Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil

Heathcliff

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Does Reddick know any football players other than five-years-ago Peyton Manning exist?

(I think he's from Indiana, though, which may explain it.)

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nancy

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

I did not see this coming at all. I'm sure the commenters over on the comics page hate it.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Well, Nancy's had a good run, almost 80 years. It's a shame it had to end like this, with its beloved characters dazedly glorifying solvent abuse.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Finally Gilchrist is going to turn Sluggo into a more realistic homeless kid.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

dismas posted:

I wish I could find the "Spiders! Mankind's allies in our insect war" edit someone did because this would make a good sequel

Well, here you go.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Green Intern posted:

I did not see this coming at all. I'm sure the commenters over on the comics page hate it.

Part of it is because Ces promised a main character was going to snuff it.

Speaking of whom, here's your semi-annual reminder that Medium Large is still a thing (sometimes).

Bloom County continues its brave march into "Oh, I just don't know" territory.

Skippy (July 20, 1929)

Peanuts (September 21, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Out Our Way With The Willets (September 25 and October 2, 1927)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dead forums when I usually post, so today you get a double dose of your favorites. :v:

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

Wun Big Hapie!

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Some Guy TT posted:

It's All Right Chief Dharma

The Chief is a wise, wise man.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

There's a reason some people set their phones on Airplane mode before going partying. Nobody wants to wake up to a long drunken chatlog with their ex.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

Well, here you go.

That's just what they want you to think!

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Luann

quote:

Meh… I can understand certain reasons for not assuming the last name of the husband, but for the most part, I do not. The Hyphenation I definitely get. Someone looking for an old friend from High School, changing the last name can make you harder to find. But not taking the last name because “Reasons” no I do not like it. Just old fashioned I guess.

quote:

That’s okay Brad. Let Her Keep Her Maiden Name if it makes Her Happy. ‘Mrs. Toni Daytona-DeGroot.’
One thing for Sure. One Day, when She Gets Mad at a Store Clerk and asks for the Manager, She’ll be Mrs. DEGROOT!!

Those are really the only comments worth noting. Everyone is just talking about people they know that kept their last names or how people hyphenated their names, but nothing crazy or interesting.

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Dustin

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

JaggerMcDagger posted:

Flying Mccoys

I wonder what the McCoys think of Pokemon Go

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tuxedo Ted posted:

There's a reason some people set their phones on Airplane mode before going partying. Nobody wants to wake up to a long drunken chatlog with their ex.

You just changed my life.

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Thanks for bringing your contagious kid to church so he can get everyone sick. He better not be shaking hands during "Peace be with you"!

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/recipes/the-great-british-bake-off-how-to-make-a-charlotte-russe/

Outbursts of Everett True (July, 1915)

And He Did.

Guess If They Are Married!

Banana Oil!

The Gay Thirties (January 1935)

They’ll Do It Everytime (December 1939)

Mopsy (June, 1940)

Feiffer (click for big) (1967)

Jaf

Andy Capp (click for big) (September, 1970)

Mr. Tweedy (August, 1970)

Wee Pals (click for big) (October 1970)

Richard’s Poor Almanac

Dick Tracy (July 2009)

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Gorilla Salad posted:

The Chief is a wise, wise man.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Slammy posted:

That's... not entirely accurate.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Slammy posted:

Wow, indistinguishable from a contemporary lovely political cartoon!

Usually Feiffer's pretty good but ugh.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

Man, Ces is killing it with this strip.

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

Well, here you go.

And this is one of my favorite edits, recently lost to a laptop meltdown, so thanks.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Jungle Jim

Next week Nala, Jim's black, will come fight the other blacks while Jim fights the black lion. Not the fake black lion--that was actually just disguised blacks who are killing other blacks. Not Jim's black though, he's not killing blacks, it's that other guy's blacks that are pretending to be black lions killing other blacks. Blackety-black-black-black. Blacks.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Aardmania posted:

Judge Parker

So...everyone else was kidnapped?

Or are we talking about alien abduction?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

BigDave posted:

So...everyone else was kidnapped?

Or are we talking about alien abduction?

I won't rule out the latter since this is Ces we're talking about, but probably the former. There were those strips of people noting the duffel bags full of money.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Trucker was apparently up to some shady poo poo (knew private number of radio host (stalker?), bag full of money, missing for last three days) so it's entirely possible everybody else was kidnapped. But equally likely is that Sophie saw the flashlights of the cops searching for the car, and in her mildly-concussed state decided she needed to run from them.

Seems like multiple concurrent storylines are being set up here:

- What the gently caress is up with this weird trucker?
- what happened to Sophie
- Author comments reveal that the reporter who would rather be covering bigger stories than a factory opening is going to be reoccurring. So maybe she'll be going after Neddy for all the shady poo poo the factory is involved in. (Only planning on employing old people on medicare so that they don't have to pay for insurance, hired known scam artists, hired family member of safety inspector, etc)

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm really loving floored that I'm now so genuinely invested in Judge Parker and, to a lesser extent, Rex Morgan.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Bobulus posted:

Trucker was apparently up to some shady poo poo (knew private number of radio host (stalker?), bag full of money, missing for last three days) so it's entirely possible everybody else was kidnapped. But equally likely is that Sophie saw the flashlights of the cops searching for the car, and in her mildly-concussed state decided she needed to run from them.

- Author comments reveal that the reporter who would rather be covering bigger stories than a factory opening is going to be reoccurring. So maybe she'll be going after Neddy for all the shady poo poo the factory is involved in. (Only planning on employing old people on medicare so that they don't have to pay for insurance, hired known scam artists, hired family member of safety inspector, etc)

And that reporter's supposed to be black right? Colorist is loving it up all the time now.
This really is a case of dare they draw (color) a negro.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

And JJJ continues his infinity year streak of being, just, the best.

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

That second panel. :stonklol:

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

And JJJ continues his infinity year streak of being, just, the best.
Ants in my bedroom? Better grab my shotgun! :argh:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Poil posted:

Ants in my bedroom? Better grab my IRON MAN SUIT

Fixed.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I am TOTALLY down with Ted's new holiday.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Slammy posted:

Outbursts of Everett True (July, 1915)

I don't get it :confused:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I think that it was just a pulp novel that she was wasting time with, so Everett hurled it out the window.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cartoon Cavalcade

Frederick Opper's Happy Holligan

Frank Nankivell, Walt Kuhn, Harrison Cady

And Opper and Jimmy Swinnerton with an old favorite, Alphonse and Gaston

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Sep 19, 2016

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Bobulus posted:

I think we're gearing up for a kidnapping scenario, related to some kind of shady deal the trucker was in on. Sophie and the others were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and whoever was there for the money didn't want witnesses.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

And Opper and Jimmy Swinnerton with an old favorite, Alphonse and Gaston

:neckbeard: Yay! I missed those guys!

The Classic Dinette Set has poor distance vision.

Working Daze reminds you that smug nerds are the worst nerds.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix was just tryin' ta make conversation, geez.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Back on the meds!

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Is the Sally and Ted marriage on the rocks storyline still going or did that get resolved already?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Adam Ames (1959)

Between Shots (1917~1919)

Ella Cinders (1925)

New comic: Myra North, Special Nurse (1936)

• Locked thread