Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Zhent posted:

That's understandable - I'm still e-mad that there are no Rhino or Land Raider doors for Sons of Horus.

Holy hell, really? Yeah I'd be extra pissed if I was you. It's been... 5 years?

PantsOptional posted:

What are you going to use for the missile racks?

I'm not going to do Tyrants yet I don't think. Just regular terminators. If I was doing Tyrants I'd buy two of those tiny missile launchers you're supposed to throw on the top of the torso, except I'd use two and mount them side-by-side. I'm not sure what company makes them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

BULBASAUR posted:

Holy hell, really? Yeah I'd be extra pissed if I was you. It's been... 5 years?

Something like that. All I know is that after waiting for a while and sort of losing patience, I emailed them. They said the did have plans to make them, but nothing specific on the timeline. That was July 24, 2013.

I guess they could still be on the timeline...?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zhent posted:

Something like that. All I know is that after waiting for a while and sort of losing patience, I emailed them. They said the did have plans to make them, but nothing specific on the timeline. That was July 24, 2013.

I guess they could still be on the timeline...?

When I asked a Forgeworld store clerk at Warhammer World about why they didn't have an Ultramarines Contemptor Dreadnought yet, they said they were probably just saving the best for last :agesilaus:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Between work, stress and sickness (hm might be a common link somewhere in there) I've not touched a single hobby thing in months, but today a package arrived and I wanted to try my stupid new toy.

I think there's a bit of a learning curve ahead but I'm liking this :3:

e. Ah drat, just looking at it spin I feel like I need to paint a whole vehicle

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 12, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Is that the newer Foldio with a turn table? I've got a Foldio2 and it's been worth every penny.

Awesome looking space wizard

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've been waiting on mine with baited breath.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

It's not as pretty as some other marines posted in this thread, but its about the best I can do.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I think it's drat good.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah, he looks dope. What do you have in mind for the basing?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

No loving clue. Im thinking astrogranite washed with blue wash and then drybrushed with fenris grey. Seems to work fine for my other armies.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

It's not as pretty as some other marines posted in this thread, but its about the best I can do.

He looks great, all heresy hams welcome.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It is the foldio 360, I like it quite a bit The biggest issue I have right now is the export options, which are nil if using the app. You can basically get a zip with: each of the pictures (no control on quality), a gif so horrifically compressed that it's laughable, and a video file that's only one step better than the gif in quality.

And that SoH looks awesome. Makes me think that I\m a little too conservative on the colors for my dudes and could probably stand to put a few more non-red details on them.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
The obvious solution to the lack of models means someone is going to have to go get a job at forgeworld.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

DJ Dizzy posted:

That's a good looking Son of Horus right there

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Mango Polo posted:

Between work, stress and sickness (hm might be a common link somewhere in there) I've not touched a single hobby thing in months, but today a package arrived and I wanted to try my stupid new toy.

I think there's a bit of a learning curve ahead but I'm liking this :3:

e. Ah drat, just looking at it spin I feel like I need to paint a whole vehicle

That's a great red, and I love the ivory and gold contrast. What's your recipe?

So what's the deal with the Blackshields? Any other legion w/ the Pride of the Legion RoW seems like a better deal than Marauder squads.

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 13, 2016

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Black Shields are pretty strong. Marauders are up there with veterans in terms of how good they are for their points. Not being able to take allies or a ROW is a bummer, but that only applies to the primary detachment making them pretty good allies. Besides that no drop pods, but you can still take a dreadclaw. The only looser here is the Leviathan.

Here's an example of one combo: +1T, +1S, Chainaxes, Pariah Bolters, Pariah Armour, Rad Nades. Suddenly your basic dudes can rapid fire before assault, re-roll charge distances, are T5, S6, have 3 attacks each, and reduce enemy toughness down to 3.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

That is too good. Theres no way I can handle that with my three javelins and 20 kakophoni.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I've got a unit of Scyllax Guardian-automata, and while they have a lot of weapons options in the book, not a whole lot comes with the kit (only the bolters and lots of arms)

Am i entirely wrong for wanting to outfit them entirely for CC purposes, with maybe one of them kitted out with a rad-cleanser, is this an entirely wrong idea? just have them hover around my Magos primus or whichever HQ i'll be rocking.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

SRM posted:

I got to bust out my bits box and go to town making a cool squad of blinged out Tactical Veterans for my Ultras:

I'm a couple of days late to this party, but you are seriously some sort of Ultramarines factory at this point. I think we all probably wish we had that sort of dedication. Those vets turned out great and the mix of heads and weapons really makes them stand out a bit.

I'm really looking forward to when I can get around to a couple of vet squads. Sniper vets with suspensored acid heavy bolters? :getin: I have so many plastic DA bits I can use to customize them too. They'll be in MkII though. That just feels appropriate.

Huh, so you are still alive.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

This rules. I wish I would've painted my shoulderpads black on my dudes. Oh well. What'd you do for the green?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

I followed the advice of our true emperor, duncan rhodes, and basecoated the mini with mechanicus standard grey, and then painted on kabalite green, and then highlighted with dawnstone.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
WIP of my lightning, instead of the IW scheme I decided to go with the Razgriz colors from Ace Combat 5, since its one of my favorite games, probably sticking their squadron decal on the tail.

Lightnings are so drat cool.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 16, 2016

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Boss.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Xiphons>Lightnings. :colbert:

I just saw my first xiphon yesterday and held one in my hammy hands. That thing is so top gun that even Maverick would give it a thumbs up.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 16, 2016

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

DJ Dizzy posted:

Xiphons>Lightnings. Hth. :colbert:

This is the right opinion but that Lightning is still dope.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

All lightning are dope. That lightning looks like the perfect start to a DA force.

Also, raptors as reavers/SoH assault marines?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I want a xiphon real bad. It's an awesome model, its rules are solid, and as a bonus its little fluff blurb even says the Dark Angels (and Ultramarines) used a bunch of them. Works for me.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Also, raptors as reavers/SoH assault marines?
They're covered in trim and chaos crap. If you're ok with that, go for it, but cleaning them up would be a hassle.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Have Xiphon. Can confirm awesome.The armour penetration reroll stuff is really good for causing people to freak out and waste firepower trying to snapshot it out of the sky.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Three words.
Kraken. Penetrator. Missile. Let's see your xiphon casually murder a spartan. :colbert:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hencoe posted:

Three words.
Kraken. Penetrator. Missile. Let's see your xiphon casually murder a spartan. :colbert:

:colbert:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

PREPARE YOUR COLLECTIVE ANUSES. Also, it could be bjorn in the forefront, he does have a LC after all.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Sep 17, 2016

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Welp. :shepspends:

In other news, I seem to have accidentally gotten some interest in 30k going at my FLGS. Some other dude put up a sign-up sheet for an escalation league and there's at least 4 or 5 people interested so far. All I did was paint my dudes and show off some finished models and then this happened. Works for me.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

DJ Dizzy posted:

PREPARE YOUR COLLECTIVE ANUSES. Also, it could be bjorn in the forefront, he does have a LC after all.

Screw the custodes, plastic MK3 marines. Hnnng.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Leigo Custodes is a surprise, are they even in 30k yet?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Nope, they're supposed to be in the constantly pushed back Prospero book along with Thousand Sons, Wolves and Sisters of Silence. Allegedly.

EDIT: The cover has a boxout saying the rules for 30k custodes are in there. Looks like 30k just got its first WD supplement.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Well that was unexpected, I figured it was going to be TS against SW.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hencoe posted:

Well that was unexpected, I figured it was going to be TS against SW.

I'm very surprised it isn't just a huge pile of marines.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The upside is that the Custodes (and Sisters?) are probably going to be the cheap half in the secondary market.

Then again that's what I thought about the genestealer cult in DO, and they are still pricy.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
The Custodes look monopose to me, so maybe this is going to be more of a one-box-per-person deal than Calth was. Especially if there are special character sculpts rather than generic character models

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Plastic Tartaros Terminators too, gently caress yeah. Also the freeLC for Warhammer Total War in there is a nice touch.