Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bip Roberts posted:

Found ur problem.

zizek is at his best when talking about toilets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

How weird must it be to follow a cult that's already "ascended" and you'll never get an opportunity to ride Hale-Bopp.

Kind of like a weird Jewish cult 2000 years ago following some crucified malcontent (who came back to life and floated up into a cloud? puhleeze). Some of those individuals had to go through a number of incarnations before connecting with Do.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Weird that we've only been visited by Ti & Do. What about Re, Mi, Fa, So, and La?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Weird that we've only been visited by Ti & Do. What about Re, Mi, Fa, So, and La?

Those are just little monikers for those individuals, like Alpha and Omega. Everyone needs a name by which they are called. If you are just going to make fun however I will be moving along. There's an interesting element of the story where Do and the class started posting online and they received lots of abuse - that was one of the signs to start wrapping up the mission.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

McDowell posted:

Those are just little monikers for those individuals, like Alpha and Omega. Everyone needs a name by which they are called. If you are just going to make fun however I will be moving along. There's an interesting element of the story where Do and the class started posting online and they received lots of abuse - that was one of the signs to start wrapping up the mission.
I'm legit curious what you think about Do and Ti's suicide, along with all the other folks at the mansion. Were they doing the right thing? Do you think there was something hiding in the wake of the Hale-Bopp comet?

I'm not asking out of malice or poking fun, I've just never had the chance to engage with someone who accepts those particular religious/philosophical tenets.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Azathoth posted:

I'm legit curious what you think about Do and Ti's suicide, along with all the other folks at the mansion. Were they doing the right thing? Do you think there was something hiding in the wake of the Hale-Bopp comet?

I'm not asking out of malice or poking fun, I've just never had the chance to engage with someone who accepts those particular religious/philosophical tenets.

Ti left her (Do used male pronouns but maybe 'xir' is most accurate) vehicle in 1985, which was a trial for Do and the class. The 'right thing' is a matter of individual judgement, Do was an instructor who one had to recognize and follow. Rio was one class member who stayed behind to 'break the news' as leaving didn't seem right for him. Sawyer was a prominent student who returned to the human world, but 9/11 reminded him of the bigger picture. Hale-bopp having a companion or being a spacecraft was irrelevant - its signficance was when it showed up and how visible it was.

Mc Do Well has issued a correction as of 16:22 on Sep 14, 2016

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
could god throw a curveball even his son couldn't hit

could god decide if joe flacco is an elite quarterback

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

C. Everett Koop posted:

could god throw a curveball even his son couldn't hit

could god decide if joe flacco is an elite quarterback

Uhh it's been established in canon that jesus christ is "very bad" at hitting curve balls.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOzfa19fSMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOgnVA1z6M4

Fados
Jan 7, 2013
I like Malcolm X, I can't be racist!

Put this racist dipshit on ignore immediately!
all liberals seem to hate Zizek, he must be doing something right

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Fados posted:

all liberals seem to hate Zizek, he must be doing something right

they're angry he's getting paid to shitpost

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Zizek supports Ted Cruz

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
McDowell is either one of the stupidest gimmick posters ever or someone who needs to be Baker Acted.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

Zizek supports Ted Cruz

Nah he said Cruz is an evil space alien.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

McDowell is either one of the stupidest gimmick posters ever or someone who needs to be Baker Acted.

Why not both?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy_lh3pD898

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

If he's a gimmick, he understands enough about new age UFO religions to convincingly fake it. I'm starting to come around to the idea that he's not a gimmick, and that he's just someone who's done way, way more hallucinogens than he should and found "God" as a result. I don't put the scare quotes around "God" to suggest that his beliefs are insincere, but to emphasize that he didn't find the Judeo-Christian God, as that phrase might otherwise imply.

If he is a gimmick, then kudos to the man behind the mask. It's quite convincing. However, if he is a gimmick, I would question what his goal is, as he seems to have spent more time understanding his act than anyone else expends dealing with it. I think it'd probably fall more into performance art at that point.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Speaking as a member of a UFO death cult myself, and an enthusiast of UFO Death Cult discussion, can we get back to Alex Jones and that sort of lookers and save the Space Bros Sci-fi Gnosticism discussion for another thread?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Bip Roberts posted:

I just wanna gently caress a Martian goddamnit.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

jeepers creepers

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Azathoth posted:

If he's a gimmick, he understands enough about new age UFO religions to convincingly fake it. I'm starting to come around to the idea that he's not a gimmick, and that he's just someone who's done way, way more hallucinogens than he should and found "God" as a result. I don't put the scare quotes around "God" to suggest that his beliefs are insincere, but to emphasize that he didn't find the Judeo-Christian God, as that phrase might otherwise imply.

If he is a gimmick, then kudos to the man behind the mask. It's quite convincing. However, if he is a gimmick, I would question what his goal is, as he seems to have spent more time understanding his act than anyone else expends dealing with it. I think it'd probably fall more into performance art at that point.

toblerone triangular my man

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

I simply cannot abide this much UFO anti-materialism without the promise of SLACK

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

There IS a Demiurge and his name I JHVH-1 and he is an omnipotent alien retard who made a planet of retards and pays us no mind except to amuse his basic rear end brain and the only salvation is to send money to J.R. "Bob" Dobbs and absolve yourself of the sins of the conspiracy, seize hold of your life and gain the ultimate scapegoat.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Robotnik Nudes posted:

I simply cannot abide this much UFO anti-materialism without the promise of SLACK

lotta fuckin Pink Boys itt

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

McDowell posted:

Oh I know, that is part of what makes this something sent from God - the one who pays the piper picks the tune. Those conspiracy theories were probably spawned by people who encountered Next Level information and recoiled from it, which is understandable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7H00OUf1lA

It's all poo poo! Making us go backwards!

Reading your post i misread "piper picks the tune" as "pickle prunes in urine" and its obviously unlikely to be just a coiniancidence

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Maybe its something you need to do to become ready for the next stage, i dont know

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
man looney toons got hawt

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Robotnik Nudes posted:

There IS a Demiurge and his name I JHVH-1 and he is an omnipotent alien retard who made a planet of retards and pays us no mind except to amuse his basic rear end brain and the only salvation is to send money to J.R. "Bob" Dobbs and absolve yourself of the sins of the conspiracy, seize hold of your life and gain the ultimate scapegoat.

:boom:

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
:iceburn:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That Fluoride Stare

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
"When I try to tell people THE TRUTH they just stare at me like I'm crazy or something!"

"Must be the fluoride..."

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

#fluorideman sends his kids to public schools

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD5Ak6QC0ww

I don't think I'm crazy, just a changeling. The drop becomes the ocean - the ocean becomes the drop.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i feel this

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Future Shock really is the best

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

tfw you drink so much flouride you turn into a zombie husk of a human serving only the whims of globalists and their interdimensional masters

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

tfw you drink so much flouride you turn into a zombie husk of a human serving only the whims of globalists and their interdimensional masters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

genetically altered SPUDS

• Locked thread