Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Did a half-price and got a 3* Lenna. Nice, I needed a good healer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riolith
Dec 24, 2005
The Quiescent
So I had only been playing about a week and decided to try re-rolling for this new banner and got a bit luckier then i had anticipated.

Characters of note for my old account:
Thief x2
Fencer
Kefka (from this event)
Leo
and some Misc "usefull" ranked characters

New account after getting to Siren's Tower (all 3*):
Exdeath
CoD
Cecil
Roselia
Amarant

I know most of those are really good, but are they good enough to outweigh losing the no longer pull-able Thief and Fencer? I have already linked my first account to my real facebook and would have to link my new one to a fake one and have heard a few stories of people getting fake facebook account shut down and losing their game accounts.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Christ, game is legit loving with me. I most definitely swapped to my exploration team before hitting depart, yet here i am with my trust farm team. What, did i hit depart too fast or something? Sure never had any problem getting it right when i switched for earth shrine with its significantly less nrg cost.

Goes to show even if you don't do gachi pulls, gumi's still gonna find some way to screw with you. I swear to god this game.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Happened to me during the Autumn Festival farm. Went in with just my Leo and Chizuru friend. That was fun.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Riolith posted:

So I had only been playing about a week and decided to try re-rolling for this new banner and got a bit luckier then i had anticipated.

Thief x2
Fencer
Kefka (from this event)
Leo

Exdeath
CoD
Cecil
Roselia
Amarant

I know most of those are really good, but are they good enough to outweigh losing the no longer pull-able Thief and Fencer? I have already linked my first account to my real facebook and would have to link my new one to a fake one and have heard a few stories of people getting fake facebook account shut down and losing their game accounts.

Thief and Fencer are both worse AND less future proof than basically every character you now have. I would make that trade in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Riolith posted:

Thief x2
Fencer
Kefka (from this event)
Leo

Exdeath
CoD
Cecil
Roselia
Amarant

It depends why you play, but your new account has three characters who get a 6-star later that makes them godly. Your first account has some characters you'll never be able to pull again. Which do you care more about?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Riolith posted:

Thief x2
Fencer
Kefka (from this event)
Leo

Exdeath
CoD
Cecil
Roselia
Amarant

Second account is easily better. It's not even close.

Riolith
Dec 24, 2005
The Quiescent
Second account it is, thanks for the advice everyone.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I did a few ticket pulls on the current banner and got a 3 * Kefka and a 5 * WoL. I'm pretty happy with that, I hadn't rolled a 5 * before and I really needed a full break user.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I just realized the time period for the next event is only 4 days? Sunday to Wednesday at midnight? Is there even enough time to realistically farm 80 of the cavern ore or whatever?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

I just realized the time period for the next event is only 4 days? Sunday to Wednesday at midnight? Is there even enough time to realistically farm 80 of the cavern ore or whatever?

The ADV map had 8 collection points, so PRO will have at least that many and possibly add a couple more. Based on the last 3 events (Rod/Abyss thing/Cakes) I think you'll be fine to get enough to make one if that's what you spend your energy on. These events have been reasonable unless you're sperging out trying to get everything/multiples of everything IMO.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

reading peoples pulls is the best part of this thread, watching the despair of "UGH MY FOURTH COD" versus the person who has only ever pulled shadow, apparently

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
did anyone pull a bunch on this banner to get a chiz or wol because reading all these posts about getting them after only a few pulls really makes it feel like this game is loving with you if you didn't

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Victis posted:

The ADV map had 8 collection points, so PRO will have at least that many and possibly add a couple more. Based on the last 3 events (Rod/Abyss thing/Cakes) I think you'll be fine to get enough to make one if that's what you spend your energy on. These events have been reasonable unless you're sperging out trying to get everything/multiples of everything IMO.

Well for certain definitions of "reasonable" anyway. Grinding out 80 Demon Hearts was a pretty huge chore even ignoring all the Farplane Soul farming for Void Vessel crafting, but it was definitely doable in the time frame of the event. If it's only 3 days long I assume that the event ore will be from collection points rather than a boss like the Demon Hearts and the two items from the Earth Shrine event.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Someone on GL claiming their friend pulled a Lightning:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/533d4g/speculations_on_next_banner/d7prvvj?context=10000

http://imgur.com/a/JU1Q6

Hm..

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats super easy to dispel or not since if its legit they can put it as their friend unit and friend some randos for proof.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Cry Havoc posted:

did anyone pull a bunch on this banner to get a chiz or wol because reading all these posts about getting them after only a few pulls really makes it feel like this game is loving with you if you didn't

I think the consensus is you'll probably be happy if you're aiming for Lenna/CoD/Kefka and have a lot of rolls to burn

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Amazing how when people make claims like this in gacha games that they never just put it up as a friend unit, as if doing so would mean Gumi could find and verify someone having a unit they shouldn't (when in reality they'd run a DB check for the character's ID to get a list of every account with it if it actually did crop up somehow).

Lightning's probably in the game files already though, which would definitely let a hacker "pull" one though. Brave Frontier had an exploit* where people could make any unit of any type drop for them, including the one-time-only units like Maxwell (it was an old hack) and Pokemon Go had some people who managed to hack legendaries on to their accounts.

* required outside actions, it wasn't a purely in game thing IIRC.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Yeah there was a man-in-the-middle (worked between your client and Gumi's servers) program that would inject characters as battle rewards (like you get Metal Gigantuars now). I messed around with it when I quit BF, injected in unreleased characters with maxed SBBs holding the crazy orbs, got banned after a couple weeks but it was fun.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

reading peoples pulls is the best part of this thread, watching the despair of "UGH MY FOURTH COD" versus the person who has only ever pulled shadow, apparently

I don't think we've had enough from the second group recently so here's my last seven pulls!
- Edgar
- Bedile
- Fran
- Penelo

All but three were gold crystals too. :suicide:

e: whoops quoted the wrong post!

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 17, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

For the event, Brave Exvius wiki is suggesting equipping the charm bangle for the reduced encounters stat. They said it can stack with a second one that's equipped on your friend slot. I guess it's likely that the cavern ore will drop from the nodes, lets pray its more than one per go.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Used some ticket summons today because why not:

4th Sabin
3rd Penelo
6th Clyde
7th Clyde
4th Vivi

But...I mean, my luck HAS to change with the next pull, right?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Scrublord Prime posted:

I don't think we've had enough from the second group recently so here's my last seven pulls!
- Edgar
- Bedile
- Fran
- Penelo

All but three were gold crystals too. :suicide:

i got a gold crystal on half price today and i was like HELL YEAH WOL MAYBE but it was actually garnet, which is fine i guess ignoring all of these lennas. considering we're so far off from content where i might ~need~ wol and i like leo better anyway i actually dont care.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Turns out that GL Lightning pull image was a Photoshop.

E: Got a gold crystal on my daily half pull. Maria!

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

I added CoD on my 1/2 price pull, then Kefka and some other assorted characters on about 6 more ticket pulls. Based on the exviuswiki unit rankings I have a #1 unit in all categories except physical attacker, where CoD is a #2.

Magic team: Exdeath, Kefka, Tellah, Terra, Lenna (Kuja)
Physical team: CoD, Leo, Locke, Vaan, Lenna

And of course any hybrid mix of the two. Hooray for flexibility! I'm glad I have a second Locke ready to TM grind, so both he and CoD can use a Rising Sun.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Half price pull today was a gold crystal - 4 star Russel. Oh well.

Spent a ticket and got a COD which is the only 3 star in the banner I didn't have yet. Pretty happy with that.

Should I even bother to pull anymore? I'd love a cheeto or WoL but seems pretty rare.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the odds of pulling a base 4* are pretty loving low all the time. i think basically pick whichever rare unit you want and go bananas on their banner, because its otherwise just a bunch of really unlikely events

edit: i got the only base 4* unit i've ever pulled today. so.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Sep 17, 2016

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Half off summon was a second Lenna.
Alas. Nothing too exciting here since I already have Lenna/CoD/WoL, so I'm not too concerned.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Man nothing but trash on the six pulls off this banner. I'm ready to give up on getting a full break guy and just stick with Leo for a while since I like his goofy lightning shoulder pads and he's got some decently high Atk. On the plus side I did manage to get my exdeath awakened to 5 stars so now I'm packing 3 5 star guys between him Leo and cheese. Thinking Bartz should be my next upgrade to 5 so I can rock 2 barrage units and get everything ready for when they can eventually go 6 star.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
did 2 ticket pulls.

3* Kefka aww yeah

4*....Lani

Roller coaster

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
Got a 4* Kefka to replace my newly acquired 3* Kefka. I like this event.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
1/2 price - 3* CoD

I now have every character on the banner :)

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just put Locke back up and cleaned 20 pubbies off my list, so hit me up at 103,135, 071

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer
And today's half price pull: Lenna! I nearly have a complete good team, hoping to get a full break person then I can grind some stars.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm almost done with my WoL from the banner. Should I put him up, leave my Exdeath up, or put up one of my Kefkas?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
6 pulls on the banner and 3 (more) Kefkas.

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.

Shark Tower posted:

Waiting on someone to report pulling 7 lennas to complete the trifecta.

I pulled my 7th Lenna for my 1/2 price pull.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Got my Exdeath to 300+ MAG (309 to be exact) today, pretty cool.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm almost done with my WoL from the banner. Should I put him up, leave my Exdeath up, or put up one of my Kefkas?

WoL. There's a ton of damage-dealers among my friends and only a handful of full breakers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
half pulls

heres the half pulls

• Locked thread