Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Preparing essentially means it's shipped already but it's in China.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Feenix posted:

My wife's went from Monday to today but hit an issue and is stuck in Louisville and says tomorrow which is minorly blowful since I can't guarantee where I'll be tomorrow...

Mine got into my area's local hub an hour ago, so I should know soon if I'm getting it today or a delay until Monday.

Not a big deal really, I needed it for October 14th but I'm well ahead of that.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Aphrodite posted:

Mine got into my area's local hub an hour ago, so I should know soon if I'm getting it today or a delay until Monday.

Not a big deal really, I needed it for October 14th but I'm well ahead of that.

Yeah. No mine explicitly says it's not coming until tomorrow and that it's delayed.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

UPS doesn't do Saturday delivery in Canada unless you pay for it specifically.

And I'm having it sent to my work anyway so that's a good thing.

Edit: Apple hosed up with customs.

quote:

We currently have the package. The receiver requested clearance by a non-UPS broker. / As requested, the package was transferred to a Free Trade Zone or a non-UPS broker.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 16, 2016

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

What was your delivery window? Mine is 4 Oct - 11 Oct and it's still processing with no movement. :canada:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mine was today.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
They didn't reserve watches in line, only phones. Staff came out and asked people one by one who wanted a watch and compared against inventory. Said I was golden. Guy ahead of me decided last minute to get a watch and got mine. Bummed, but at least got my wife a new phone so brownie points were earned.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Apple still won't let me put in a reserve for a 7+ because of Verizon.

I'm paying FULL PRICE and HAVE A LINE UPGRADE. Why does Verizon even need to be involved at this point? Why not just let me buy the stupid thing and work out the bullshit with the carrier on my own?

I'm going to wait one more day to see if they'll let me do it (the expiration is technically tomorrow). If not, I'll have to go through Verizon, which is a family plan which is why I want it off the bill if possible. If the delivery isn't before my trip, I'll just get a loving 6S and be done with it.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Did any Apple stores even get any Jet Black models for display? I just dropped by the Soho store to check out the Matte Black vs. Jet Black difference in person, and they didn't have any Jet Blacks on display. I'm willing to go check out one of the other fifty Apple stores in the city, unless they put out a blanket "WE DON'T HAVE ANY JET BLACK, EVEN ON DISPLAY" notice.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
On the same vein, do they have display models of the 7+ up at the stores? I got nothing going on this afternoon after my doctor appointment and thought i might stop by and see what my matte black 7+ will look like when it arrives next week

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011
Here (The Netherlands), they had loads of jet blacks on display. It's really ridiculously pretty. It feels like a space material because it's superslick but still aluminium. I got a matte one but am kinda regretting it. Like Gruber said, I expect that small scratches over time will make it look better.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

On the same vein, do they have display models of the 7+ up at the stores? I got nothing going on this afternoon after my doctor appointment and thought i might stop by and see what my matte black 7+ will look like when it arrives next week

Yeah, they had plenty of 7+ on display. And I was kind of surprised that none of them were tethered to the table in any way. Sure they had lots of security walking around, but with everyone playing with the phones and comparing them to their own phones, I could easily see people trying to pocket the new ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LPG Giant posted:

Here (The Netherlands), they had loads of jet blacks on display. It's really ridiculously pretty. It feels like a space material because it's superslick but still aluminium. I got a matte one but am kinda regretting it. Like Gruber said, I expect that small scratches over time will make it look better.

If you even think about a scratch forming on a Jet Black iPhone, it will cause a scratch.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I really don't want to wait for someone to say their Jet Black phone will look gorgeous with scratches later in its life because their leather case aged so well.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

OldSenileGuy posted:

Yeah, they had plenty of 7+ on display. And I was kind of surprised that none of them were tethered to the table in any way. Sure they had lots of security walking around, but with everyone playing with the phones and comparing them to their own phones, I could easily see people trying to pocket the new ones.

Yeah but they'd be all apple locked and useless.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It came in. It was a UPS system glitch, according to their Twitter.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Congrats, man! I'm about to take a nap and hope that my order finally moves from Processing to Preparing for Shipment just so I can finally put an end to this horrible saga of my life.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
I have received my 7+. It won't activate for poo poo, I'm assuming it's cause everyone else that got theirs is activating and slamming the servers?

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Nothing Apple internet wise is working well. Even Apple Music seems like the servers are on fire.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Happy new iPhone day.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Last week I tried to preorder my 7+ with my carrier (TELUS) over the phone so I could charge it to my bill (gives me a month to find a buyer for my 6+). They wouldn't let me and told me to call back today to just order one when they're available. When I called back they said they were out of stock and backordering wasn't an option :argh:

Luckily I'm selling an old laptop this weekend so I'll probably just order one from their site when it comes time. I'm not really in a rush, just want to get it ordered so I don't have to wait until stock is an issue anymore (also I only have until oct 3 before the somewhat decent loyalty plan they've offered me expires)

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Teh gf got her (not jet) black iPhone 7 from Bell Canada delivered today.

My typical advice of "preorder and you'll get it on release day" still held up, at least for her.

Sucks for all the goons stuck in a queue. I'm interested in playing with it. Seeing how "snappy" it is. Will see when she gets home with it. I can get one for like 300 bucks but I don't see any problems with my 6S and plan on keeping it for another year at least, maybe more. But she was on a 5.

Also for some reason Koodo wouldn't even let me select anything but a 32gb iP7 when I was looking at the prices, they didn't even have anything else listed, what's with that robodex, Koodo is Telus! There seems to be no way for me to get the 7+ of any kind on the tab with Koodo.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Is there a stereotypical time between the status becoming "Preparing for Shipment" and arrival?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CaptainCrunch posted:

Is there a stereotypical time between the status becoming "Preparing for Shipment" and arrival?

No, preparing can last a week or more depending on stock.

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

Got my 7+ and now I'm off to battle the Apple Store crowd to return it and order the correct one this time. Should be fun.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Aphrodite posted:

UPS barely does delivery in Canada even if you pay for it specifically.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

UPS Canada will deliver you a notice on your tracking number that you have to go pick it up in some warehouse on the edge of even our biggest cities and then when you get there you have to wait in line for an hour or two until they find it and then, if the warehouse was even near public transit, it's not running anymore. gently caress UPS. FedEx isn't any better, neither is Purolator.

Thank the lord I have a concierge that'll take deliveries for me these days because dealing with that poo poo for years was loving insane. Have I said gently caress enough? gently caress 'em all.

I know people like to hate on Canada Post, but at least they hold the packages somewhere near you. I mean the worst was I had to walk a few blocks north to another post office because no one at CP knew where my package was so I had to go on a hunt. Certainly not as crazy as going out to where the couriers' warehouses/depots are.

I once had to take a FedEx package when I was living in Kitchener/Waterloo and they refused to attempt delivery again so I had to go to their place which was in an industrial park in Cambridge that was COMPLETELY unserved by public transit, I somehow made it there thanks to a friend but jesus christ man, if not for him what would I have done? Couriers in Canada suck, just like our telecoms.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I love Canada Post but I guess cause I live in a small town eh

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Aphrodite posted:

No, preparing can last a week or more depending on stock.

Fair enough. Thanks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I send stuff to my office, it's easier.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I don't think you can choose. It's the address on the carrier account.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Aphrodite posted:

I send stuff to my office, it's easier.

I do too except the mail often gets picked up before they can put it in our pile so that delays it another day :bahgawd:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

I don't think you can choose. It's the address on the carrier account.

Well I bought mine through Apple, but yeah I saw lots of complaints. People whose carrier address is still their parents, or they're away at school, or things like that.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Apparently some people with October ship dates are getting Preparing for Shipment notices. However, I am not one of those people.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
So does it just sit on Processing until it goes to preparing for shipment? I can't remember from the last time I ordered something. My ship date is like the 23rd I think.

Hoping it shows up in time for the birth of our first child which is scheduled for the 28th. Gotta justify the better cameras after all...

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Yeah, Processing, Preparing for Shipment, Shipped, Delivered.

Preparing for Shipment essentially means it has already shipped though and that it's simply making its way through and out of China. Shipped means it's probably in either Kentucky or Texas.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

LODGE NORTH posted:

Apparently some people with October ship dates are getting Preparing for Shipment notices. However, I am not one of those people.

Fortunately, I am one of these people. Original delivery window was 10/4-10/10 and it just went to preparing for shipment this morning. I had a delivery date of 9/16 when I started the order though, so I was probably among the first to get pushed into the 2-3 week window.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I ordered at 3:23EST (23 minutes after preorders went live) and I'm still processing. Maybe I'll get something later this evening.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

LODGE NORTH posted:

Mine went to PFS like 36 hours ago or so... and my card is fully charged for the tax. (Not pending). However my estimate of 9/27-29 hasn't altered at all. And it's set to 6-8 day shipping (which kinda blows I think, since I ordered at like 12:09).

Hoping I see a status change soon and an update to my shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah my order of a jet black 7+ 256 with a ship date of sept 26 - October 3 went preparing for shipping yesterday.

• Locked thread