Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Instant Grat posted:

Hbomb is the kind of person whose first instinct is "it must be something diegetic and story-related"

That's just precious. If only they had put that much thought into things. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

If it's in the game it doesn't matter if they thought about putting it there or not.

If I get more thought out of a game than the creators put in, I win.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
No fancy update image because my workstation doesn't have photoshop on it, so here

it is an update

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Hi! I hear this is new the thread for complaining about Spec Ops and making bad photoshops :

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I'm not rewatching the previous episode, so what the hell game is Hbomberguy talking about at the beginning?

Lockmat
Oct 2, 2005

Come on, let's go set some prostitutes on fire.
Grimey Drawer
I just love Salsa's little icon at the top of the screen :buddy:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I guess the important thing is that Salsa still wears the hat without the shirt equipped.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Inco posted:

I'm not rewatching the previous episode, so what the hell game is Hbomberguy talking about at the beginning?

Legacy of Kain: Defiance not ending properly because they originally intended to make another one

Hel posted:

Hi! I hear this is new the thread for complaining about Spec Ops and making bad photoshops :

holy poo poo

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

Inco posted:

what the hell is Hbomberguy talking about

even i dont know anymore

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

The next update will be a while longer, as it is "special".

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The secret to an A rank is clearly getting both the monster and Salsa's hat in the same picture.

It amuses me to no end that a C rank photo can get so harsh a response at a merchant and still net more gold than you could get in more than hours of the regular game.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Kibayasu posted:

The secret to an A rank is clearly getting both the monster and Salsa's hat in the same picture.

It amuses me to no end that a C rank photo can get so harsh a response at a merchant and still net more gold than you could get in more than hours of the regular game.

I've been told that photography prices were one of the things that were heavily rebalanced in the PS3 version. I guess they realized it was a bit silly how it worked in the 360 original.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Here's the Pork Lift song I mention in the video btw

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

WE'RE STREAMING ETERNAL SONATA

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Thanks to everyone who tuned in! Later this week I'll clean up the audio so you can actually hear what Hbomb is saying in the middle of the louder fights, and that will be this weeks update.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
If it helps with your movie opinions hBomb, I prefer watching Cinderella 3 to Cinderella 1 (disney) because I find Anastasia's arc to be very satisfying as she begins to have misgivings about her mothers methods and yet is stuck going along with them because she has no way out. She is as much of a victim of Lady Tremaine as Cinderella was, she just didn't get enough focus until Cindy was out of the picture. It also implies interesting things about Tremaine as she doesn't stop being a bully after the woman that ostensibly threatened her escapes, she just switches targets to the second weakest member of the family - she wasn't bullying Cinderella just to put her below her daughters - it may have been the case that she is broken enough that she absolutely needs a victim, no matter who it is.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Here's the live stream from last week, but like... mixed so you can actually hear Hbomb. Another update later this week, probably!

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Yeah, that was me typing in bad Danish.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What was the name of that random dude who kicked Salsa and Frédéric's asses in like update 8?

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!

RareAcumen posted:

What was the name of that random dude who kicked Salsa and Frédéric's asses in like update 8?

Johnny Yong Bosch

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Instant Grat posted:

Here's the live stream from last week, but like... mixed so you can actually hear Hbomb. Another update later this week, probably!
I was under impression that you already had entire game recorded, so how does this livestream fit in? Or am I misremembering, and it's a direct continuation of previous update?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Forgall posted:

I was under impression that you already had entire game recorded, so how does this livestream fit in? Or am I misremembering, and it's a direct continuation of previous update?

We missed an optional boss fight in the lava caves so I played through the entire game again to get back to there and then we streamed it live. This will not be the last time this happens.

I'm waiting for Hbomb to get the next session's commentary audio to me so I can put the next update up from the pre-recorded stuff.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen

Forgall posted:

They played through the whole game last year but missed an optional boss in the lava cave, so that's what this is.

It was worth it for the echo chamber at the end and Grat's reaction to 'Banjo' :allears:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
http://igrat.co/lp/es-30-sample.mp3

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
We're at the end of chapter four now, but we're well past the halfway point. There's only one full day of recordings left - day 5 is, uhm.... "special", and though there is a lot of recorded video from that day, it will be severely edited.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I suppose there are worse fates than being beat up by Johnny Yong Bosch.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

"So Alegretto, what have you been up to for this completely unclear amount of time that we've been separated?"

"Oh, we helped some kid grow a plant and explored a spooky graveyard. You?"

"Defeated a pirate queen and her entire crew, stole her hat, totally watched Freddie play some great piano (you really should have seen it!), held high level meetings with the monarch of another nation, almost became his hired assassins, were tasked to deliver a secret message in his stead, then maybe killed the right hand of Count Waltz in a pitched battle."

"Lunch?"

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
It is kind of lopsided, isn't it

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
I wanted to do some fanart for the LP, so I decided to illustrate Frederic's great piano scene. Here:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
http://igrat.co/lp/es-31-sample.mp3

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I watch Hbomb's videos, I know how much you like to throw or otherwise propel things at his face.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

hotdogsbombguy.gif

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Episode 31. Dawn of the 4th Day

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
From what I remember, the unlock key was 80 Microsoft Points at the time of release, which was roughly $1/€1. So, fairly reasonable all things considered, I guess? Still an odd thing to sell.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Åh nej, svenska gömställen!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Boy, how about that US election, huh? That took it out of me for a couple of days. Here's some low-key chillaxing to get your mind off of that for a bit.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Is it supposed to end on 30 seconds of black screen or is that an editing fuckup?

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Artix posted:

Is it supposed to end on 30 seconds of black screen or is that an editing fuckup?

did you watch all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okua
Oct 30, 2016

I know how Hbomberguy takes his coffee

with plenty of protein

awful attempts at being funny aside, this is a great LP. It's one of the few times I've gone in knowing nothing about the game. I hadn't heard of it before, and I'm avoiding all spoilers now. I want to find out where it goes at the same time as Hbomb and Instant Grat :allears:

• Locked thread