Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

super macho dude posted:

I am not a gunsperg, so I didn't understand why the game forces you to zero in your distance on sniper rifles. just give me the longest distance to start with :shrug:

You can zero in with the iron sights with the bolt action guns with no scopes for the perfect smug long range counter snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
Do you want full on 'officially diagnosed with Autism but doesn't actually use guns a lot so might be talking out of his rear end' sperg or just the simple version?

Simple version is because then the bullets would just go over their heads.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Monocled Falcon posted:

Do you want full on 'officially diagnosed with Autism but doesn't actually use guns a lot so might be talking out of his rear end' sperg or just the simple version?

Simple version is because then the bullets would just go over their heads.

Left out complicated version discussing minutes of angle, coriolis effect, air drag, air pressure and humidity. 0/5

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The bullets go faster in BF1 compared to BF4, but also have more drop, as well as experience drag.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

Left out complicated version discussing minutes of angle, coriolis effect, air drag, air pressure and humidity. 0/5

My inner sperg has been triggered: None of these factors can be compensated via adjust scope zero, other than possibly air drag. Though properly speaking minutes of angle has nothing to do with bullet drop, Air pressure and air drag are basically the same thing, or rather air pressure is a factor in air drag, much like humidity. The Coriolis effect would have to be compensated for by angling the scope left or right, rather than up or down.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Monocled Falcon posted:

My inner sperg has been triggered: None of these factors can be compensated via adjust scope zero, other than possibly air drag. Though properly speaking minutes of angle has nothing to do with bullet drop, Air pressure and air drag are basically the same thing, or rather air pressure is a factor in air drag, much like humidity. The Coriolis effect would have to be compensated for by angling the scope left or right, rather than up or down.

Trigger mission successful.*

*this may or may not have also been because I've not been around TFR in a while and I miss gunsperg.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

KM Scorchio posted:

Someone please calculate how many of those things I can drink per day between now and launch without actually dying. I'm ok with some loss of bodily function as long as it doesn't impact my KDR.

In college, we had a party sponsored by Monster. We weren't supposed to mix Monster with alcohol, but obviously everyone did. My roommate fell on the stairs and gave himself a concussion. My brother claimed he had 7 Monster and vodkas and couldn't sleep all night, which I imagine is awful if you get drunk enough to pass out and then can't pass out. I'm pretty sure I switched to beer after one Monster like a sane person would do. So in short, only good things can happen when you drink Monster.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Do not drink energy drinks

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
To whomever mentioned the idea of a WW1 ambulance game it is now my mission in life to make this some kind of reality.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Going by the YouTube name, I was maybe on a Lockers server with this guy and he went like 400-50. In very suspicious circumstances. This video looks a bit suspect, too...

Yeah I am pretty sure relaa had been cought cheating in a couple of different games. I am not sure anyone definitively proved it though so take that with a big old grain of salt. He is also a giant dbag so there is that as well.

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012
Plus his writings in that document are that of a consummate retard

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
I wish I could immediately snap to targets with no deviation on tracking and attribute it to skill.

He's using the cheater's weapon of choice in BF1 and my suspicions were confirmed checking what he uses in BF4! His kills with self-loading rifles and pistol take forever since the TTK skyrockets when you button mash like an idiot instead of aiming properly.

If it was a little more subtle it'd be as hilarious as the people who deliberately tank their global KDR and accuracy only to get 100% HSR in individual matches.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Plus his writings in that document are that of a consummate retard

"That's why the assault class is interesting right now, because it has a good potential, but it's almost powerless at the most interesting ranges, the ranges where players are the more likely to take pleasure in having a kill."

how many Monsters do you think he drank before writing this manifesto?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

super macho dude posted:

"That's why the assault class is interesting right now, because it has a good potential, but it's almost powerless at the most interesting ranges, the ranges where players are the more likely to take pleasure in having a kill."

how many Monsters do you think he drank before writing this manifesto?

That some solid feedback right there people.

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
Now, I'm a sweet summer child, naively blundering my way through the world, but when a guy joins a server playing assault, using the AEK-971 and tops the leader board with a 2.0 KDR, I assume it's because they've been using the thing since BC2 and knows a bunch of tricks.

And dang if watching this it does seem like the kind of possible but insane stuff I'd expect someone to need to be able to do to sustain a 4.0 KDR. I mean there's nothing technically impossible about moving a mouse really really fast and stopping at a certain point.

Plus I did actually pick a few useful tips. Like using the first aid bag over the medic pack to keep freedom of movement.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Delacroix posted:

I wish I could immediately snap to targets with no deviation on tracking and attribute it to skill.

Snapping to targets isn't really an indicator of hacking, if you're familiar enough with your mouse sensitivity it's easy to do. When I played PS2 my clan was constantly being accused of hacking, with POV videos with target snapping used as evidence. Then we went to a LAN and had the exact same results. We still got some hackusations, but most people shut up about it.

But just a few seconds into that video the player does an instant 160 directly to a target the second it ran out of cover, and yeah, that looks like an aimbot. Snapping to targets close together is one thing, snapping to a guy you can't even see is another.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
It doesn't help that the video is sped up, too, so it's harder to see. He's definitely aiming at people as they come around corners. Most noticeable with the kills where he sprays an entire clip and gets 2-3 kills. Check out 2:40 when the second guy gets nailed lol

Monocled Falcon
Oct 30, 2011
I'd like to know what's going on with aimbots these days. I haven't seen really blatant aimbots since early in BF3, but I can't imagine Punkbuster turned into some perfect anti-hack tool in the intervening time. Do Aimbots get programmed to be a little sloppy?

Edit: and in defense of the guy, this is montage reel footage. It's possible that he's just quickly flicking to where he guesses the next guy will come from and getting lucky and that for ever clip here, he's getting shot in the back ten times.

Monocled Falcon fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 18, 2016

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Monocled Falcon posted:

I'd like to know what's going on with aimbots these days. I haven't seen really blatant aimbots since early in BF3, but I can't imagine Punkbuster turned into some perfect anti-hack tool in the intervening time. Do Aimbots get programmed to be a little sloppy?

Does Battlefront use PB? Once a month or so I boot it up, play a few games, and eventually get on a losing streak where one person is consistently going 90-5 or better while using a poo poo weapon from across the map. I don't think I ran into anyone cheating during the BF1 beta. I did see a whole bunch of ban announcements. I feel like PB and similar anti-cheats are great at picking up stuff easily found via Google, but not as good when people are paying private programmers who only give out their software to a select few customers.

The second half of that video is pretty boring and average as far as 5-second clip frag videos go. Maybe he's just amazing and I'm too old for video games now, but during the first few minutes he's just shooting right at people that I don't even see until they're already dead. I think it's because his mouse is coated in oil and his mousepad is a non-stick pan. Why do people play games with a 1mm 360? I think years of CS:GO have ruined high sens for me.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
It may just be because it's sped up, but there were a few times where the targeting seemed to jerk very quickly into place in that video, especially when switching between targets at different elevations. Then again, I don't really watch kill compilations.

WWI is totally my jam and Battlefield games have been entertaining enough in the past, so this is probably a purchase for me.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I don't play this but I'm drinking a monster right now RIP here's a battlepack for whoever wants it:

4P4H68K
H698RP2

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bloodplay it again posted:

Does Battlefront use PB? Once a month or so I boot it up, play a few games, and eventually get on a losing streak where one person is consistently going 90-5 or better while using a poo poo weapon from across the map. I don't think I ran into anyone cheating during the BF1 beta. I did see a whole bunch of ban announcements. I feel like PB and similar anti-cheats are great at picking up stuff easily found via Google, but not as good when people are paying private programmers who only give out their software to a select few customers.

BF3 and 4 used Fairfight and PB. Battlefront 3 and it looks like now BF1 will just use Fairfight.

But if it's true that EA won't let admins use rcon on their rented servers, then I guess admins can't kick suspected cheaters anymore either.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

not sure we can redeem these until the game comes out next month

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
So my connect at EA confirmed that the classic ticket system is coming back, but the player score system is staying. Medics rejoice.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

redweird posted:

Do not drink energy drinks

I call Baileys an energy drink, does that count?

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

So my connect at EA confirmed that the classic ticket system is coming back, but the player score system is staying. Medics rejoice.

:getin: I can't freaking wait to play the full version.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

That's good, but they really need to tweak the actual ticket numbers per point. In Beta, even if you held every single flag the enemy team would keep scoring, so it was literally impossible to make comebacks in lots of situations. It needs to work on a non-linear scale, where almost even flags results in very little ticket bleed, but holding 0 or 1 flags means you lose in a minute or two. The way it was in Beta you were best off just holding 4-5 flags, because it's very hard to stop backcaps that then flood across the map when you hold every point, so you actually tend to lose your advantage if you're holding 6-7 flags.

re: relaaa - he's a comically obvious cheater. His aimbot is set to lock onto the closest target in his FOV, so you see him constantly snapping to guys that haven't even noticed him after ADSing on the target that a human being would actually kill first.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 18, 2016

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

But if it's true that EA won't let admins use rcon on their rented servers, then I guess admins can't kick suspected cheaters anymore either.

If admins can't RC and there's no way to vote kick players... :psyduck:

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

Don't know if I agree with this. Almost all my games were close games in the beta, even some that ended in a draw. Compared to previous Battlefield games where 95℅ of the time you were stomping the game and permanently outside the enemies spawn point until it killed the server. Or you joined a game on a losing team with 7 less players and got a free loss.

This won't make people play medic more, it wasn't the least played class for this reason. You still needed bodies on flags to capture them in the beta. Medics were still important in helping that, it just didn't help that the revive icon was bugged

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010

uhhhhahhhhohahhh posted:

Don't know if I agree with this. Almost all my games were close games in the beta, even some that ended in a draw. Compared to previous Battlefield games where 95℅ of the time you were stomping the game and permanently outside the enemies spawn point until it killed the server. Or you joined a game on a losing team with 7 less players and got a free loss.

This won't make people play medic more, it wasn't the least played class for this reason. You still needed bodies on flags to capture them in the beta. Medics were still important in helping that, it just didn't help that the revive icon was bugged

But if it's an absolute slaughter, tickets help make it go faster. Otherwise it could be pretty drawn out for the team getting stomped.

Also, one good squad can't hold half the points, but they can hold one point in the middle of the map and get a, for example, 200-30 k/d across the squad. That presents another way to swing games.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/_jjju_/status/777270345132707840

It turns out that the Medic and Support statistics were swapped by accident.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

https://twitter.com/_jjju_/status/777270345132707840

It turns out that the Medic and Support statistics were swapped by accident.

Based on how many revives I never received I can't believe it.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I got revived all of 0 times outside goon games.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
even in a squad, on discord, with someone saying "hey revive me I'm right over here" it was impossible to notice they needed a revive unless they said something, and then it was difficult to even find their body because the revive icon wasn't noticable

I mean sure, no pub medic was ever going to revive anyone (beta revives for me: 0) but it's not like the game was helping them out any

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Psion posted:

even in a squad, on discord, with someone saying "hey revive me I'm right over here" it was impossible to notice they needed a revive unless they said something, and then it was difficult to even find their body because the revive icon wasn't noticable

I mean sure, no pub medic was ever going to revive anyone (beta revives for me: 0) but it's not like the game was helping them out any

It'd even harder to find a body when a tank shell blasts the same spot again and comically sends it flying to another part of the map!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw9KcqQSRRI

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

God bless bouncy tank.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Based on how many revives I never received I can't believe it.

The lack of "this guys needs a revive" marker made it impossible unless you where right next to them.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I ought to mention that I have no idea how to use the syringe and I went around as medic for two rounds trying to revive the few people who even signaled. The second round, I realized you have to hold down LMB to draw with the syringe, but then discovered that I wasn't able to hit bodies on the ground with it still. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathrat
May 25, 2010

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

I ought to mention that I have no idea how to use the syringe and I went around as medic for two rounds trying to revive the few people who even signaled. The second round, I realized you have to hold down LMB to draw with the syringe, but then discovered that I wasn't able to hit bodies on the ground with it still. :saddowns:

It worked the same way as defibs in BF4