Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

What's a tryhard?

Its me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Countblanc posted:

What's a tryhard?

Somebody who wins at a game against you.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gammatron 64 posted:

Today I learned that wifi battle spot \ VGC rules are about as fun as getting kicked in the nuts and playing OU on Pokemon showdown is way more fun.

actually, 3v3 is good

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'm trying very hard to not laugh at that bad post!!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Theta Zero posted:

So a population of zero? Bam.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sharrrk posted:

i'm trying very hard to not laugh at that bad post!!

I don't see any bad posts on this page though???????

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Tryhards are the guys whose team is the same 6 pokemon everyone else uses because they are objectively the best. Its super boring. I'm all for competition and it has its place but I couldn't stand playing that way at least. I'd rather do something original and lose than masturbate to my sick mega-kangaskhan w/l ratio. I guess its like a Type A or Type B personality thing.

Like if you want to make a team and your thought process is to google "best pokemon 2016" instead of "who is cool and my dude" then you are a tryhard imo. And boring.

Theta Zero posted:

Also this.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Today I learned that wifi battle spot \ VGC rules are about as fun as getting kicked in the nuts and playing OU on Pokemon showdown is way more fun.

Congrats

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

Tryhards are the guys whose team is the same 6 pokemon everyone else uses because they are objectively the best. Its super boring. I'm all for competition and it has its place but I couldn't stand playing that way at least. I'd rather do something original and lose than masturbate to my sick mega-kangaskhan w/l ratio. I guess its like a Type A or Type B personality thing.

Like if you want to make a team and your thought process is to google "best pokemon 2016" instead of "who is cool and my dude" then you are a tryhard imo. And boring.

Also this.

there's like 60 ou pokemon and perfectly legitimate teams use at least 1 pokemon from uu and below because they fit a certain niche

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

"I've got a Psyduck doctor/he knows I'm not insane" fits the rhyme scheme better

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Space T Rex posted:

Looks like someone keeps losing to Top VGC players.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Timmy, Johnny, and Spike

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What if your favorite Pokemon happen to be good? Tyranitar, Metagross, Venusaur, Chestnaught, Skarmory, Gliscor, Heatran, Empoleon, and Terrakion are my friends.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RC Cola posted:

What if your favorite Pokemon happen to be good? Tyranitar, Metagross, Venusaur, Chestnaught, Skarmory, Gliscor, Heatran, Empoleon, and Terrakion are my friends.

Then you have won the good taste lottery, friend.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Garchomp climbed up the list of my favorites because of its sick w/l record in battle spot singles

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

cheetah7071 posted:

Garchomp climbed up the list of my favorites because of its sick w/l record in battle spot singles

Dragon types are the worst

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

i do not judge pokemon based on type

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

If I like a pokemon, I like it better when it proves itself good at winning, but being v. strong is not enough to get me to like it in the first place.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i dont think i have a least favorite type

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Flying isnt that exciting, and normal seems dull at first glance and then you remember Snorlax, Miltank, Stoutland, Raticate (yes raticate), Lickitung, not Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, Ditto, Slaking, Exploud, Diggersby, dang normal is actually pretty good and cool.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

RC Cola posted:

starmie is cool and also good

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Space T Rex posted:

dang normal is actually pretty good and cool.

way to exclude polygon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Normal should have been super effective against fairy

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Normal should have been super effective against fairy

i think so too

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

Flying isnt that exciting, and normal seems dull at first glance and then you remember Snorlax, Miltank, Stoutland, Raticate (yes raticate), Lickitung, not Lickilicky, Kangaskhan, Ditto, Slaking, Exploud, Diggersby, dang normal is actually pretty good and cool.

youre right and you didnt even name any of the best normal types other than ditto and snorlax, like porygon, ambipom, furret, dunsparce, delcatty, regigigas, audino, cinccino, farfetch'd, dodrio, noctowl, chatot, braviary, meloetta, gumshoos, and type: null

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

heres my favorite normal type

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Well you got me at Furret and Dodrio at least. Polygon is cool but really doesn't make any sense as a normal type to me. Also lmao farfetch'd.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Tauros and Bouffalant.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Space T Rex posted:

Well you got me at Furret and Dodrio at least. Polygon is cool but really doesn't make any sense as a normal type to me. Also lmao farfetch'd.

What type should a computer program be instead?

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Id go electric or psychic??? Or both?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey guys I found something new for us to argue about.

http://finalstartersorter.tumblr.com/

As you can see, I have perfect taste in starters. :smuggo:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

greninja is much better to run than venusaur in the current meta

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

enjoy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

RC Cola posted:

Aegislash and Gengar are both my ghost pals.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think arguing over starters counts as new

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

1 Typhlosion
2 Torterra
3 Charizard
4 Swampert
5 Empoleon
6 Serperior
7 Blastoise