Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

I thought we already knew that Charles would be out this week? He can take as long as he needs, Ware is tearing it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Garbage take of the day: Chris Hogan May Be The Next Great Patriots’ Receiver. "Patriots clearly have such a talented supporting cast that it almost makes it difficult for Garoppolo to lose," writes FantasyPros correspondent Tony S. More facts follow. "One of the members of that cast is newly acquired wide receiver, Chris Hogan".

He continues, panting heavily now. "Hogan caught three receptions for 60 yards and scored a touchdown. He clearly has the makings of a potentially great player". The excitement increases. "Patriots’ head coach Bill Belichick immediately recognized his talent and snatched him off the free agent market without hesitation." Immediately, snatched, and without hesitation: his words are breathless with anticipation.

He culminates, spilling his hot, hot takes all over the keyboard.

"Hogan could easily

become the next

Julian Edelman."

The comment section is empty.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks. Hurns and Henry are on my waiver wire and I'm flipping between who to try to pick up when they clear on Sunday. Thought Hurns but might lean towards Henry for the long term gain.

Hurns should be owned in most leagues, and I like him quite a bit better than Henry. Even when he has his inevitable regression from strong WR2 last year, he should still be a solid WR3 at worst.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Are the Pats required to update an injury report on Gronk by any time today? I need to put in a waiver bid before tomorrow if I'm going to get a backup, but because he's currently Q and not OUT I can't move him to IR in order to grab a replacement.

It's looking like I can either drop Funchess to grab a replacement TE now or wait and see if Gronk sits out and be stuck with someone from Monday night's game, either Celek or Miller.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I tried PMing you the exact team and player to target, but Mr. Popularity has a full inbox

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Teeter posted:

Are the Pats required to update an injury report on Gronk by any time today? I need to put in a waiver bid before tomorrow if I'm going to get a backup, but because he's currently Q and not OUT I can't move him to IR in order to grab a replacement.

It's looking like I can either drop Funchess to grab a replacement TE now or wait and see if Gronk sits out and be stuck with someone from Monday night's game, either Celek or Miller.

Dump Funchess, you are not losing anything by doing so. If you wind up not needing another TE, you can dump your just-grabbed TE for whoever this thread is drooling over on Tuesday.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Rotoworld posted:

Bills coach Rex Ryan said he wants the offense to throw more under new OC Anthony Lynn.
"I want to be multiple. I want to be able to throw the football," Ryan said. "I want to be multiple in the running game, but I also want to be able to use the entire arsenal. The quick game, the intermediate game, and the deep passing game." Ryan can want as much as he likes, but the Bills simply do not have the weapons to be a consistent force through the air. Still, this proclamation could be good news for Tyrod Taylor, who had a much better stat line than performance Thursday night against the Jets.
Oh man everyone get excited about Sammy Watkins! I mean, the new OC Anthony Lynn has only been a running backs coach since 2003, so OBVIOUSLY he's going to draw up some great passing game plans.

There is no light at the end of this tunnel. All Bills player will be sucked into the void.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gillislee hype train at full steam

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

in before teemu hates everyone.

efb

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Who actually makes the play calls, the OC or the head coach? I always see the head coach holding the playbook and poo poo on the sidelines so I thought the OC just sort of assisted or recommended plays? Or is it different for every team?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Different for every team.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Who actually makes the play calls, the OC or the head coach? I always see the head coach holding the playbook and poo poo on the sidelines so I thought the OC just sort of assisted or recommended plays? Or is it different for every team?
It's different for every team, depending on the styles of the HC. Mike McCarthy loved to call their offensive plays until that blew up in his face. Sean Payton is heavily involved in his offense too. On the other hand, a guy like Bill Belichick will tinker more with the defensive end and let his OC Josh McDaniels handle the offense.

With the Bills, Rex has ALWAYS been a defense-first type, so I would bet heavily that Greg Roman was the biggest factor in their offensive planning before his scapegoating. Rex Ryan literally knows nothing about the offensive side of football. Remember when he would tinker with wildcat bullshit with the Jets and it was laughable every time? If he's making offensive playcalls, that might be even worse than the new guy!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Rex Ryan literally knows nothing about the offensive side of football.

I believe you, but I also don't understand how any team owner or GM could ever tolerate this kind of situation. How can you possibly hire a head coach that doesn't understand both sides of the game of football? (Or, ok, all three, if you count special teams as separate.)

I guess the answer is "this is a big part of why the Bills suck." :shrug:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Leperflesh posted:

I believe you, but I also don't understand how any team owner or GM could ever tolerate this kind of situation. How can you possibly hire a head coach that doesn't understand both sides of the game of football? (Or, ok, all three, if you count special teams as separate.)

I guess the answer is "this is a big part of why the Bills suck." :shrug:

They can still be a good head coach running one side of the game. Rex is overrated as a defense guy and a terrible offense guy that had a good OC that he sacrificed to keep his position as GM and HC. Zimmer in Minnesota is a solid coach that runs his defense, Chip Kelley loves to run an offense just don't let him GM, Kubiak runs his offense and leaves his defense to the coordinator. Basically it all depends on the coach not being a moron and having decent assistants.

edit: I'm like 90% sure this is how these coaches operate. Please don't burn me like a steak.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 17, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

That's a complicated question.

Actually somebody just post BillsFansButtfingering dot jpeg, that seems like a concise enough summary of how football works in Buffalo.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

in before teemu hates everyone.

efb

let the hate flow through you

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Chip Kelley sucks at offense.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

They can still be a good head coach running one side of the game. Rex is overrated as a defense guy and a terrible offense guy that had a good OC that he sacrificed to keep his position as GM and HC. Zimmer in Minnesota is a solid coach that runs his defense, Chip Kelley loves to run an offense just don't let him GM, Kubiak runs his offense and leaves his defense to the coordinator. Basically it all depends on the coach not being a moron and having decent assistants.
Basically this. Rex Ryan also has the bonus of being a fiery, passionate coach who gets his players to buy in to what he's doing and tries to get them psyched up for every game (this has also led to many dumb in-game mistakes and penalties). He's just too loyal to bad assistants. loving Mike Tannenbaum was running his offense with the Jets and this year, he brings in his own brother Rob to help with the defense, even though Rob Ryan's defenses have been disastrous lately. Anthony Lynn is another guy who has been with Rex forever. He is one of Rex's boys. He's probably a good running backs coach and was even interviewing for head coaching jobs before this season but I just cannot see this ending well at all.

The Bills are just a loving mess though. Rex replaced Doug Marrone, who was a disaster himself, and the GM Doug Whaley, who took EJ Manuel in the first round, is still there making decisions and will likely get canned this year too.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Need some input on a trade offer. 12 team PPR league, I offered Gio and DeVante Parker for Snead and Crowell and have been countered with Gio/Sanders for Snead/Crowell. Thoughts?

Current roster:

Palmer
OBJ
Landry
Ingram
Woodhead
Dwayne Allen
Cobb

Bench is Gio, Blount, CMike, Sanders, Parker.

Basically it comes down to whether this talk about feeding Crowell is legit. It feels a little early to dump Gio so I'm not sure which direction to go. If I accept this then I'll probably look to trade Cobb for an RB2.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I've spent too much time staring at the waiver wire this week. Should I snag Tyrell Williams or Tajae Sharp, in exchange for dropping Torrey Smith or Isiah Crowell? Standard ESPN (0 PPR)

If it helps, my lineup is:
RB
Todd Gurley
Latavius Murray
Spencer Ware
Jamaal Charles
Matt Jones
Isiah Crowell

WR
Allen Robinson
Jordan Matthews
TY Hilton
Torrey Smith
Willie Snead

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Arcturas posted:

I've spent too much time staring at the waiver wire this week. Should I snag Tyrell Williams or Tajae Sharp, in exchange for dropping Torrey Smith or Isiah Crowell? Standard ESPN (0 PPR)

If it helps, my lineup is:
RB
Todd Gurley
Latavius Murray
Spencer Ware
Jamaal Charles
Matt Jones
Isiah Crowell

WR
Allen Robinson
Jordan Matthews
TY Hilton
Torrey Smith
Willie Snead

Drop Smith for either - not sure which is a better bet at this point. Don't drop Crowell yet - Hue is talking about getting him more carries..

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Drop Smith for either - not sure which is a better bet at this point. Don't drop Crowell yet - Hue is talking about getting him more carries..

Thanks. That's roughly what I was thinking. I like Williams slightly more than Sharp, but I like the Chargers generally.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
I'm in a 0.5 PPR league with only 5 bench spots. Starting RBs are David Johnson and Spencer Ware and my bench is Jonathan Stewart, Arian Foster, Jordan Matthews, Frank Gore, and Corey Coleman. Would you drop any of them for Charles Sims? I'd rather have Sims than Coleman but with 3/5 bench spots being RBs makes me lean towards standing pat

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

Rob Ryan's defenses have been disastrous lately.

Rob Ryan defenses by DVOA:

2004 Raiders - 26th
2005 Raiders - 20th
2006 Raiders - 8th
2007 Raiders - 22nd
2008 Raiders - 19th
2009 Browns - 30th
2010 Browns - 18th
2011 Cowboys - 16th
2012 Cowboys - 23rd
2013 Saints - 9th
2014 Saints - 13th
2015 Saints - 29th

More like the Saints were a fluke and he's always been bad.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Arcturas posted:

Thanks. That's roughly what I was thinking. I like Williams slightly more than Sharp, but I like the Chargers generally.

Sharpe is the better bet.

quote:

I'm in a 0.5 PPR league with only 5 bench spots. Starting RBs are David Johnson and Spencer Ware and my bench is Jonathan Stewart, Arian Foster, Jordan Matthews, Frank Gore, and Corey Coleman. Would you drop any of them for Charles Sims? I'd rather have Sims than Coleman but with 3/5 bench spots being RBs makes me lean towards standing pa

I feel like the move for you involves moving Ware to the Charles owner for a small bump at WR if you can. Ware will just tie up another spot on your bench ones Charles is back. Hopefully Charles will be out week 3 as well and the Charles owner will be more inclined to give you good value.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Need some input on a trade offer. 12 team PPR league, I offered Gio and DeVante Parker for Snead and Crowell and have been countered with Gio/Sanders for Snead/Crowell. Thoughts?

Current roster:

Palmer
OBJ
Landry
Ingram
Woodhead
Dwayne Allen
Cobb

Bench is Gio, Blount, CMike, Sanders, Parker.

Basically it comes down to whether this talk about feeding Crowell is legit. It feels a little early to dump Gio so I'm not sure which direction to go. If I accept this then I'll probably look to trade Cobb for an RB2.
Honestly this situation is like a brain teaser I can't quite figure out. I like making a play for Snead/Crowell as Snead is the best player in the deal even if it's Gio/Sanders you're giving up. Not that you're hurting at WR right now, but he honestly could be a high-end WR2 going forward potentially on par with any of your options after OBJ. Crowell I'm less excited about. Your RB depth after your starters then becomes C-Mike (who is largely a hold until Rawls hurts his ankle again), and two game script/TD-dependent backs in Blount and Crowell. I don't believe Hue is lying when he says he wants to feed Crowell as I do believe he is the basis for their run game currently but I don't think that will lead to 20 touch games for him. The Browns are still going to have a lot of negative game scripts that don't favor using Crowell. Could be rough to predict his good games even if he's solid depth on the bench.

I like the idea of moving Cobb for an RB2 if you make this trade though. Cobb's reputation could net you a solid return if you can find the right match with another owner. You can probably find another WR3 off the wire mid-season so bolstering your RB depth using Cobb could work out well.

I like the thinking behind your moves but given the players involved, I can't offer a definitive opinion as to which will wind up benefiting you the most considering the chaotic nature of this game. But from your write-up, I'd say you have a good feel for your team, what your needs are, and how to extract value from outside of your roster. I guess the best advice is just to trust your instincts.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Honestly this situation is like a brain teaser I can't quite figure out. I like making a play for Snead/Crowell as Snead is the best player in the deal even if it's Gio/Sanders you're giving up. Not that you're hurting at WR right now, but he honestly could be a high-end WR2 going forward potentially on par with any of your options after OBJ. Crowell I'm less excited about. Your RB depth after your starters then becomes C-Mike (who is largely a hold until Rawls hurts his ankle again), and two game script/TD-dependent backs in Blount and Crowell. I don't believe Hue is lying when he says he wants to feed Crowell as I do believe he is the basis for their run game currently but I don't think that will lead to 20 touch games for him. The Browns are still going to have a lot of negative game scripts that don't favor using Crowell. Could be rough to predict his good games even if he's solid depth on the bench.

I like the idea of moving Cobb for an RB2 if you make this trade though. Cobb's reputation could net you a solid return if you can find the right match with another owner. You can probably find another WR3 off the wire mid-season so bolstering your RB depth using Cobb could work out well.

I like the thinking behind your moves but given the players involved, I can't offer a definitive opinion as to which will wind up benefiting you the most considering the chaotic nature of this game. But from your write-up, I'd say you have a good feel for your team, what your needs are, and how to extract value from outside of your roster. I guess the best advice is just to trust your instincts.

Thanks - this is pretty much where I'm at too. Maybe I'll explore a Cobb deal first before committing to anything, because my RB depth would really have me concerned.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Forever_Peace posted:

I feel like the move for you involves moving Ware to the Charles owner for a small bump at WR if you can. Ware will just tie up another spot on your bench ones Charles is back. Hopefully Charles will be out week 3 as well and the Charles owner will be more inclined to give you good value.

This is essentially what I've been planning to do for a WR upgrade, as the Charles owner is playing me this week. Am I right in thinking that I should essentially be looking to package Ware with one of my WR for an upgrade? The assumption being that with Charles back / soon to be back, Ware will have significantly reduced value.

My biggest issue is I don't really know enough about WRs to figure out the right value for the trade -- it's a 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex league, and when they're not on byes, an RB would be taking the flex. I've got: Maclin, Sanu, Lockett, Wallace, and Williams. He's got Marshall, Landry, Diggs, Garcon, and Boldin.

If the player I'm trading for doesn't upgrade one of my T2 WRs, it's not really worth doing, as I'd just be playing 2 per week. I'd been thinking about trying to package him with Lockett or Wallace for Landry, but it's a 0 PPR league so I'm not even sure if that would be worth it. Thoughts?

My other option (in addition?) would be to target Dez, assuming he underperforms again this weekend. I'm assuming I'll win and the Dez owner will lose; if the theory is that Dez will suck until Romo comes back because Dak doesn't have the arm, I can (probably) wait for a quality WR improvement until then, and his team is really bad if Dez is not performing. My WR core is not very good or deep.

I guess my last option would be to try to trade one of Elliott/CJA/Bell, but that seems like it might not be worth it, as I'd need back a decent RB2 and a significant WR upgrade. Not even sure who I'd target.

Thoughts? I feel like actively trying to trade is probably the right thing, especially after losing Allen, but I'm not sure what to target, and what to be willing to part with. (I've also got Rivers for QB which could be upgraded -- I could push for a swap with Ben to try to offset AB when I play the team with him..; running Panthers D, walker as TE, and McManus as my K.

Guy with Snead has him benched -- I could try to trade one of my top RBs for Snead + one of Langford / Rashad?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Forever_Peace posted:

The Charles owner's receivers are Brandon Marshall, Demaryius Thomas, and Julian Edelman. My receivers at Alshon Jeffrey, TY Hilton, and Jeremy Maclin. What do you think a fair offer would be then?

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Has anyone traded Devonta Freeman? And if so what did you get in return?

Sincerely,

A panicked week one owner.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Has anyone traded Devonta Freeman? And if so what did you get in return?

Sincerely,

A panicked week one owner.

i traded him and agholor for cobb. ppr, start up to 3rb 4wr

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Dynasty league trade (not mine):

Manager A gives:
Jamaal Charles
Emmanuel Sanders
2017 3rd

Manager B gives:
Jameis Winston
Carson Palmer
2017 2nd

.75 ppr for RBs, .5 ppr for WR

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

MacheteZombie posted:

Dynasty league trade (not mine):

Manager A gives:
Jamaal Charles
Emmanuel Sanders
2017 3rd

Manager B gives:
Jameis Winston
Carson Palmer
2017 2nd

.75 ppr for RBs, .5 ppr for WR

Is it a 2 QB League? That seems like a pretty dumb move by Manager A.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Not a 2 qb league. Yeah I thought it was a bit onsided.

He had talked to me about Carr, wish I had negotiated that more/better. Could have used Charles since I have Ware, haha.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

Tried getting CJA to no avail. Considering offering Cobb for Rawls since I own CMike. Thoughts?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The third most read article on my site for week two is the Jared Cook start/sit piece.

Whyyyyyy do people own Jared Cook

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Jermichael Finley residual hype, the same thing still happens with Eagles TEs because Brent Celek caught 70+ passes 8 loving years ago

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Spoeank posted:

The third most read article on my site for week two is the Jared Cook start/sit piece.

Whyyyyyy do people own Jared Cook

Give the people (idiots) what they want!

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Gobias Ind. posted:

Tried getting CJA to no avail. Considering offering Cobb for Rawls since I own CMike. Thoughts?
I like the Rawls idea. Week 1 was a shitshow for the Seattle offense (except Doug Baldwin) but that's still going to be one of the best rushing offenses in the league. I think having both Rawls/C-Mike is like a poor man's version of having a Le'Veon Bell/DeAngelo Williams combo. They'll start feeding Rawls the ball as soon as they're sure he can handle it; he only played 22 snaps but touched the ball 15 times in week 1. So I think having both basically secures a constant RB2 value for your team.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Sep 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

MrSargent posted:

Give the people (idiots) what they want!

Jokes on them! It's a thinly veiled "Why did you think Jared Cook was going to be any good you idiot" piece

http://theinscribermag.com/sports/fantasy-football-start-or-sit-jared-cook-in-week-2.html

• Locked thread