Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Alright, I know that companies get random people to run their social media accounts, but I was still a little startled to see this promoted tweet on my timeline:

https://twitter.com/Arbys/status/776446255757037568

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Edit: Nevermind, I see it in the twitter thread, Undertale reference.

belt has a new favorite as of 04:38 on Sep 17, 2016

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

trapped mouse posted:

Alright, I know that companies get random people to run their social media accounts, but I was still a little startled to see this promoted tweet on my timeline:

I... I think I feel like eating at Arby's. Quick, somebody call Jon Stewart!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
I'm still beautiful to someone :unsmith:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Nah

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
...I know :smith:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I... I think I feel like eating at Arby's. Quick, somebody call Jon Stewart!

[RANT] Women are such entitled little shits.

How's it going fellas.

Just wanted to rant and tell a little story about something that happened earlier today.

So today we were moving some inventory from my business into a public storage due to everything being congested (we have to save all sales receipts for 5 years). Because of this, we decided to move some heavy equipment, including Christmas gear, since we didn't need until later.

We had a moving truck set up on the street and had to move through a limited alley space to get to it. When we got to carrying the fake Christmas tree; we stumbled upon a good looking woman in the same alleyway. I won't get too much into details, but to describe what she looks like: she was wearing a sun dress, had an obvious boob job, loads of make up, sunglasses, and a designer bag - you get the type i'm talking about.

She saw us coming, literally stood in the middle of the alleyway, looked down at her phone, and would NOT loving move. We yelled "excuse me" as we were walking towards her, but she still didn't move an inch.

We just bit the bullet and did the best we could to maneuver around her. I guess some of the plastic leaves scratched her so she literally went from 0-100 out of nowhere. She started yelling, telling us to watch where we're going, told us to open our chinky eyes (we're both Asian). Given that I was still in front of my business, I calmly told her that we asked her to move but she didn't.

Only to have her reply, "Why the gently caress do I have to move for you? I was walking here first."

I knew words wouldn't get to her, so I just rolled my eyes and told her to gently caress off.

I seriously couldn't believe the sense of entitlement this woman had. All she had to do was move 2 steps back, but she refused to because, it's US men that have to cater to HER.

Thank god i'm bisexual yo.

This rant brought to you by Arby's. Arby's: Come eat food made by spiders, for spiders, of spiders!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Lottery of Babylon posted:

This rant brought to you by Arby's. Arby's: Come eat food made by spiders, for spiders, of spiders!

:h:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Arby's Facebook page is pretty great. I don't follow it, but I sure as hell got stuck scrolling back over a year's worth of posts the other afternoon.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is this also a good place for idiot ads on social media? Because this is from Facebook:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

trapped mouse posted:

Arby's? We're too refined for that greasehole.

(I love what the Arby's social media folks are doing and I hope it continues for a long time)

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Somfin posted:

(I love what the Arby's social media folks are doing and I hope it continues for a long time)

Holy poo poo, this is incredible

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Plom Bar posted:

A Possible Explanation For Why There Is Contempt For MGTOW

Setting aside the Blue Pill sub and it's circle jerk of laughs. I can see why there is contempt for the MGTOW crowd and why some are quick to label it Alt-Right, bigoted, or other bullshit.

All power and morality is artificial unless it is backed up by violence or the threat of violence. And it's just about not being punished for those who obey it. Men detaching from society but not breaking the law, is not something other people can really control at this time. To control men who MGTOW but don't break the law with something other than shame, accusations, and other feels bullshit, would require stepping on lots of personal liberties and revealing society as a shame when it comes to freedom and liberty. And men can only be pushed too far before they righteously rebel. We've seen it in the Ukraine, we've seen it France once upon a time, we saw it in Russia and how it created the USSR. So no one really wants to push men too far, but they still want to push men.

To take this farther though, those consider themselves power brokers and in possession of power. Get very upset when others don't live by their rules and their expectations. In business I've seen this more than a few times. I literally got a job last Friday (supposed to be part-time as an attorney earning $55 an hour up to 24 hours a week on my flextime) and quit on Monday at one in the afternoon. I was polite about it and the non-lawyer business owner was very upset.

He wrote me a nasty email and it was full of cringe. What really cinched leaving the job was the way the guy acted. Full of himself, insulting to me, and demanding respect for his power that his pay just didn't afford him. He's called me and emailed since Monday with more hillarity. I only respond "I disagree with your statements completely and wholly." To his three and four page emails. In ten seconds I render his rant bitch fest fruitless.

His gripe is that I'm unprofessional and that my other part-time gig shouldn't interfere with my ability to work on the clock for him based on his expectations. The other part-time gig pays more by the way, I just like to juggle as much as possible because nothing lasts forever so you take in as much money as you can so that when things slow down, you can enjoy the down-time without sweating your bills.

But at the end of the day IDGAF. I'm about what's in it for me. How much I'm getting paid, and how even though I'm getting paid for the gig, I'm still positioned to make money doing something else as well. This doesn't work for him as he's too small and too pathetic to put me in a position to succeed, and thus he is expendable and that is what is really upsetting him. He can't find the punching bag he's looking for and he acts out because of it rather than respect the resource in front of him. Also, he acted like the typical abusive boyfriend/girlfriend type so that really put me off once I realized he was trying to pigeon hole me in a way that wasn't not ultimately beneficial to me.

To him, I'm the bad guy because I don't accept his offering and forsake everything else that is of value to me. I don't sacrifice my happiness and welfare for his gain. I'm only interested in looking out for myself and my future. This is an issue I've seen before in other would-be players and power brokers. How they get upset with me when I serve only my own interests and not sacrifice for theirs. How they complain, how they get upset, how they consider my sole interest disrespect to them. I'm only interested in the money, not the drama, not the credibility. And that annoys them, and that ticks them off. Because it means they can't use me unless they sufficiently reward me. And in today's world, people only want to reward value and hard work as little as humanly possibly while demanding and expecting excellence. Only a few know how to measure value and intelligently reward it.

Now it's time for our commercial break. This rant brought to you by Arby's. Arby's: Your face reflexively scrunches up. The taste is indescribable...

And that's where MGTOW is seeing it's contempt for it. Society has expectations on how men are supposed to act and behave. And more and more men, especially among Millenials just aren't doing that. The older generations are upset that Millienials are more risk and investment adverse that prior generations. How they are more spending conscious than their parents and not willing to spend their lives in hoc to banks and rich people who poo poo on them and exploit them.

And if you are a man, one of the easiest ways to end up in hoc is to marry a woman who has expectations of using your wealth as her own. For her dreams, her home, her life. Because most women are terrible and have unrealistic expectations about the future. I've seen this when out with a buddy of mine (friends since kindergarten) who is a doctors. The female doctors are either dating older doctors (32 year old dating a 50 year old), single and bitchy, or married to guys who aren't doctors (some of whom are happily married by all appearances). The married ones seem to have their heads on straight and choose their run their households off one income while working to squirrel away the other income to avoid middle age unemployment that is harmful. The rest are horrible and all too quick to try and shame the guys in the group for not dating female doctors and instead dating younger women in other professions such as school teachers and nurses.

And why this urge to shame, to act like entitled cunts, because these post-wall women doctors who didn't find a husband when they were young and beautiful. Demand and want the single and successful men to sacrifice for them with less return and reward for said sacrifice. That it's not fair for these male doctors to not consider female doctors for marriage till said male doctors are in their late forties or early fifties (it's a common thing I found out for doctors in their mid-to-late forties to marry female doctors in their early thirties). Because it doesn't fit what they want, what they need, what they feel they are entitled to. If the men don't "man up" what are they supposed to do. Marry down and being warm and loving partners?

MGTOW is about waking up and realizing that binding yourself to the artificial social morality in place is not optimal for you. That being selfless and sacrificing is how you end up someone else's sucker. And that once you understand the value of pussy, it's not something you should sacrifice your life, happiness, and time for. It either comes to you or it doesn't. It's like planting a garden and seeing bees appear. A good garden, being your life, will attract many bees. Whether or not you consider allowing the bees to remain is up to you but in today's day and age of pollination and fertilization alternatives, you don't really need bees.

The elites and powerful need men desperate, and unorganized. Only fulfilling their happiness with base consumerism and chasing after goals set by others. If men actually woke up and realized their true power as a consumer, as creators of wealth, and gatekeepers of power. Then they'd have more the world they wanted. But for now, most men can only go their own way. And for many, that is enough. And the critics and haters hate that. Because that enough for those men who go their own way, is not enough for them, nowhere near enough.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Plom Bar posted:

For the first time in years I find myself actually considering following a Twitter.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Is this also a good place for idiot ads on social media? Because this is from Facebook:

Oh good, I was just wondering where I should post this, and now you've broken the ice.

I know clickbait is easy pickings, but this one stood out.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

You too can learn the secret to looking like a rob leifeld drawing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Plom Bar posted:

Like, as long as they're going to be making goofy video game and pop culture references, they might as well put in the loving effort.

Arby's is putting in the loving effort. They are defining putting in the loving effort for goofy video game and pop culture references.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Somfin posted:

Like, as long as they're going to be making goofy video game and pop culture references, they might as well put in the loving effort.

Arby's is putting in the loving effort. They are defining putting in the loving effort for goofy video game and pop culture references.

In August the ran an ad that showed dots making different formations of drum corps logos on a football field. It's not often a major corporation acknowledges drum corps, but let me tell you, about half of my FB friends I know through drum corps, and I had a very happy news feed for a couple days.

The other day they made a Kingdom Hearts reference. Honestly I feel like it's just one who person who's a huge nerd making the posts, but imo he or she is killin it

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

timp posted:

In August the ran an ad that showed dots making different formations of drum corps logos on a football field. It's not often a major corporation acknowledges drum corps, but let me tell you, about half of my FB friends I know through drum corps, and I had a very happy news feed for a couple days.

The other day they made a Kingdom Hearts reference. Honestly I feel like it's just one who person who's a huge nerd making the posts, but imo he or she is killin it

Do you like it enough to eat at Arbys?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Hihohe posted:

Lol naaaah

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

No, but I do have a far better opinion of them as a company. Also there are none in New Zealand.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arby's is p good

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Data Graham posted:

Arby's is p good

This. I was starting to wonder if i am the only one who likes them.

It helps to remember that it isn't meat and cheese, it's met and chez. It's pretty tasty tho.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah. And if you don't like their weird super thin sliced bef piles, you can always get a chicken or meatball sandwich or something with pretensions of bolstering their image.

I like the bef though

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Data Graham posted:

Yeah. And if you don't like their weird super thin sliced bef piles, you can always get a chicken or meatball sandwich or something with pretensions of bolstering their image.

I like the bef though

The one time I had a roast beef sandwich from Arby's, I had the distinct sensation of biting through layers of epidermal tissue. And not in the good way.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Joke on it all you want, but I loving loved the way it smelled in the back when I worked there. Sure, it's Rost Bef, but it's really good smelling Rost Bef.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

Data Graham posted:

Arby's is p good

The new buffalo chicken sandwich is drat tasty.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stairs posted:

back when I worked there

And here is the defining question for "should I eat there?" - Do you, as someone who worked at one of those places, eat there? Even every now and again?

I worked at Subway for a while and I eat there all the time because I know that the food quality level's pretty drat nice. Most of the McDonald's workers around here swear off the stuff for life.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Arby's is p good

I love their curly fries.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Just wanted to post this for the inevitable respobces to the Manhattan bombing:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/2016-08-24/why-isis-rooting-trump-0

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

Somfin posted:

And here is the defining question for "should I eat there?" - Do you, as someone who worked at one of those places, eat there? Even every now and again?

I worked at Subway for a while and I eat there all the time because I know that the food quality level's pretty drat nice. Most of the McDonald's workers around here swear off the stuff for life.

I would eat at Arby's without hesitation, but I would hesitate to buy a milkshake until I saw their health code rating.

You really don't want to know why.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I like the reuben.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Somfin posted:

I worked there for a summer in high school (15 years ago) and I still eat there occasionally. Maybe once every 3 months or so (Arby's isn't really close to my home, so I have to specifically head out there).

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I worked at an Arby's in 1999 and we made a little dude out of an egg and a bunch of straws, then threw him out of the drive-thru window, and he broke, spilling yolk on the pavement. we propped him up and covered him ketchup to look like blood. We left him there all day. Just before closing I went out and took a picture of him.

Welp that's my Arby's story.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Stairs posted:

I would eat at Arby's without hesitation, but I would hesitate to buy a milkshake until I saw their health code rating.

Don't assume what I do and don't want to know

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stairs posted:

It's poop isn't it :gonk:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Stairs posted:

By ancient laws now you have to :justpost:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Don't tell them, answers only ruin good mysteries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:itwaspoo: