Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

oatgan posted:

I saw that headline and thought "bull dempsey" and was pleased when I read the article

Yup, same here. With a headline like that it couldn't have been anyone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked how he wasn't even the best Rhyno on the roster.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They turned the tag title match into a 1v1 with dash because dawson is hurt, rovert what's the scoop?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

They turned the tag title match into a 1v1 with dash because dawson is hurt, rovert what's the scoop?

They probably saw it on a WCW early 90s comp and decided to re-enact it like the rest of their act.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

IcePhoenix posted:

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/777625932651606016
Oof tough crowd

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They just showed an advert for WM 33 and the whole place started booing :lol:

ryden
Oct 9, 2011

ACAB

Holy poo poo NXT live is so great. Just got back from the show in St. Paul and it's the most fun I've had at a WWE event. The highlight of the night was Dawson asking me "Why are your teeth so close together" after I heckled him for being injured. First row ringside seats are the goddamn best.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

IcePhoenix posted:

What are we calling it this time, Wrestlemania Sun or Wrestlemania Butthole?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NXT live show thought dump

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKgsNLshgHW/

Austin Aries wrestled his whole match against Itami dressed in this (yes even the headband) and it was amazing. The finish involved him being pantsed, GTS'd, and Itami using the Zubaz for leverage.

After the match he went to attack Itami while he was posing on the Turnbuckle and tripped and did a faceplant.

Ty and Roode was possibly my favorite match of the night (that or Asuka/Ember), Roode won but Ty got the "go home happy" spot after the match when Roode came back to attack him. He also had a great new spot where he stomped on both of Roode's hands and then did the "Ten" chant/motions in time with Roode shaking out his hands.

I still don't know who Riddick Moss is but he did ok, I think he'd fit in pretty well in the NXT midcard as a generic heel. The match was good. The crowd loved Jose, of course. Nakamura's entrance in person is awesome.

The crowd was definitely dead for the Dash/Orange TM61, I think everyone was deflated about not getting to see the Revival. It was also the first match after an intermission.

Tino needs to stop spamming the taunt button. Swann seemed like he was holding back, but it was still a fun opener.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 19, 2016

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
Riddick Moss played linebacker for the Gophers, which is why he was in that match. He got a fair amount of small time local media play, especially as his brother's on the team this year.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
http://www.twincities.com/2016/09/16/former-gopher-mike-rallis-on-name-change-wwe-wrestling-and-little-brother-nick/

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

IcePhoenix posted:

they're all gonna watch it though

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

To be fair to him, TM61 are pretty boring as a tag team so i can't imagine it gets better when you remove one of them from the equation.

Another bizarre signing.

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.

Seams posted:

they're all gonna watch it though

The primary reason for the booing was probably because Minnesota was seen as the front runner for getting WrestleMania next year (new football stadium, renovated basketball arena for RAW/Hall of Fame, a former WWE employee is booking the non-football events for the stadium and they're looking to book bigger events in preparation for hosting the Super Bowl in 2018).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheHock posted:

The primary reason for the booing was probably because Minnesota was seen as the front runner for getting WrestleMania next year (new football stadium, renovated basketball arena for RAW/Hall of Fame, a former WWE employee is booking the non-football events for the stadium and they're looking to book bigger events in preparation for hosting the Super Bowl in 2018).

It's more "it was basically a done deal and then a vikings stadium PR guy mentioned it in an interview before WWE officially announced it and so Vince had a temper tantrum and moved it."

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Announcing things before the WWE is one of the most cardinal sins anyone can make. Like when people sign with the WWE its made clear to them to not say a single word before they do. Its not really a surprise the same poo poo happens with the corporate side too.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

It's almost like Vince has control issues or something

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Kudos to Mike Rome (that's his name, right?) for jumping in the ring right away for some quick "Right now it's not about Wrestlemania it's about NXT in St. Paul you guys have been great give yourselves a round of applause" damage control. He totally earned his end-of-show yeaoh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DancinBrud posted:

Kudos to Mike Rome (that's his name, right?) for jumping in the ring right away for some quick "Right now it's not about Wrestlemania it's about NXT in St. Paul you guys have been great give yourselves a round of applause" damage control. He totally earned his end-of-show yeaoh.

Yeah, he was great all night. His interaction with Peyton was great as well.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Peyton had some goofy charisma that I really liked. The crowd didn't really want to boo her. Daria was interesting but still seems pretty limited. She does really have something with the mid-match "I'm takin' my gloves off and now you're in trouble" thing, though.

Show was a lot of fun. I gave Moss my best "RIDDICK MOSS I HATE YOU" but nothing beats the original.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
REINA a Joshi group is sending over a group of women in November to tryout.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Is there any drat way that Revival doesn't win the WO/F4W tag team of the year this year?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
NXT in St. Paul....HHH will be pleased.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

I was expecting to watch her graze in a pasture.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

Is there any drat way that Revival doesn't win the WO/F4W tag team of the year this year?

Does New Day not count or something?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the Young Bucks had a ***** match though

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Dave doesn't decide the awards. Just because the Bucks got a 5-star match doesn't mean the Revival can't win it. It just depends on if their peers are adamant enough to have them win. Otherwise, it'll probably be the Bucks anyway.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I was expecting to watch her graze in a pasture.

you know, cuz the vid says she devours the field?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

AMReese posted:

Dave doesn't decide the awards. Just because the Bucks got a 5-star match doesn't mean the Revival can't win it. It just depends on if their peers are adamant enough to have them win. Otherwise, it'll probably be the Bucks anyway.

their peers? Observer awards are voted on by subscribers. Now there are a considerable amount of wrestlers that subscribe, but that's only a fraction of the voters. Hell, I'd guess that probably 10-20 people on this subforum, including myself, subscribe and vote.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

their peers? Observer awards are voted on by subscribers. Now there are a considerable amount of wrestlers that subscribe, but that's only a fraction of the voters. Hell, I'd guess that probably 10-20 people on this subforum, including myself, subscribe and vote.

I think he's confusing the awards with the Hall of Fame, which I'm pretty sure is decided by other wrestlers.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Baron Corbyn posted:

I think he's confusing the awards with the Hall of Fame, which I'm pretty sure is decided by other wrestlers.

again, not solely. lots of journalists, historians, personalities get those ballots. a lot greater proportion of wrestlers in HOF than in awards, however.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

You're right. I got it confused in my head. Then again, it would be neat if they were all decided like that, but I guess then the subscribers don't have much of a voice.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Got NXT Takeover tickets for Toronto. You can buy them in advance if you have an American Express card (or feel like explaining to your mom why you need to borrow her card to watch grown men pretend to hit each other). On the one hand I'm super excited to see my first show, and it being a takeover. On the other hand paying $145 for two tickets w/ fees (loving $15 per ticket) isn't as cool as buying 4 for $125 and seeing it in a smaller arena

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I'm voting Hype Bros for tag team of the year

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

I'm voting Hype Bros for tag team of the year

Shining Stars or death

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

Shining Stars or death

Timeshare buyer spotted.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Look I'm going to see an ROI any day now. Any day...

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oatgan posted:

I saw that headline and thought "bull dempsey" and was pleased when I read the article

I was hoping it was Alex Riley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

REINA a Joshi group is sending over a group of women in November to tryout.

Presumably for the rumoured tournament?

Not really familiar with Reina so I don't know if they've got any talent. Syuri was a regular, but looking at Cagematch she hasn't wrestled there for six months.

• Locked thread