Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yup if you totally want to power level some lowbie alts you can do that. It's probably the most useful to try and rep grind to rank 3 for all the benefits and gear purchases instead of doing it the slow way. (Remember year 1 rep grinds? uuugh)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
Need people for the raid challenges on xvone. Gt is booties

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I was thinking about getting back into Destiny but the amount of content in ROI (return on investment heh) seems pathetic for $40 Cdn. Are they just banking on addicts at this point?

The ROI is even worse when you buy it 4 times.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Just got chariot of fire medal thanks to custom games :cool:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Hella ya so Amazon is doing preloading afterall. The site didn't say anything about that before

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

Just got chariot of fire medal thanks to custom games :cool:

Custom game medals don't count! Owned.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Ularg posted:

I got a thing from rankup packages.

It's usable but I would buy the vendor one if you want to get super cereal. Nothing compares to the nice spo-28 sight

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

This is just a scheme to ruin my edging.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
the rise of iron cinematic in the director has unlocked is that new or did I miss it?

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

ElNarez posted:

the rise of iron cinematic in the director has unlocked is that new or did I miss it?

Unlocks when the expansion does

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Oh it looks like its unlocked now

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Custom game medals don't count! Owned.

Count for what?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

boz posted:

It's usable but I would buy the vendor one if you want to get super cereal. Nothing compares to the nice spo-28 sight

I used that sight for a long time then switched to SLO-19 and never looked back. Different strokes etc

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Brine posted:

This is just a scheme to ruin my edging.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I turned around earlier and someone was standing beside me with space AIDS crouching and standing up really fast, this happens a lot at the tower but now it's happening in the wild. I'm not dead when it happens either.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Yeah but who sits on that completed since Shaxx just counts completed ones for you and you lap him and just complete it by picking it up every week

Or is that just me?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Spo28 = reddit pve superstar that thinks he knows about PVP

Slo19 = real OG pvp sight

I used to the 28 in pve stuff but the 57 is better, I even use that in PvP if I'm playing against a dumbass nightstalker throwing smoke

Also bungie still doesn't say we will get the rewards if we turn the tmow bounties in after Tuesday....whatever

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Sep 18, 2016

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

CheeseFactory posted:

Oh it looks like its unlocked now
do you mean the bit that ends with saladin with the axe & the wolves running at the siva dregs coming out of the wall? or something else?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Interceptors: cool and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbsNPq06tJ4

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I was thinking about getting back into Destiny but the amount of content in ROI (return on investment heh) seems pathetic for $40 Cdn. Are they just banking on addicts at this point?

This is a quality hot take let's hear some more of your thoughts on other topics

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

this game owned

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

i miss domin dudes on combined arms with my scholar

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

FishBulb posted:

Ain't no hover on mobile you desktop level scrub

on iOS you can see the alt text if you press and hold on the smiley. i assume there's a similar way on android or w/e.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

i miss domin dudes on combined arms with my scholar

Why did you shard it?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

Time to turn notifications back on

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Roman posted:

Keep in mind that while ROI had only 5 campaign missions, there will likely be a lot of extra missions unlocked after it, like Taken King did. Size-wise it's supposed to be in between TTK and Dark Below

Taken King by itself is cheap now, but when it launched it was $40 US and didn't even include Dark Below or House of Wolves at the time although it required both of them. So ROI being $30 US was expected

Including the old expansions is just pointless fluff at this point as they are pointless to do other than people looking for Necrochasm or the No Time to Explain quest.

The extra missions are just a bunch of padding fluff having you go around the same locations you've done dozens of time except this time a purple taken will spawn or some stupid poo poo, at least the exotic bounties where somewhat interesting.

Hopefully Siva's fall or whatever the gently caress the raid is called isn't as obnoxious as TTK was with all its stupid instant death poo poo but I won't hold my breathe, plus given the sheer amount of times TTK has been on sale there's no point in buying ROI early if you're on the fence.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Spo28 = reddit pve superstar that thinks he knows about PVP

Slo19 = real OG pvp sight

I used to the 28 in pve stuff but the 57 is better, I even use that in PvP if I'm playing against a dumbass nightstalker throwing smoke

Also bungie still doesn't say we will get the rewards if we turn the tmow bounties in after Tuesday....whatever

My hawksaw has the 19 as well, will have to try it tonight.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Alteisen posted:

Including the old expansions is just pointless fluff at this point as they are pointless to do other than people looking for Necrochasm or the No Time to Explain quest.

The extra missions are just a bunch of padding fluff having you go around the same locations you've done dozens of time except this time a purple taken will spawn or some stupid poo poo, at least the exotic bounties where somewhat interesting.

Hopefully Siva's fall or whatever the gently caress the raid is called isn't as obnoxious as TTK was with all its stupid instant death poo poo but I won't hold my breathe, plus given the sheer amount of times TTK has been on sale there's no point in buying ROI early if you're on the fence.

So just 3 buys this time then?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Alteisen posted:

I read this 4 times for an authentic Alteisen experience.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

whats going on in this game

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

FishBulb posted:

So just 3 buys this time then?

you only have to buy RIse of Iron 2 times

that's 50% savings

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Awesome! posted:

We got Zika, baby!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Awesome! posted:

Rising Iron costs money in real life, and my gamers rights are under attack.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

How much do I have to pony up to keep playing this dead game?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

How much do I have to pony up to keep playing this dead game?

Sean lied amirite guys? :v:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Only good target aq sight is OAS. Otherwise go for weapon handling.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Ularg posted:

I tested and confirmed that you can give your nanite buffs to even low levels. Level 2 hunter without their super unlocked picked up my orb and killed an enemy to get all the buffs. That's crazy. So if you have an alt you want to power level I can give you all the buffs.

Poz me tmrw dude!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Something seems different about the Jakolyte.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Call of Cholula posted:

This is a quality hot take let's hear some more of your thoughts on other topics

Do you think it's a good amount of content or do you just like saying cliche sarcastic stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
goon nlb carnage lol

http://i.imgur.com/8Ht5djw.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/7Fk62rg.gifv

• Locked thread