Patrick, Gideon, and Crow all sound really similar. Am I just hearing things, or were they all voiced by the same actor?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's vaguely possible Gideon and Patrick do, but major roles like Machias and Crow wouldn't be double cast (and the credits to CSII have their actors as different people)

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I really dig how much Class VII care about eachother. one of my favorite moments (early game) Rean doesn't hug his mom when he wakes up but holy poo poo does he wrap up Machias when they meet again.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Machias, Patrick, Gideon, and Crow all sound really similar. Am I just hearing things, or were they all voiced by the same actor?

You are definitely just hearing things. Can't recall who voices Crow, but Machias is Ed Bosco, Gideon is Xander Mobus, and Patrick is Derek Stephen Prince.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Really Pants posted:

one of the TLers listed the voice cast on twitter

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773270785578328064
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773270899000684544
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773271104706125825
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773271375129616384
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773271641899962369
https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/773271844275130368

Patrick and Gideon aren't listed, so it's possible that's double duty. However, I'm pretty sure Patrick isn't the same VA as Machias or Crow, since I recognize Patrick's voice from other JRPGs. I just can't find their name, haha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wow those tweets did not embed the way i expected them to

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alright, thanks.

I still say those dudes all sound uncannily alike sometimes though

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 15, 2016

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Patrick is voiced by Derek Stephen Prince, or Chester from Oath of Felghana.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Patrick and Gideon aren't listed there because they aren't voiced in Cold Steel 2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

XainZero posted:

Patrick and Gideon aren't listed there because they aren't voiced in Cold Steel 2.
before cs2 came out i was hoping patrick would be a party member. alas.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

before cs2 came out i was hoping patrick would be a party member. alas.

I was genuinely surprised he wasn't. They spent so much time building him up in CS1 that I was sure he'd be a surprise bonus party member in CS2 but nope.

Obviously the real answer is that in CS3 Rean's son and Patrick's son will be best friends and accidentally go back in time and prevent the events of CS1 happening, thereby dooming everyone.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's a shame they didn't even make him one of the magic mirror party members for the last dungeon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doesn't he use the same style of fencing as Jusis? You could have reused animations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Doesn't he use the same style of fencing as Jusis? You could have reused animations.

CS2 full-game spoilers
He's even got combat animations and canonically can link up and fight hard enough to give Class VII a hard time. (Ignoring the fact that by that point you probably just smashed his face in with S-Crafts.)

Maybe in CS3 since Rean'll need new party members.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you fight him as an enemy too although I can't remember if he has crafts in that fight. I think he did?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the cs3 party:

rean
patrick
becky
neithardt

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hooray, my copy of CS2 arrived! And it totally didn't take hours of fiddling with save resigner programs just to get my save to work with it (It did).

I like that after their grand introduction tearing up poo poo in CS1, General Craig has already worked out how to completely neutralize the Soldats advantages against his tanks.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
okay so maybe i should have been saving more often but how in the blue gently caress was i supposed to know that this random gorilla in some filler sidequest in legram could probably take out the entirety of ouroboros by itself

losing two hours of progress like that kind of hurt, not gonna lie

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
okay, it was more like one hour of progress and one hour of repeatedly retrying the fight, trying to find the gimmick

i don't think there's a gimmick

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Reiterpallasch posted:

okay, it was more like one hour of progress and one hour of repeatedly retrying the fight, trying to find the gimmick

I think it's "get him to half health, spam S-crafts".

e: this is true of most bosses though

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Reiterpallasch posted:

The gimmick is going into the tactics screen, setting somebody with falco and evade and high agility to the very front and then spamming him with fire arts with everybody else in the very back. Re-cast insight when falco's is about to wear off and you shouldn't really be hit, especially if the evade tank is Sharon or Fie. Gaius can also work since even if the ape does hit him he isn't 2HKO even on nightmare.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The NG+ exclusive boss doesn't gently caress around on Nightmare, drat.

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
That loving gorilla... just remember to pack anti-faint accessories, and hope you have enough firepower to one shot it from half health.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Everything about McBurn is the worst thing. I can't even take him seriously. He has to be an ironic inclusion.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

He isn't taking it seriously either so it's fine

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

McBurn's just here to have a good time, and I can appreciate that.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

I'm fine with McBurn just for his dynamic with Duvalie.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

McBurn is cool and good for reasons listed. Also because he seems to be (finale spoilers/speculation): A literal demon just approximating how he thinks humans look

edit: I've just done the new game+ exclusive scenes. Spoilers for those who wanna know but don't want to immediately jump into NG+

You collect garbled up versions of the black records scattered throughout the game that, once deciphered by Instructor Thomas, tell the tale of the War of the Lions and go into detail about Heimdallr had been consumed and taken over by the Dark Dragon who's Skeleton you fight in CS1. The king at the time fled with his people to St Arkh until one of his descendants came across Testa Rossa and used it to slay the dragon. When the dragon died however it's blood covered Testa Rossa and the king inside, cursing the Arnor bloodline and turning Testa Rossa into an uncontrollable weapon of destruction.

After they reclaim Heimdallr the War of the Lions kicks off when the country is left without a true heir. This is when Duke Cayenne's ancestor discovers Testa Rossa and uses it to bring about the Vermillion Apocalypse for the first time. During this time several other heirs are mounting schemes of their own, with two princes creating an army of magical golems(presumably the magic knights we keep finding) and one using a 4th separate divine knight(dubbed the Palatinate Knight) to the ones we know about it. Dreichels of course is allying with the Nords and Sandlot and eventually finds Valimar and aids the other divine knight in fighting Testa Rossa and ending the war. The Platinate Knight falls during the battle.

The black records also start with the mention of two "gods" falling to erebonia and engaging in an endless war due to their "conflicting natures" as their kin observed from the sidelines and leaving behind the great power as they come to a stalemate. This bit is pretty clearly talking about Sept-terrions, based on what happens after you read them all.

You go see Instructor Thomas before the true final dungeon and having read the black records he will reveal himself as a Dominion, not just that, but the Second Dominion, Carnelia's right hand man. His title is The Partitioner because hes able to create pocket realities, which he uses to talk to you when he reveals this. He straight up says he, Rosine, who is revealed to be his squire, and Barkhorn, Dominion no 8, are looking for two sept-terrions in Erebonia and trying to figure out the mystery of the seven Divine Knights and the ruins left behind by the witches and the gnomes.

This poo poo is important enough that it's clear to me they'll definitely reiterate it during CS3 but man that game is gonna be a thing and a half when it comes out.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 17, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

lets hang out posted:

He isn't taking it seriously either so it's fine

I think its Bleublanc that says something like 'the number of enforcers that take things seriously is definitely the minority'

Understatement of the game.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

I think its Bleublanc that says something like 'the number of enforcers that take things seriously is definitely the minority'

Understatement of the game.

Are there ANY Enforcers in CSII taking it seriously? I can think of three that appear, and all of them are basically screwing around in one way or another. The only two Ouroboros members taking part who seem to actually be taking it mostly seriously are Vita and Duvalie - neither of whom are Enforcers. And even Vita is clearly loving around a bunch, while Duvalie has her own issues.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
And Duvalie is not technically a member of Ouroboros.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I think being an enforcer only entails having your contact info in the company register for anguis(angui?) to try and sell you on participating in their doomsday schemes.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

What, is this one of those incredibly fine line technicalities? I mean, she serves directly under the Seventh Anguis as their head knight.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Some Numbers posted:

She is, she's just not an Enforcer. The Stahlritter are a branch of Ouroboros that work directly under the 7th Anguis.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Duvalie's totally technically a member of ouroboros. She's the commander of the Stahlritter, which are the 7th anguis's personal knights. She's the left-hand woman of a high-ranking ouroboros member, basically. If Gilbert commanded a few goons in Sky SC, then Duvalie commands a bunch of Gilberts.

Also, i'm pretty sure that's her in the back getting owned by campanella

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

issat bleublanc crossdressing or some sorta weird angle