Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Ghost Dog posted:

lmao

if he didnt want to be the special needs kid he should root harder. my team never left since i started rooting for them

I'm not saying it's intentional rewarding, but the refs in any game will never keep calling people for the same thing if they keep doing it. Think Seahawks mugging receivers. Yeah, they'd get PI calls but the refs wouldn't feel comfortable throwing 50 flags, so they get to play dirty on all those plays. Reward > risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

My boss: you have been late 69 times, you sexually harassed the secretary, and you are drinking scotch right now. For these reasons you are fired

Me: Yes but the football mans knee was down before he dropped the ball

My boss: well in that case see you monday

watch out. if your boss is vince mcmahon youre going to have a knuckle sandwich awaiting on you. waiting for

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
The bengals played like cowards but I'm going to be bitter about that fumble instead

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Dakota Rayne Prescott

Winner

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Zyla posted:

really, since 1982. but thats just me

This owns

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Oberst posted:

Ravens 25 - Browns 20

Yes that is the final score but your garbage rear end team took 3 quarters to accumulate the points required to overcome the first 10 minutes.

What I'm saying it didn't matter when the points came but what they were when the clock hit zero. But hey you want to keep up the high of beating the 2 biggest punchlines in the NFL by less than a TD by all means continue.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Flikken posted:

Yes that is the final score but your garbage as team took 3 quarters to accumulate the points required to overcome the first 10 minutes.

but like this is good. you want to score points. why are you framing this as bad. scoring points for a bunch of quarters is good

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Oberst posted:

Every Sunday since 1999 has been pure hell - an autist with 0 perspective

Go gently caress yourself.

riht
Dec 13, 2004

i knew u were trouble when u tossed int

Flikken posted:

And it took nearly 3 quarters to dig yourself out of that hole? What is your point?

me trying to understand this post

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

GobiasIndustries posted:

Couldn't watch the game, apparently the Titans killed half of the Lions team in addition to winning?

The only ones who won that game were the refs.

God I'm gonna be seeing flags in my sleep.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FuzzySkinner posted:

I think people are allowed to be frustrated after a loss like that. Especially with how it ended and what happened during the game.

If the Browns had simply just blew it? I wouldn't have been upset, but I didn't feel that was the case. You add the fact that I've seen this team do this for 17 years and I've yet to see them have any long sustained success? Yes that's going to be my go-to. Especially with how the league treated the Browns when they were building this franchise up.

Also just judging by how Goddell handled the Ravens with kidgloves with how the Ray Rice situation got handled among other things? Makes me believe that the league is not exactly on the straight and narrow.

You can mock me or whatever. But Sundays have been a living hell for me since 1999.

Like someone else said I'm pissed all the time for lesser reasons but you're saying made up stuff like "A long string of bad calls" and late hits that never happened(except one weak one) and ref conspiracies that don't exist.

The Browns did blow it though. They hosed up the extra point, missed a field goal, and didn't score a single point after their first three TDs. I totally agree your team has been hosed over but the ref calls don't have anything to do with that and weren't even that bad outside of one. And one of those bad (non) calls went your way big time and got you four extra points.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RealUSAmerican/status/777601566585024517/video/1

Johnson's catch for the win. :eyepop:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Flikken posted:

Yes that is the final score but your garbage rear end team took 3 quarters to accumulate the points required to overcome the first 10 minutes.

What I'm saying it didn't matter when the points came but what they were when the clock hit zero. But hey you want to keep up the high of beating the 2 biggest punchlines in the NFL by less than a TD by all means continue.

Don't bother man, save for Puppy Bowl? These guys aren't worth the time of day.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Ravens fans are really feeling themselves, huh? Any of y'all want to take the over on 7 wins for a bet for charity?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Flikken posted:

You realize that not every game where a "good" team plays a "bad" team is a no-contest blowout, right? I'm happy after any win. It doesn't matter who we beat.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

riht posted:

me trying to understand this post

It wasn pointed out the Browns didn't score since the 1st quarter, I was pointing out it took till the 4th to take the lead nut hey go throw away some more suits.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i still dont understand how scoring a bunch of points over several quarters and not giving up any is bad

getting the lead in the 4th still counts i think.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Flikken posted:

Lmao we should feel so bad that we won the game. It is required to score style points along with TDs or you don't truly win

OR

RAVENS DEFEAT BROWNS IN CLEVELAND 25-20

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
children calm down

you are both inferior to the Steelers

namaste

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Flikken posted:

It wasn't pointed out the Browns didn't score since the 1st quarter, I was pointing out it took till the 4th to take the lead nut hey go throw away some more suits.

This is nonsense.

A game where you're down 20 points that early has a very good possibility of being a blowout. That it wasn't a blowout and the Ravens even won the game, yeah it's something for fans to be happy about. It doesn't mean I don't think the team has problems, we absolutely do.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

My poor lovely football team makes my life hell!!! - a literal child with 0 perspective

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Ravens fans are really feeling themselves, huh? Any of y'all want to take the over on 7 wins for a bet for charity?

Yeah they're trashing people on here by calling them "autists" on here.

Lovely. Pure class

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Is Joe flacco elite?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I posted this in the Hot Seat thread but I feel like I have been complaining about Detroit being too conservative in the red zone and drawing too many penalties for years now, even beyond the Caldwell era. And apparently neither of these were issues for him in Indy. How the hell does this team have the same problem across multiple HCs, GMs, and rosters?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

This is nonsense.

No no no you see points scored in the first are more valuable than points scored in the 4th

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

FuzzySkinner posted:

Lovely. Pure class

hell is 25-20 and a voice echoing on the wind: Autism(autism(autism(autism)))

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Oberst posted:

My poor lovely football team makes my life hell!!! - a literal child with 0 perspective

I'm not the one using a disability as an insult.

You're the rear end in a top hat here. Not me. You should apologize for being human garbage.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

children calm down

you are both inferior to the Steelers

namaste

God bless.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Johnson's catch for the win. :eyepop:

I quite honestly thought he retired and I pay at least some attention to football. The Titans are truly a black hole of news.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Sorry bengals

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:henget:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm in on that. We play a lot of lovely teams the next 15 weeks. I'd bet we beat 5 of them.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Lovely. Pure class

Just calling em how I see em, bud. Call me heartless now as I feast on your lovely sadsack fanbase's tears (yours especially)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
This is just as fun as reading 100000 pregame posts about how the Ravens are going to lose to the Browns

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Something Awful is known for its class.

You can't act sanctimonious after reading that bengals whiny meltdown from last year was reposted come on!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

FuzzySkinner posted:

You're the rear end in a top hat here. Not me. You should apologize for being human garbage.

no one brought up you being a browns fan???

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Listen here, rear end in a top hat. I am NOT obsessed with Lionel trains you here me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Something Awful is known for its class.

You can't act sanctimonious after reading that bengals whiny meltdown from last year was reposted come on!

print the shirts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

FuzzySkinner posted:

Jesus man being a Browns fan is bad but I don't think it counts as a disability

EDIT: Shamefully beaten by pop dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The real joke is on every one of these fans, because at the end of the day our division still won't make it beyond the second round of the playoffs at best (and that's assuming two teams make it and are lucky enough to play each other in the first)

Losing as early as they can

afuckinggain

and then saying that's actually a good thing

• Locked thread