Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sinteres posted:

I wish they'd held their fire on that one and someone had actually managed to ask him about it in person just to see if he'd lose his poo poo.

he'd probably either walk away from the interview or murder the person on the spot, i wouldn't chance it either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

zen death robot posted:

Wait did CNN finally pull their heads out of thier rear end? My cables been out all day thanks to a lightning strike that took out the neighborhood

Trump used all of cable news as an infomercial this morning.

CNN is.... not pleased.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

zen death robot posted:

Wait did CNN finally pull their heads out of thier rear end? My cables been out all day thanks to a lightning strike that took out the neighborhood

Don Lemon has surpassed Super Saiyan 3 while Lewandowski is sputtering out "k-k-kaio ken! Kaio ken!"

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

Schnorkles posted:

Trump used all of cable news as an infomercial this morning.

CNN is.... not pleased.

what happened

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

ok is there any chance at all whatsoever that bill weld could renounce his candidacy and endorse hillary

because if that happens i have some coworkers to laugh at so hard

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea I know 'lol nothing matters' and all but I genuinely can't see how CNN can backtrack stuff like Lemon going insanely aggro (rightly) on Lewandowski and just having everyone laugh in his face and call him a lying idiot, and stuff like, ya know, 'Donald Trump raped his wife'. Even for the most simpering press, there's points of no return, and 'this guy is a goddamn rapist' and open scorn for his surrogates are pretty strong contender for those.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

what a mess / what a marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e2_MvwLTI8

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trump held a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT at his new hotel, then told the press to stay put while he took the camermen on a whirlwind tour

he basically used the press to film a free infomercial and they are pissed

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

ok is there any chance at all whatsoever that bill weld could renounce his candidacy and endorse hillary

Zero, I'm not sure what this guy is talking about

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

announced a speech at his new hotel to talk about birtherism

spent the entire speech talking about how amazing the hotel was and then finished off with like a sentence or two about birtherism

then took the network cameras (But not the reporters) on a tour of the hotel

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FactsAreUseless posted:

For a while, GBS continued to move further and further left, helped along by moderator decisions both good (probations for being a racist sexist piece of poo poo) and bad (arbitrary enforcement of grammar/spelling/derailing/etc. rules that stifled real discussion). This created a vocal minority of crazy assholes who felt they were being pushed off "their website" by the SJW sensitivity PC police. So when GBS went to a rules-light format in late 2013 (getting rid of a lot of bad rules that stifled discussion) it allowed a reactionary brigade of maniacs mostly motivated by anti-trans sentiment to take over the forum simply through volume of posting. Eventually they ran most other posters out to other, non-lovely subfora. There have been efforts since then to clean it up, some of which have been successful - it's a hell of a lot better now with Smythe and Genesplicer than it was a year ago, but the damage has been done. Also it's full of some of the whiniest and most entitled idiots on the site who freak out whenever any change is suggested or made.

Hey maybe you know someone with Ban Power to loving do something about it who isn't a big ol' bitch

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

cnn got scorned and has opened Hilary's oppo research file for themselves, including bringing up that Trump raped his wife

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Wait until two days from now when they start asking "Has the media been too hard on Trump?"

more like tomorrow when they start hammering HRC over this Blumenthal thing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

in the sense that the laws of probability say that almost anything is literally possible, yes.

In the sense of being likely, not much of one, but not literally none.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

teased a big birther announcement and press conference, left the cable networks showing an empty podium for a full hour, gave a 25 minute infomercial for his hotel interspersed with medal of honor human shields, then devoted about 30 seconds to saying obama was born in the united states and he personally ended the birther controversy that hillary started

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

again how do even the most spineless cowards walk back 'we called you a rapist on prime time news'?

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
god i love tha trump hates the media as much as i do

passionate dongs
May 23, 2001

Snitchin' is Bitchin'

logikv9 posted:

announced a speech at his new hotel to talk about birtherism

spent the entire speech talking about how amazing the hotel was and then finished off with like a sentence or two about birtherism

then took the network cameras (But not the reporters) on a tour of the hotel

lmbo i saw journo twitter losing their minds but i didnt know at what

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Dapper_Swindler posted:

thats the thing. I doubt all of the top old school republicans are giant super racists. they use it as a tool to get poor angry whites to vote for them. but now you have people who truly believe all the bullshit.

Old school Republicans are the product of the backlash against Civil Rights, Open Housing, school desegregation, etc. We usually stop short of calling white-flight suburban Republicans racist, but they invented the dogwhistle, my man.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Probably.

But CNN losing their goddamn minds today is a memory I will cherish.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

again how do even the most spineless cowards walk back 'we called you a rapist on prime time news'?

it's hard to wrap our heads around this strange new world of things mattering

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i watched cnn just now (i always watch this poo poo after i say i dont watch this poo poo) and they approached the blumenthal thing by first quoting the guy saying he didn't do it, then by saying that even if it's true it doesn't matter because of the events of the subsequent like decade

unless they find some EMAIL or something that has crooked hillary giving blumenthal his marching orders i feel like that approach would hold up

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

cnn all in on war plan orange

hope it lasts

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

oystertoadfish posted:

i watched cnn just now (i always watch this poo poo after i say i dont watch this poo poo) and they approached the blumenthal thing by first quoting the guy saying he didn't do it, then by saying that even if it's true it doesn't matter because of the events of the subsequent like decade

unless they find some EMAIL or something that has crooked hillary giving blumenthal his marching orders i feel like that approach would hold up

on the other hand, it raises questions and furthermore transparency

i predict that by wednesday, we will have degenerated back to "well both sides did it, so"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

oystertoadfish posted:

Pretty much, the CNN (and probably MSNBC and other major outlets) marching orders seem to be 'maybe he did, it's he said he said at this point, but even if he did Trump chose to spend years obsessing on it on his own', which is good, because, ya know, that's what happened!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i predict that by wednesday, we will have degenerated back to "well both sides did it, so"

tbh the only important thing about what's just happened on cnn, fox and others is that its basically reset the narrative.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i would be surprised

maybe today is the Gottermatterüng

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If Blumenthal gets covered tomorrow, it'll only be until 8pm because Lemon seems to be having none of that, and instead he will be covering the Congressional Black Caucus awards, or some other big yearly gathering

Why yes, Trump did bring up birtherism and how it's not his fault and it's just asking questions the day before the Congressional Black Caucus' yearly affair that a lot of press will be at

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Pretty much, the CNN (and probably MSNBC and other major outlets) marching orders seem to be 'maybe he did, it's he said he said at this point, but even if he did Trump chose to spend years obsessing on it on his own', which is good, because, ya know, that's what happened!

are you implying that cnn is reporting facts

did the cnn from the good universe get switched with our lovely one

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
once again clinton bumbles into a landmine she laid for herself years in the past

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Schnorkles posted:

tbh the only important thing about what's just happened on cnn, fox and others is that its basically reset the narrative.

i feel like hillary campaigning again wouldve led to a boost anyway cause i guess im a sap like that, and now we have this thing

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
guys

seriously

something mattered today

you can't unring that bell, if something mattered then anything matters

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i am not happy with anything mattering

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

once again clinton bumbles into a landmine she laid for herself years in the past

Friend.

You appear to be suggesting that something matters.

Please report to your local DMV for reconditioning.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

If Blumenthal gets covered tomorrow, it'll only be until 8pm because Lemon seems to be having none of that, and instead he will be covering the Congressional Black Caucus awards, or some other big yearly gathering

Why yes, Trump did bring up birtherism and how it's not his fault and it's just asking questions the day before the Congressional Black Caucus' yearly affair that a lot of press will be at

it's an unambiguously good thing if the clintons have to cut blumenthal loose once and for all anyway

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

are you implying that cnn is reporting facts

did the cnn from the good universe get switched with our lovely one

CNN is so angry that they're accidentally doing good journalism while they're shouting at the guy who made them mad. If we give them a treat and pat their head they may get a positive association!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i just caught a little bit of don lemon and i need a gif of corey lewandowski putting on his malcom x glasses just to talk to corey!!!!!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Baloogan posted:

i am not happy with anything mattering
This would make a great last post for the thread, assuming Hillary wins.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

it's an unambiguously good thing if the clintons have to cut blumenthal loose once and for all anyway

Yea the worst case for the Blumenthal connection is Clinton ditches dead weight with a 'listen I have no connection to his choices, and if he was a part of the origin of this I fully condemn that' kinda statement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
things mattering is a good thing i feel

• Locked thread