Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
whos dare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Solvent posted:

I still say that Berniebros are the real sexist pigs. What with all those drat death threats tarnishing the good name of Reddit. Privileged white males trying to keep Hillary down with all that talk about the one percent, that's what they all are.

SHAME!

This is trying way, way too hard.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
One of the DNC volunteers: "Yeah there was a Hispanic marine vet there in his dress uniform and the Trump people all started spitting on him."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Baloogan posted:

whos dare?

A permabanned psycho poster from Canada who's got a more-diseased-than-usual obsession with the forums.

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Mrit posted:

This is trying way, way too hard.

Meh. I just rehashed crap that people said, and made it sound sarcastic. I tried way harder with the goatse haiku I wrote for the MWO thread.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Solvent posted:

According to the guy who teaches one of my US history classes, who also used to work for the Clinton administration before the democrats walked out en masse during the Bush years:

"Corporate interests collude to keep the electoral college in place, to stop people who aren't in line with their interests from being elected. Clinton, Gore, Kerry, Obama... Clinton again. None of them are left wing, none of them want to alter the course away from plutocracy."

Now everybody take a big bite of Turd Sandwich, 2016

yowie-zowie! That's-a spicy take!

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
It was Thursday's lecture. He was showing a connection. From the railroad monopolies and how they got to dominate American commerce with the help of politicians, and on to today with the banks that funded them. Some guy called John Pierpoint Morgan was featured in the lecture.

I dunno, I kinda tuned out near the end to text with this hot chick who's 10 years my junior. We're doing a charity beer pong/wet tee shirt contest to benefit social anxiety awareness. Empowering stuff.

There was some crap in there about how the electoral college was a throwback to the time that most people were illiterate, and now all it does is enforce this two party system. Really boring.

Solvent has issued a correction as of 20:54 on Sep 18, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Captain_Maclaine posted:

A permabanned psycho poster from Canada who's got a more-diseased-than-usual obsession with the forums.

Bad Canadian !!!!!!

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Baloogan posted:

whos dare?

He's currently making GBS threads up GBS under the name Mustardluv. That really is an unhealthy obsession with the forums. At least two accounts today.

Find out before he's banned again.

And you're deplorable, but the kind of deplorable that's almost likable.
I mean, you probate yourself for being... yourself.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Solvent posted:

It was Thursday's lecture. He was showing a connection. From the railroad monopolies and how they got to dominate American commerce with the help of politicians, and on to today with the banks that funded them. Some guy called John Pierpoint Morgan was featured in the lecture.

I dunno, I kinda tuned out near the end to text with this hot chick who's 10 years my junior. We're doing a charity beer pong/wet tee shirt contest to benefit social anxiety awareness. Empowering stuff.

There was some crap in there about how the electoral college was a throwback to the time that most people were illiterate, and now all it does is enforce this two party system. Really boring.

i wouldn't pay much mind to tatum's posts re: anything resembling leftism, he tries very hard to drop sick owns and it's the thought that counts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Homework Explainer posted:

i wouldn't pay much mind to tatum's posts re: anything resembling leftism, he tries very hard to drop sick owns and it's the thought that counts

:shobon:

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Homework Explainer posted:

Well I am a rather sentimental git. :)

Long addition:

I think it's cause someone I know rather well came down on me about being such a Berniebro recently. I can misplace frustration with the best of em. "Berniebros are a bunch of bums, and the bums never win".

Kinda bugs me that the candidate who brought me out of 16 years of political apathy had his supporters pigeonholed by Hillary proxies. I mean, the selection process blah blah, stronger opponents whatever, it just feels like Hillary alienated a lot of would be supporters with help of her myriad of connections, largely the supposedly neutral chair. If it was all for the good of the party, it would seem like those kinds of things would have been a bigger deal. Now I'm left with a trollish demagogue, or someone who's proxies like Marcotte called me a sexist because I want to see things like single payer, or a gigantic back to work style infrastructure bill, and that I respected a person who wasn't willing to compromise their integrity (see Ted "Zodiac" Cruz, and his inability to keep his word to support the candidate his party chose) in favor of personal ambition. Even after all the skeletons came out, Bernie is still out there campaigning for Hillary, cause that's just who he is, and that's the kinda president he woulda been. The kind of person he always has been is just so evident, like you just knew Bernie was gonna keep his word to the best of his ability.

Over last couple years I was well reminded by quite a few people how easy it is for most to just turn on anybody, do whatever it takes to get their way. Letting things like anger over trivialities take control of their moral compass. Bringing nukes to a slapfight.

In reality, it was all just a childish fantasy. The honest do not belong in politics. Feelsbadman.

Solvent has issued a correction as of 00:05 on Sep 20, 2016

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
On top of all that, there are really way too many Mexicans and liberals in California for it to not go to Hillary in the general, just making it all seem so much more stupid and frustrating. My vote really doesn't matter.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Solvent posted:

In reality, it was all just a childish fantasy. The honest do not belong in politics. Feelsbadman.

Christ this sure is a lot of self-pitying dreck. Sanders was never going to win and if he'd won he mostly would have been isolated in government and incapable of pushing through an agenda. The advantage of his campaign was in raising awareness, revealing new ways to fund-raise without relying on traditional big money donors, and proving that there's an appetite for change, etc. Are you seriously already deflated and hopeless because the dark horse candidate nobody heard of eighteen months ago didn't immediately win the most powerful office in the world?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Solvent posted:

On top of all that, there are really way too many Mexicans and liberals in California for it to not go to Hillary in the general, just making it all seem so much more stupid and frustrating. My vote really doesn't matter.

lol racist

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Helsing posted:

Christ this sure is a lot of self-pitying dreck. Sanders was never going to win and if he'd won he mostly would have been isolated in government and incapable of pushing through an agenda. The advantage of his campaign was in raising awareness, revealing new ways to fund-raise without relying on traditional big money donors, and proving that there's an appetite for change, etc. Are you seriously already deflated and hopeless because the dark horse candidate nobody heard of eighteen months ago didn't immediately win the most powerful office in the world?

Ahem. :mad:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'd protest vote but those fuckin Mexican voters, man...

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Helsing posted:

I'm glad we're back to the "Bernie wouldn't have been able to get poo poo done, but better have a panic attack about Trump because he has magic warlock powers that lets him launch the nukes and send Hispanics to the gulags" argument, really missed that.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
*checks title* yep this is the chat thread not the whine thread

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

"trump is bad because he blames all our problems on hispanics, which is different from when i do it"

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

logikv9 posted:

*checks title* yep this is the chat thread not the whine thread

What'd you have for dinner tonight?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Probably Magic posted:

What'd you have for dinner tonight?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

are u rhode islandian

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Karl Barks posted:

are u rhode islandian

no i just pray for death daily

so i guess i kinda am

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

logikv9 posted:

no i just pray for death daily

so i guess i kinda am

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 16 minutes!
He was a nice man.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
His dad did die 😯

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i remember watching that and feeling so much vicarious cringe

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

It's still my favorite part of the campaign

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Karl Barks posted:

It's still my favorite part of the campaign

I wasnt paying attention to the campaign at all in october, you have a chance to explain it to me right now and rediscover your love all over again

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkcAeEhtCbU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the first debate was a goddamn treasure

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Yeah it was interesting to see a man castrate himself, eat his balls, and crawl into a podium.

Jim "I killed a man" Thumb was intense too.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hell yeah that's the prime stuff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"the cuck meme" - lincoln chafee

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
edit: ah fuckit i posted this in the wrong thread

have my lovely gadsden anyway you loving goons

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Probably Magic posted:

I'm glad we're back to the "Bernie wouldn't have been able to get poo poo done, but better have a panic attack about Trump because he has magic warlock powers that lets him launch the nukes and send Hispanics to the gulags" argument, really missed that.

I think this is the first time I've seen someone have a preemptive meltdown.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Probably Magic posted:

Helsing posted:

I think this is the first time I've seen someone have a preemptive meltdown.

Take it to Your Candidate Sucked Thread or PMs if you want to take this slapfight to the next level or shut up already thanks in advance~ :h:

Al! posted:

hell yeah that's the prime stuff

Yea Chafee pretty much dropped out right after that debate, if not a few weeks after. I just remember him being :unsmith: incarnate

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SExMtNDS5hk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

technically if i write his name in on the ballot then he never stopped being a candidate

• Locked thread