Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

I've read so many good age gap romance manga so that I too have become a sennin and can deflect the 'hrm' parts

Sennin bros.

Besides, they're younger than me, so they're both children anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Taiyou no Ie and Love so Life are two of the better ones. Both are not so focused on the romance itself but the idea of family. Taiyou no Ie is more 'sad' since it deals with families splitting apart due to death or divorce (still very upbeat and funny), and Love so Life is more diabetes because of the twins the main character looks after, though still has some bittersweet moments.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Oh, hm. Wait a sec.

Where's Karen at the end, there?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Rauk I'm sure will have plenty of suggestions.

Off the top of my head though:
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/pok%c3%a9mon-dating-a-team-magma-grunt-doujinshi-r14246
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/futari-no-renai-shoka-r14822
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/14-sai-no-koi-r1970

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

MFW this chapter

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'll throw in http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/ameiro-kouchakan-kandan-r4878

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tarage posted:

Rauk I'm sure will have plenty of suggestions.

Off the top of my head though:
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/pok%c3%a9mon-dating-a-team-magma-grunt-doujinshi-r14246

ah, now im reminded of the fact that gooberman had to go on korean mandated military time so this is hiatus'd. darn

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

Remember what kind of world these events are taking place in.

Something's occurred to me, Tarage- in this panel, you missed an opportunity for Akari to say "Until you graduate, this will be our monster secret." Shameful display, dude, shameful display :colbert:

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Sep 15, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Best. Best arc. Best series. Can't say anything else.

Captain Invictus posted:

Jitsu wa watashi wa: even the horse has a secret

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Captain Invictus posted:

Jitsu wa watashi wa: even the horse has a secret

Hell even the anime had a secret: The manga is actually really good.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hooray.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wonder where this is going to go, actually. A lot of Akari's stuff is tied up with her not being able to have a relationship and all, and while it's not the entirety of her character it's a well the series can't go back to now. (Not that I mind; I think it was risking becoming overdone, and while it was partially Akari's fault thanks to her ludicrous standards it still verged on being a it mean-spirited at times.) Also, Akane's going to have to find something new to tease Akari about.

Oh, on that topic, this means no more Akalyn. (Or possibly Akalyn reaching a resolution or moving on to a new thing, if Akane keeps up with that teasing.)

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Best bros. Best faces. Best cute. Best dumb.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Roland Jones posted:

Oh, on that topic, this means no more Akalyn. (Or possibly Akalyn reaching a resolution or moving on to a new thing, if Akane keeps up with that teasing.)

Before:

quote:

♪Alcohol's her only partner♪ (sin~gle~)
♪She's never popular♪ (sin~gle~)
♪Dumped over and over again♪ (a hundred ti~mes)
♪Alcohol's her only partner♪ (mi~ddle-a~ged)
♪Middle-aged, middle aged♪ (sin~gle~)
♪Marriage interview failed♪ (sin~gle~)
Magical ⋆ Akalyn. the Middle♥Aged Magical Girl.

After:

quote:

♪Alcohol's her second partner♪ (ma-rried~)
♪She's super popular♪ (ma-rried~)
♪Dumped over and over again♪ (a hundred ti~mes)
♪Until she met Sakurada♪ (mi~ddle-a~ged)
♪Middle-aged, middle aged♪ (ma-rried~)
Rescued by her sennin(ma-rried~)
Magical ⋆ Akalyn. the Middle♥Aged Magical Girl.

There, I fixed Magical Akalyn S2 :smugbert:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Roland Jones posted:

I wonder where this is going to go, actually. A lot of Akari's stuff is tied up with her not being able to have a relationship and all, and while it's not the entirety of her character it's a well the series can't go back to now.

There's been character progression for most everybody recently, which makes me think we're approaching a turning point or endgame.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Turning point, maybe. Endgame, not for a while; if earlier reports are to be believed then we still have several more volumes to go.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah, we are always 30 chapters behind the raws

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dumb and cute: The college years

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeeessssssssssss.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Mors Rattus posted:

Dumb and cute: The college years

Plot twist: They all finally get placed on medication to deal with their hallucinations and everything is normal and boring. Except for Shima. He's now in prison.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The biggest secret will be that everyone has a secret.

Except Shima.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Shima's secret was that he was a year older.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
One of the next big arcs is Oka's, and then after that... well... poo poo is seriously going down in the raws right now. I'm honestly excited and scared to death where the manga is going next.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Wait when you say serious do you mean similar to how the comic handled seriousness up until this point, or....?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Spooky serious

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mindblast posted:

Wait when you say serious do you mean similar to how the comic handled seriousness up until this point, or....?

Yeah, this is why I'm not worried. The manga's thrown a lot of curveballs (just see this chapter!), but if there's one thing I'm sure of, is that any supposed 'seriousness' is just there to set up the humour.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, this is why I'm not worried. The manga's thrown a lot of curveballs (just see this chapter!), but if there's one thing I'm sure of, is that any supposed 'seriousness' is just there to set up the humour.

The manga always teases that it has a serious side. I imagine that things will really get tense when it comes time for our favorite vampire to come to terms with her nature.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I thought the manga has gotten a bit weak and stale and dropped it a few months ago but this arc reeled me back in. Muy bueno.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

CommissarMega posted:

It's not... super DUPER everything's hosed serious, but it does have some pretty dark elements to it. It's spoilers to explain why it's dark, but it is. I still have faith that it will be comedic again in short order. This was a necessary chapter to move the overall plot along.

Just like how 142 wasn't the funniest chapter. Have faith.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sounds like how Myriad Colors Phantom World went from what it is in the anime(tityphysics for limboing against power poles) to the world is dead and the mc is a brooding edgelord.

It isn't that drastic... right? :ohdear:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No way dude, nothing like that. Just remember that some of the characters in this series are vampires, and sometimes they get crazy eyes.

It always ends up fine anyway

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
So basically they have some more sex.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

So basically they have some more sex.

I am okay with this.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Note: I do not read the raws.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Let me believe.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Omake this week. Raw provider ordered the wrong volume.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

No prob Bob; I admit, I really want to see how Akane's reacting to this whole thing, but an omake is damned fine too.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Tarage posted:

Kill them.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Failures of this magnitude must not be tolerated.

Edit: Unless the omake has Nagisa/Shiho antics in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Everything will be okay because Akari is happy now.

• Locked thread