Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Did nobody watch this week's episode?

I thought it was pretty amazing. The "Cruz Insults" fishbowl was gold.

Also, after watching Last Week Tonight, I'm finding Sam's delivery to be much better. Emote, John Oliver! You can show some emotion!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

az
Dec 2, 2005

Mars4523 posted:

Emote, John Oliver! You can show some emotion!

I think you may be expecting a bit much from the english.

Though this weeks ep on the brexit should have him proper well steaming.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
John Oliver is angry all the time. It's just that his way of expressing anger is a "Can you believe it?!" whereas Sam's is "gently caress YOU!"

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I like when they air for that reason. Oliver is on Sunday, when I'm relaxed so I can go "I learned something today!" Then Bee is on Monday after a lovely day of work so I can join her in screaming gently caress THE WORLD.

Its cathartic.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Holy poo poo, her piece on Brexit was amazing. And quite the special guest, too!

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Oh god, Sam B's "Hold on to your butts Cleveland" segment was so good.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Bonus doco-episode this Wednesday! Full Frontal is going Full Throttle!! :sotw:

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
I bought this as a season from iTunes. Wonder if I get the bonus doc too :ohdear:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Sam's road trip from what I've seen on youtube is pretty good, I don't know how much it's cutting from the TV show though.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jul 21, 2016

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I could do without the dodgy bus "sketches". I'm assuming and hoping that's what they cut out of the clips.

But man, interviews with casual Trump supporters are literally terrifying. It's easy to write off the super passionate loons who hold signs at rallies, but the people just in their own element, living and working and casually hating their own gender? That poo poo is chilling.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
The segment with the two delegates was spectacular.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

dude789 posted:

The segment with the two delegates was spectacular.

"And what is this child saying to you? Why did you bring me a symbolic glass globe instead of some food?"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Well, I'll say one thing: I did not expect the absolute slam-dunk that was the Latinos for Trump fella. Whoo boy.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

END ME SCOOB posted:

Well, I'll say one thing: I did not expect the absolute slam-dunk that was the Latinos for Trump fella. Whoo boy.

I could smell his desperation through the screen.

If this guy wasn't such a scammer rear end in a top hat then I would feel a little bad for him.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
Same type of scummy rear end in a top hat ripped off my grandmother with Alzheimer's with phony mortgage adjustment advice/paperwork. I can't even begin to imagine what type of hosed up poo poo you have going on in your head to think something like that is an okay way to make a living.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I register voters on college campuses and we require their social security numbers to get them registered.

I'm called a scammer several times a day, all because of actual asshats being poo poo.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Narcissus1916 posted:

I register voters on college campuses and we require their social security numbers to get them registered.

I'm called a scammer several times a day, all because of actual asshats being poo poo.

I happen to have a voter registration form right here (recent change of address) and nowhere on it does it require a social, so why do you want one?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
They're a filthy scammer that's why

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Filthy scammer!

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Narcissus1916 posted:

Is it because they don't have a drivers license? Why would you require their SSN? I would never give out mine to some random person on the sidewalk.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The Florida form asks for your DL number, FL ID number, last 4 of Social, or you can check a box that says you have none of those.

Any form asking for your full Social is bullshit.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Jesus Christ. That Latinos for Trump vendido went from funny to darkly sad real quick. What a scam artist.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Virginia.

https://elections.virginia.gov/Files/Forms/VoterForms/VoterRegistrationApplication.pdf

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Virginia is for Scammers, I guess.

There's no way in hell I'd fill out that registration form and hand it to some dude on the street.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I've done Voter Registration in four states. The system is wholly hosed in new and exciting ways each time.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's the web exclusive 2nd part to Bee's article on Roger Ailes in case anyone forgot to look it up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnNFdfzXsns

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

I already liked this show an extra bit thanks to its Doctor Who reference joke some episodes back, but that reference to Stranger Things in this one made my adoration of Full Frontal skyrocket. "Send [Donald Trump] back to the Upside Down," should be a bumper sticker.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Consistently appalled by the lack of attention this show gets. (Especially when I'm trying to figure out WHEN it's even on - the scheduling has been my biggest problem with the show.)

Regardless of her ardent pro-Hillary bent, you have to admit that of all the political comedy shows, Sam's just has the best gags. Plus that part where the woman asked the Trump supporter "what IS his plan?" and her eyes rolled into the back of her skull and she froze like a computer encountering an error for like a full twenty seconds.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

VagueRant posted:

Consistently appalled by the lack of attention this show gets. (Especially when I'm trying to figure out WHEN it's even on - the scheduling has been my biggest problem with the show.)

Regardless of her ardent pro-Hillary bent, you have to admit that of all the political comedy shows, Sam's just has the best gags. Plus that part where the woman asked the Trump supporter "what IS his plan?" and her eyes rolled into the back of her skull and she froze like a computer encountering an error for like a full twenty seconds.

Hmm fitting username. I agree, the way I see it is that the old Jon Stewart Daily Show got broken up with each of his heirs taking one important part with them. If Oliver got ownership of the heartfelt angry segments Sam absolutely took the fantastic correspondent/man on the street facing insanity stuff with her.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

VagueRant posted:

Plus that part where the woman asked the Trump supporter "what IS his plan?" and her eyes rolled into the back of her skull and she froze like a computer encountering an error for like a full twenty seconds.

I thought this was hyperbole because I hadn't seen the episode.

Never been happier to be wrong. :allears:

JUICY HAMBUGAR
Nov 10, 2010

Eating, America's pastime.
A really great extra bit with the Trump supporting woman from the bar:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sji_DgokDoY

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That '90s footage of Alicia Machado was sobering.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That '90s footage of Alicia Machado was sobering.

God, no kidding. That's exhibits A-F of Why Fat-Shaming Is Bad.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

VagueRant posted:

For real, wasn't she very explicit about the wednesday airing being just for that first debate?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

IRQ posted:

For real, wasn't she very explicit about the wednesday airing being just for that first debate?

No she mentioned last week that it will also be wednesday this week

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I meant more the random weeks (months?) off.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

That's nothing new for a late night program though.

With DVRs, the internet, show tracking apps, on screen guides, on demand, and YouTube; complaints about not being able to follow shows ring a bit hollow.

Try going back 25 years and tracking when a first run syndicated show is on and new if you want real frustration.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Did this show air tonight?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bass Bottles posted:

Did this show air tonight?

Yeah, all the youtube stuff is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigasus
Dec 26, 2009

Too fat to wear pink.

Her slam on Paul Ryan was amazing. Also, the time spent on Trump trying to trot out Bill's dirt describes why it doesn't work perfectly.

• Locked thread