Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think that the red ribbon/fortune teller before Son Gohan chunk of DB is probably the weakest part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Weird part of the Ocean Group dub - Vegeta finding religion on his death bed and saying to Freeza, "If there is a God, He must be good for letting me live long enough to see this day."

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wheat Loaf posted:

Weird part of the Ocean Group dub - Vegeta finding religion on his death bed and saying to Freeza, "If there is a God, He must be good for letting me live long enough to see this day."

Must've thought he dreamt up meeting Beerus

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TheKingofSprings posted:

Must've thought he dreamt up meeting Beerus

"Tell me, Kakarot, have you accepted Beerus as your personal Lord and Saviour?"

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My favorite part about Beerus is all of the absurdly self confident characters like Vegeta and Freeza who were reconned into being terrified of him.

Golden Freeza making GBS threads himself mid-fight when he realizes he might have disrupted Catman's tea time was a great part of RoF.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...

Rodyle posted:

My favorite part about Beerus is all of the absurdly self confident characters like Vegeta and Freeza who were reconned into being terrified of him.

Golden Freeza making GBS threads himself mid-fight when he realizes he might have disrupted Catman's tea time was a great part of RoF.

I don't think it has to be a retcon. There's a ton of people who talk mad poo poo until someone better actually shows up.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Didn't Vegeta repress the memory of Beerus anyway?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Vegeta is super-confident until he gets fuckin' terrified by someone he thinks is stronger than he is" is pretty common. He only talked poo poo to Frieza when he thought he could handle him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ImpAtom posted:

"Vegeta is super-confident until he gets fuckin' terrified by someone he thinks is stronger than he is" is pretty common. He only talked poo poo to Frieza when he thought he could handle him.

Wouldn't that make Vegeta a coward? Someone who acts tough until he realizes he's outclassed?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Shaking my head that there are people that not only don't think the Red Ribbon arc is the most fun part of Dragonball but that it's one of the worst despite being the last part before it stopped being 75% gags until loving Buu and Battle of the Gods.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Wouldn't that make Vegeta a coward? Someone who acts tough until he realizes he's outclassed?

A coward runs away when they know they're out gunned. Vegeta is the Prince of all Blowhards.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No Vegeta is a coward. Frieza literally makes him cry because he owns him so hard.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I wish I could find the gif of Piccolo actually dragging him to Broly.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They made a statue and everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD_Amo5T0DE

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

His mind had been damagely corrupted.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Crabtree posted:

A coward runs away when they know they're out gunned. Vegeta is the Prince of all Blowhards.

I think it was Whis who said Vegeta's problem is he gets too frustrated to think properly when things go south or take too long. So that sounds about right.

Too bad he gets dunked on too quickly for that to matter in all his big fights.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Red Ribbon is really boring up until Tao and then gets meh again afterwards. 21st Tournament, Baba, and everything after are much better.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The doctor's trying alternative medicine today, I see

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

I THOUGH I TOLD YOU THIS WAS NON CANON

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Vegeta looks like he just poo poo his pants.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I want this

I will put it next to the Yamcha one.

When I get them.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Apropos of nothing, I only realised today that Vegeta's Ocean Group VA (Brian Drummond) also did the Char Aznable expy they had in Gundam Wing. Come to think of it, those were the two "big" anime series that Cartoon Network had around the same time. Definitely the only two I was really into.

Has me thinking, I heard Bleach ended recently and I know Naruto ended about a year ago. I'm aware that One Piece is still chugging along and it's getting close to its twentieth year of continuous publication (which is pretty impressive). Those were the Big 3 shonen series for so long, what's come up to replace them? Or is it just "One Piece and everything else"?

When Dragon Ball / Z were at the peak of their popularity, were they the big fish or were there other series in the genre that were comparably popular alongside them, like One Piece/Naruto/Bleach.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
In Japan it was One Piece and then every thing else.

In the West it was Naruto and everything else. I dunno about them in Europe and other Asian countries.

For Dragonball Togashi's stuff was around but it didn't do DB numbers.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 17, 2016

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Scott McNeill and Brian Drummond 4 life. When they switched to the godawful Funi dub I almost poo poo myself with anger.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Funi dub is way better than Ocean ever was.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think Brian Drummond's voice fits the character Vegeta is up until the end of the Freeza saga, then Christopher Sabat suits the character for the Androids onwards better.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The renew up and coming shounen series is My Hero Academia although I'm not too clear on the exact numbers it's moving.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The Funi dub was just bad impressions of the Ocean dub. Maybe it got better over time, but then I switched to Japanese and never looked back.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

:chloe:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol if you watch a show in a language you don't understand.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

The Funi dub was just bad impressions of the Ocean dub. Maybe it got better over time, but then I switched to Japanese and never looked back.

the sweet, soothing sound of the same grandma voicing an entire male line

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Lol if you watch a show or movie in its original language? Seriously?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this thread hates the japanese version for some inexplicable reason don't worry about it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

watch it in w/e language you want but idk how anyone could look at the japanese va to dbz as a step up

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

Lol if you watch a show or movie in its original language? Seriously?

Straight up. I know why hipsters do it but no one tries to pretend anime is classic cinema.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Manatee Cannon posted:

watch it in w/e language you want but idk how anyone could look at the japanese va to dbz as a step up

Because the Spanish version beats them both.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Does Gohan sound like not-a-scrub in any language?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

HitTheTargets posted:

Does Gohan sound like not-a-scrub in any language?

No. I hate Nozawa's Gohan a lot, too. She can do Goku, Goten, Turles, Black, Bardock, Guilmon, fat sandwich chasing Samurai with a Beldum in Pokemon, and that 100+ yearold chick that dresses like a hobag in One Piece, but gently caress her Gohan.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 18, 2016

• Locked thread