Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Sounds like being yourself - with everything that includes - is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

99% of the reason people always say "There's someone out there for everyone, you'll find your true love in the end" is because the desperate hope that it will be true for them too is the only thing that keeps them from suck-starting a gun.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In other news I cant say it's the source of every one of my symptoms, but I finally got pictures of what i believe to be the cause behind why i think im actually sick and the doctors say im hallucinating, that managed to gross out seat safety, and he says I can finally present something to a doctor and say fix it.

poo poo is all hosed as hell up in my head and so hiden away I found it even existed purely by chance because I was having another symptom flare up and was obsessing over whether or not I was really crazy

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Always listen to the smoke monster.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

meatpimp posted:

Ironically, I am far from legally licensed or qualified to practice medicine, but as I slowly find more pictures that look like what I found are starting to more often than not have symptoms including itching or crawling feeling in the ears, nose, scalp, widespread persistent infections, tooth pain and loss, and then a note along the lines "and then we nicknamed the tumor Bob because really, Bob was just about the only thing still tying his face together and sometimes people need support even if it happens to be structural," and almost always the bullet point saying how it was heavily tied to smoking.

drat glad I'm no doctor, though, and just have an intensely focused interest in freaking myself out for no reason at all for fun.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

meatpimp posted:

It's Seafoam.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

This thread is weird.

wildemere
Nov 19, 2013
I knew a bloke just like this once.

It was the Mushrooms though. Fried his brain. Could not tolerate a TV switched on. Thought it was the thought police coming through the CRT. Switched them off wherever he went.

Good pinball player though.

OP is a cool dude, just "troubled"

He'll get over it eventually. With or without "medication"

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search of our better selves?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Actually nope, that's the hilarious part about the initial test results. The first two years I used tinder with an actual profile that was friendly and easily relatable with flattering pictures I did swipe right on literally everything and after deleting the cam bait and bot results, had a return of one single real person who swiped right, answered a hello message once, and never again. I actually had better luck, raw numberwise, with the butt dialed insanity plea in March left to an idle account that was left untouched until the ressurection and updating done yesterday, and then just swiped on a few that caught my eye for the hell of it.

In short,

This thread continues to amaze. On that note.

Take this advice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKO-ebWS4Ko

14 BAR RIFF posted:

It was the phone letting me know i had an active face book chat window shortcut. I had a friend read what I wrote and start to pep talk me as far as how I'm not as broken as I say I am or make myself out to be, but missing the specific vein of use I throw so casually around. It's not that I have become a bad person, or flawed to the point of being shunned from society entirely.

Im sure it's a shock to hear that a goon of all people, who grew up verging on morbidly obese with cystic acne who grew up bullied through his entire life because he fought against severe mental health problems he was lucky enough to be born with, happened to find difficulty in being able to be socially normailed and we'll travelled in the dating world. I laugh about being broken, because no matter when I was fat or at my fittest, employed or not, sober or not, medicated and stable or not, only ever asked to find someone to share my life with like everyone else in the world.

In my entire life, I can say I have had a grand total of 3 serious relationships, sprinkled with my fair share of simply right place right time moments of fleeting chance. I've had an OKC account since 2006, with a total of 2 dead end first dates, match.com declared me unable to be matched. Plenty of fish in the sea perhaps once, but I keep casting lines into Mono Lake and wondering how long until the beer runs out.

I have been told to my face that someone out there some day will be lucky to have me but as good as I am I just flat out did not spark a single flicker of desire. Each of the three serious ones cheated on me in the end, once out of distance, once because she said she just wanted to make sure there wasn't some one better out there and she was getting tied down to a life of boredom and routine, and once after literally saving a life and then getting her into treatment for a disease that let me watch the person I love die slowly before me every day for a year, because I didn't understand how hard it was being lonely.

So when I post about red flags and damage, this is all just out of comedic interest to find out if the joke about women only being interested in you when you're not available. I have absolutely zero intent to see any of these out, to have a rebound, to share what's left of my life with anyone else. It's like pursusing information out of scholastic interest. I'm broken in the sense that I have pieced myself back together, but the jagged shard that made me want to date is simply missing and as far as functionality goes is entirely cosmetic. So like all dead horses I so thoroughly enjoy beating, I wonder just how far I can push a dating profile past the point any reasonable person should ever be interested in and watch what happens

I'm about to turn 40, quit my job and move from Texas to Colorado at 29. I tried every dating site ever. Never got poo poo. Dated who I thought I was going to marry, she hosed 2 dudes behind my back, and that basically broke my ability to every care again. At least you get the good side of depression from time to time, I'm working on a solid 20 years of pure major depression, with the only think keeping me on the rails is lexapro, booze and knowing my mom would be destroyed if I Kurt Cobained.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 19, 2016

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

veedubfreak posted:

knowing my mom would be destroyed if I Kurt Cobained.

:respek:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

wildemere posted:

Good pinball player though.

OP is a cool dude, just "troubled"

He'll get over it eventually. With or without "medication"

My struggles with sobriety are absolutely not a question, but it is something I am actively in touch with my social workers over. As far as the body health side of things, I can promise you the never healing nails, among other quantifiable real physical issues, have persisted sober or not since December, become intensly painful, and I have followed doctors care to the letter and it's not unreasonable to only want the pain to stop. Whether or not anything is crawling is incidental, and i can deal with that. The pain, it gets old as gently caress honestly.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You should arrange to meet all those nice looking ladies.

At the same time.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Devise some variety of dating game and invite them.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
I always wondered how many women from the Internet could fit in a 1975 Honda Civic.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

triple clutcher posted:

I always wondered how many women from the Internet could fit in a 1975 Honda Civic.

Depends what part of the Internet. Tumblr/Livejournal? Possibly not even one.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I fit in that Honda, so maybe you're talking about the landscape mode ones not fitting rather than the portrait-of-a-phone-pole mode ones not fitting.

Also it turns out that the bus engines we looked at in the junkyard are Cummins C8.3-275Gs... the C8.3 means 8.3 liters, C series, inline 6. The 275 means 275 horsepower and an implied 2400rpm rev limiter (lower than what I want but maybe usable.) The G means... natural gas powered. :wtf: I didn't even realize there was a natgas C-series. Guess those engines are out of the running.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

kastein posted:

The G means... natural gas powered.

Carburetor would solve that issue awfully quick.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So how well does a carb work on a compression-ignition engine?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Natural gas engines have spark plugs. Cummins included.

Ignition system would be a bit of a bitch though, might be better off with megasquirt or w/e, just get some big fuckoff injectors.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ah, gotcha. I was under the impression that some natural gas engines were compression ignition, at least the ones that were based on a diesel engine. :downsgun:

Just confirms I know pretty much nothing about them.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Sure would, but I'm not spending 3-4k in engine and shipping to convert a diesel truck to natgas or carbureted gasoline, or the R&D and tuning to EFI convert it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
But it'd work for the Camaro right

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Now we're getting somewhere.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A camaro that sounds like (and weighs almost as much as) a city bus is the best possible camaro.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

A camaro that sounds like (and weighs almost as much as) a city bus is the best possible camaro.

So a fifth gen :crossarms:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

triple clutcher posted:

Depends on if they're on one piece or not.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
The Sexy Clown Car Challenge

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Sorry dude, you got a ticket on the civic. Was gonna pm you but she left before I could pull my phone. Not sure what you would have done though, I doubt she would have seen the error of her ways.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I parked this here loving YESTERDAY so who the gently caress are you

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

I'll testify in court if you want. I bike by your place on workdays and always note any updates on your cars.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How can anyone sleep at night knowing they are such a piece of poo poo that their only option in life is to hand out tickets to cars parked in 1 place too long.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

How can anyone sleep at night knowing they are such a piece of poo poo that their only option in life is to hand out tickets to cars parked in 1 place too long.

there's a car on my street that hasn't moved in a whole loving year and they won't ticket or tow it

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011
Ballards a funny place like that. If you have too many tickets and run a bicycle chop shop out of your RV they won't bother any more, if you pay your tickets they hammer away for anything. It's purely revenue generation and complete bullshit

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I wonder if the rear end in a top hat who got the causemaro towed saw me taking a pic of it parked in front of their house when we got back (so you'd have evidence that it was parked before the curb suddenly became yellow this time) and got bitter.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It does specify by complaint.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I managed to turn a group meeting with the topic of faith and forgiveness into discussions of nihilism and Kurt cobain

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I managed to turn a group meeting with the topic of faith and forgiveness into discussions of nihilism and Kurt cobain

You're doing the Lord's work, son.

... which Lord is a matter of debate.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Things I learned in therapy:

Anger can cause cancer

Free will is not an illusion that can coexist with an almighty who knows exactly where when and how you will fall before you're even born

The 12 steps work

The thirteenth step isn't a thing and doesn't exist

Peace can come if you let go of everything that hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

My respects to you, sir.

• Locked thread