Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

HoneyBoy posted:

Actually, I don't care either of those, and not because the Pokedex is loving retarded and written by fanfic authors, but because p̨̀ò͢͠ke̛m̢ón҉͜ ̀ìs̨ ̷no̸͞t̨ ҉͢͢r̴͞ea̧l͟

pokemon is real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

did you know, under their clothes, these pokemon are naked? ban this sick filth

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

Sylveon is great until you realize its ribbons are made of flesh

The flesh ribbons make it better.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zore posted:

there is only one bad Eeveelution.

and it isn't Flareon, Vaporeon, Jolteon, Espeon, Umbreon, Leafeon or Glaceon.

Come over here and say that about my friend Sylveon. :mad:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Pokemen Megathread 7.0: The flesh ribbons make it better

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Geokinesis posted:

I like vaporeon for its A E S T H E T I C

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
That actually hurts to look at.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

make a null type eeveelution

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Super No Vacancy posted:

make a null type eeveelution

Dude don't spoil Type: Null's secret

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The Lord of Hats posted:

Clearly they get Leavanny to make their clothes for them.

This is what I choose to believe.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zodack posted:

Dude don't spoil Type: Null's secret

I honestly hope that is the explanation. They tried to make a pokemon that could do anything by scrambling Eevee's genes and got a freakish chimera.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

pokemon is real

https://twitter.com/swiftonsecurity/status/667834904034410496

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Type null evolves from mewtwo

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Sylveon is great until you realize its ribbons are made of flesh

i dont mind the ribbons cuz theyre like feelers or something. the bows are what bother me

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Type: Null is Alolan Eevee.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope they release the soundtrack for Generations, the wild battle medley in the pikachu video owned

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The feelers remind me of a Coeurl but I bet bulbapedia already has that covered.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Gardevoir is a jellyfish.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bongo Bill posted:

Gardevoir is a jellyfish.

a very pretty, elegant jellyfish

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gardevoir is top tier for patting on the head after they do a good job in battle, right alongside every dog pokemon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Make sure to give your Honedge a good jock butt slap after every successful pokemurder.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

El Burbo posted:

"Well poo poo"

Dangerously cheesy!

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I don't know how to use aegislash.
How do you use aegislash.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ka0 posted:

Get murdered by choice band Garchomp

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

So several years ago, I started a project of drawing the berries by hand in Pokemon games as if they were actual botanical things instead of all growing on trees, including adding in variations. I got three in, then *~*~ brain weasels ~*~* got in the way, because that is what brain weasels do. I have picked it back up.

I just finished Rawst, but it's got to be scanned.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ka0 posted:

The enemy is going to try to guess whether you will use King's Shield, an attack move, a priority attack move, or a support move. What you need to do is anticipate what they think you think you will do, and gently caress up their response.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Bongo Bill posted:

The enemy is going to try to guess whether you will use King's Shield, an attack move, a priority attack move, or a support move. What you need to do is anticipate what they think you think you will do, and gently caress up their response.

And you could set up with Swords Dance, and you could use either physical or special moves with your dual base 150 attacking stats.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

i think i read somewhere that the rawst berry is canonically hollow inside, like a strawberry.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Now I'm curious as to all the different fruits, vegetables and plants the various berries reference. Some are really obvious (especially the anagrams), but others not so much. What is Kelpsy referencing?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
narcolepsy

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I can't eat that.

Now as for you

*squints at Cornn berry*

what secrets do you hold???

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

notoriousman posted:

Now I'm curious as to all the different fruits, vegetables and plants the various berries reference. Some are really obvious (especially the anagrams), but others not so much. What is Kelpsy referencing?

Kelp.

I could probably list off what all the berries are because I learned them all, but I'm tired.

If no one else does it by tomorrow, I'll rattle them off.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ka0 posted:

Max HP/SpAtk Weakness Policy

Shadow Ball
Flash Cannon
Wide Guard
King's Shield

Special attacking Aegislash is better than physical as it won't get hosed by intimidate. Weakness policy is really good since Aegislash can usually tank a super effective hit in shield form and then KO whatever hit it with a boosted shadowball or flash cannon. There are very few Pokemon that resist both of those. Wideguard is extremely useful as it lets Aegislash stay in shield form and also protects it from many moves that would other devastate it. Namely, heat wave and earthquake spammers are completely negated by intelligent use of wide guard.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Nethilia posted:

So several years ago, I started a project of drawing the berries by hand in Pokemon games as if they were actual botanical things instead of all growing on trees, including adding in variations. I got three in, then *~*~ brain weasels ~*~* got in the way, because that is what brain weasels do. I have picked it back up.

I just finished Rawst, but it's got to be scanned.

These are pretty neat! I bet some of the later berries being functionally acorns makes for a tough sell, though.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Maybe someone else can make use of this, but I cataloged all the Pokémon catchable in HG/SS by what types of balls they're obtainable in. I stuck with the basic forms for most of them since some evolutions had more limited option, and didn't bother with male-only or genderless monsters (since only females can pass on ball types in Gen VI). Also, I'll probably pad it out with some more info in the future.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TSE80cNidVWlwaFzIVi5oTPujxmNrol6sf3gGdk1U5k/edit?usp=sharing

Note: anything listed catchable in an Apricorn ball is implied catchable in any store-bought ball, and a colored background is for version exclusivity.

Nethilia
Oct 17, 2012

Hullabalooza '96
Easily Depressed
Teenagers Edition

Emalde posted:

These are pretty neat! I bet some of the later berries being functionally acorns makes for a tough sell, though.

I'm using what Bulbapedia links to as the origin of the name, mostly. I've also mentally created some like analogues to limes and pawpaw fruit.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Today I learned that wifi battle spot \ VGC rules are about as fun as getting kicked in the nuts and playing OU on Pokemon showdown is way more fun.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Gammatron 64 posted:

Today I learned that wifi battle spot \ VGC rules are about as fun as getting kicked in the nuts and playing OU on Pokemon showdown is way more fun.

lol OU, fun. haha. Everything above UU is for try hards. Ubers is especially boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
What's a tryhard?