Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

UWBW posted:

So, maybe this isn't a normal post for this thread, but this stuff is called "Red Red". When I was doing a study-abroad in Ghana, I had the opportunity to taste this dish multiple times, and it's AMAZING. It looks like bananas fell on a pile of vomit, but it's incredible. You use the bananas (plantains, actually) to scoop up the beans. It's insanely good, kind of sweet and savory. I'd highly recommend it if you get the chance.
i loving hate banana. But I'll eat pretty much anything with a side of fried plantain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alaois posted:

What's up with you people having conniptions about unmolested hot dog buns

Because a hot dog bun that is not at least steamed is just... Gross. And lazy. Like literally throwing it into the microwave for 20 seconds changes the entire texture and mouthfeel of a hotdog for the better. Every time I've had a hotdog with just a bun out of the bag it's been unpleasant.

Same with burgers. At least toss your bun in a pan for a minute or two to toast it jfc

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I can't stop reading the thread title as cold wet perverty dogs

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Please do not put Bar-S hot dogs inside you.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Tashilicious posted:

Because a hot dog bun that is not at least steamed is just... Gross. And lazy. Like literally throwing it into the microwave for 20 seconds changes the entire texture and mouthfeel of a hotdog for the better. Every time I've had a hotdog with just a bun out of the bag it's been unpleasant.

Same with burgers. At least toss your bun in a pan for a minute or two to toast it jfc

I'm sorry, steamed buns?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mng posted:

I'm sorry, steamed buns?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_hot_dog

Have a steam box
One half is your weiners, other half is buns. Stick 'em in there, serve when some drunk guy comes in at 4 AM wanting roteux and poutine.

E: if you're out in the country, you also often get your fries (if you order fries with your hotdog) packed in with your dog. It's something I haven't seen while in Montreal.

Tashilicious has a new favorite as of 23:24 on Sep 16, 2016

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

mng posted:

I'm sorry, steamed buns?

No, steamed hams.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Tashilicious posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montreal_hot_dog

Have a steam box
One half is your weiners, other half is buns. Stick 'em in there, serve when some drunk guy comes in at 4 AM wanting roteux and poutine.

E: if you're out in the country, you also often get your fries (if you order fries with your hotdog) packed in with your dog. It's something I haven't seen while in Montreal.

Oh my god. I need those right now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alaois posted:

What's up with you people having conniptions about unmolested hot dog buns

Let me tell you how to eat your food. You're going to be shocked, stunned, and have your socks blown off when you realize the answer is 'exactly like how I eat mine.'

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Let me tell you how to eat your food. You're going to be shocked, stunned, and have your socks blown off when you realize the answer is 'exactly like how I eat mine.'

I'm sorry, but this thing that only Real Fuckin Weirdos do is very important to my sense of self, and furthermore

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alaois posted:

I'm sorry, but this thing that only Real Fuckin Weirdos do is very important to my sense of self, and furthermore

So be it then! Swords at dawn, I fight for the honor of the deep dish pizza and ketchup and mustard both on hot dogs!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tashilicious posted:

I can't stop laughing at the words "hotdog mouthfeel." It's so, so goony.

e: no offense

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Sep 17, 2016

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I can't stop laughing at the words "hotdog mouthfeel." It's so, so goony.

e: no offense

A very moist mouthfeel.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Now I need to change my steam name to hotdog mouthfeel.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Picnic Princess posted:

I can't stop reading the thread title as cold wet perverty dogs

I read cold war poverty dogs for a sec.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
I eat my hot dogs in these Milk Brioche Rolls and it is fancy as gently caress. Also tasty.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Crust First posted:

I eat my hot dogs in these Milk Brioche Rolls and it is fancy as gently caress. Also tasty.

Crust first. Hell, yes. *fist bump*

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I always find calling that kind of bread Brioche to be odd, since to me, a brioche is the french term for a cinnamon roll type pastry.

but gaddamn that looks tasty

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Tashilicious posted:

Also what is it with these loving people and not warming their hotdog buns? Not even microwaved by the look at it, much less buttered and grilled. How is that a pleasant texture?

How is fresh bread pleasant? What?

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
A better hot dog question. Are people who cut the bun down through the top rather than across the middle hitler, or mega hitler?

Yes I would like a really oddly short bun that doesn't hinge open very well at all and can't hold any kind of toppings securely, thank you! Maybe you can also cut the hot dog into long strips and wrap them around the outside of the bun while we're just throwing any kind of sense out the window!

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Stop caring about hot dogs so much

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

PCOS Bill posted:

We are clearly talking about buns now though?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The bun is essential to the essence of the hot dog.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Crust First posted:

A better hot dog question. Are people who cut the bun down through the top rather than across the middle hitler, or mega hitler?

Yes I would like a really oddly short bun that doesn't hinge open very well at all and can't hold any kind of toppings securely, thank you! Maybe you can also cut the hot dog into long strips and wrap them around the outside of the bun while we're just throwing any kind of sense out the window!

Do you mean New England style hot dog buns?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I eat my hamburgers in hot dog buns and my hot dogs covered in breading and then fried.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

Brawnfire posted:

Possibly! I've never been to New England but in Old England I've found the top down cut style to be disturbingly present. Along with hot dogs in brine filled glass jars, or cans.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brawnfire posted:

I miss these so much. Grilled flat side buns are sooo much better than round buns.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

PCOS Bill posted:

Shut up, grown ups are talking.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Need more dog pics for dog talk

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAqAUZFFU5M

quote:

This fish meatloaf is Swedish in every sense of the word, from the herring(actual Swedish fish) to the Swedish fish candies to the Swedish Fish Oreos the Internet loves to hate on!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Sorry that you don't 'get' cooking

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Need more dog pics for dog talk

rip Adam Jimmy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4X59mlFEkU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

I thought hot dogs with fruit loops was a Cleveland thing (still wouldn't)

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/04/yes_its_true_clevelanders_eat.html

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Roger Craig posted:

I thought hot dogs with fruit loops was a Cleveland thing (still wouldn't)

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/04/yes_its_true_clevelanders_eat.html

This is one of those "sure we eat rotten fish around here all the time c'mon foreigner have a bite" things, isn't it?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cleveland sounds like a hellhole.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Can there at least be pizza guidelines?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

How about some pizza regulations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

No, If it's a flattish thing with stuff it's a pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How about pizza best standards and practices?