Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Purchased a bunch of dongs. 25000 dongs for a Euro. Can barely hold all these dongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A new garage door opener:

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Purchased a bunch of dongs. 25000 dongs for a Euro. Can barely hold all these dongs.

am i crazy or is that a lot of dongs?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Bobcat in a Box sounds like it's working well.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I got Samsung'd again (rear wireless speakers wouldn't stay connected) so I returned everything and ordered a more traditional receiver + speakers.

quote:

The $899 HT-S7700 delivers a full 5.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos experience without requiring you to install speakers in your ceiling. The front left and right speakers have additional speakers on top of the cabinets that perform as Dolby Atmos height channels, bouncing sound off your ceiling. The Onkyo HT-R693 A/V receiver included in this package has seven HDMI inputs and two HDMI outputs, two of which are compatible with the latest version of digital copy protectionHDCP 2.2that youll find in 4K UHD video-playback devices, such as Ultra HD Blu-ray players.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I got Samsung'd again (rear wireless speakers wouldn't stay connected) so I returned everything and ordered a more traditional receiver + speakers.

When 5.1 came out I wondered what would be next, and then eventually 7.1 came out. Then I figured they'd just keep adding more speakers laterally all around the room. It never occurred to me the next step would be sound coming down from the ceiling. I guess the next step is obviously up from the floor, but what about after that?

I bought a usb 3.0 to SATA cable and a replacement battery for my UPS. Also new laces for wakeboard bindings.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

GopherFlats posted:

:catstare: holy poo poo I did not know this. Thank you goon sir for that. Are they usually listed on ingredients as a type of nut?

I've never seen it, I just started looking into spices and wondered why I'd use different peppers (after using white for the first time: it's just black with less fruity flavor, just heat.) On the wikipedia page it says they're related, but then says another plant is also often sold as pink pepper, and that one doesn't say anything about cashews. Reading about url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_nut_allergy]tree nut allergies[/url], though, it does mention that pistachios and cashews are very different allergens than walnuts and pecans, and that many people aren't allergic to both but are simply told to avoid all tree nuts for their safety.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

davebo posted:

When 5.1 came out I wondered what would be next, and then eventually 7.1 came out. Then I figured they'd just keep adding more speakers laterally all around the room. It never occurred to me the next step would be sound coming down from the ceiling. I guess the next step is obviously up from the floor, but what about after that?

Inside the couch, obviously.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

My first nerdy af shirt

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That actually makes me want to own a graphic tee. Nice.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

Inside the couch, obviously.

They already have motors you mount to your furniture to add bass feel.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
whats going on with that soap? Wouldn't you want a different soap for your skin than for a toilet?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

M42 posted:

My first nerdy af shirt

Don't link it or anything!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Pron on VHS posted:

whats going on with that soap? Wouldn't you want a different soap for your skin than for a toilet?

Did you look at the label? It's made by a crazy person. It's soap for crazy people. I grew up near where the company started (I have no idea where they actually make the soap now a days) and there were rumors about it being a cult and poo poo.

It's just soap though. Soap and elbow grease will clean most things.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Inzombiac posted:

Don't link it or anything!

Click the photo :ssh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Coffee And Pie posted:

Click the photo :ssh:

I saw that after I quoted it but was too embarrassed to say anything!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

I bought a suit. It's navy.

and a shirt. It's white.

and a tie. It's purple

and shoes. They're brown.

Because someone gave me a ticket to a Fundraiser with an open-bar where the dress-code is "Cocktail Chic" which apparently means a suit and I have to adult from time to time, and a dark suit is required for that.

I am shaped like an inverse triangle so suits are hard.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I am still recovering from a fractured heel. After the surgery, I had to wear this for eight weeks without bearing any weight on my foot:

About a month ago, the doctor gave me the go ahead to start bearing weight on it and everything has gone well.

At the last checkup, he wants to get me away from the boot and gave me one of these and to start walking in a regular shoe:

Since my foot continues to swell during the day (and will likely to do so for the net 9-12 months, I had to get a pair of these:

I can wear my regular shoe, but I have to unlace them far down enough to get my fat rear end foot into it. At least with these shoes, I can get in and out of them quickly.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Shanghaied posted:

Not according to US and international accounting standards and tax laws! The short version is basically, no matter what the dealer tells you, if the length of the lease is a substantial portion of the useful life of the car or if the value of your lease payments is a substantial portion of the value of the car or if you can buy the car cheap at the end of the lease, then it is finance lease, which as far as accounting, financing and taxation is concerned, is basically a purchase with a loan.

Okay enough boring accounting chat. Bought:

^^^^With a loan, you still maintain ownership of the car, but it is usually used as collateral for the loan, i.e. if you default, they take your car. It's still your car, but you've agreed that they can take it if you don't pay.

I like all your purchases and you make me smile at the future, where I have completed my accounting degree, have finished CPA and CFE and I have a job and I can afford new video cards and Dell monitors.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

black.lion posted:

I like all your purchases and you make me smile at the future, where I have completed my accounting degree, have finished CPA and CFE and I have a job and I can afford new video cards and Dell monitors.

'Sup accounting buddy! But lol if you think you'll have enough free time to enjoy all the fine possessions you can now afford. Me, I've gone full circle and am getting a PhD in accounting, where I... still don't have time to enjoy all my stuff :suicide:.

On that note, bought 1712 pages of Max Weber:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Coredump posted:

The Black Diamond one looks neat but they only have a small and I'm not seeing it around in other places, just the hybrid.

That too bad, it's an awesome hoodie and I wish I had bought a spare.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Couch for the new living room:

Carpeting tile for under the couch and my coffee table:

2x bedside lamps (might replace the shades with slightly wider ones, we'll see):

Console table for the entryway:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I got cranky at work and bought a really dumb thing.

It's a daiwa px 68, which is a Japanese finesse casting reel. It is an expensive and fussy thing that duplicates the functionality of a spinning reel that I already have. I also now need to drop two hundred bucks to buy a dumb rod so I can use it.

I managed to become a hipster idiot about fishing, christ what an rear end in a top hat.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

bongwizzard posted:

I got cranky at work and bought a really dumb thing.

It's a daiwa px 68, which is a Japanese finesse casting reel. It is an expensive and fussy thing that duplicates the functionality of a spinning reel that I already have. I also now need to drop two hundred bucks to buy a dumb rod so I can use it.

I managed to become a hipster idiot about fishing, christ what an rear end in a top hat.

It's ok.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Been watching a lot of soccer so I bought a soccer ball. Haven't kicked one in a decade or so.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Shanghaied posted:

'Sup accounting buddy! But lol if you think you'll have enough free time to enjoy all the fine possessions you can now afford. Me, I've gone full circle and am getting a PhD in accounting, where I... still don't have time to enjoy all my stuff :suicide:.

On that note, bought 1712 pages of Max Weber:

But we'll have a decent chance of retiring at some point so, one day... one day we can enjoy our stuff! What's the focus of your PhD? What's Weber on about? Heard him referred to reading other Frankfurt School peeps, maybe I'll check him out sometime after I read 200 pages of textbooks :suicide::respek::suicide:

black.lion has a new favorite as of 14:13 on Sep 18, 2016

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
My toilet bowl will now light up for me so I don't have to turn the lights on in the middle of the night.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J1N1YTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
That looks fun to clean.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

beefnoodle posted:

That looks fun to clean.

Lol goons and cleaning.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Sandman Omnibus volumes 1 and 2

I got a little carried away with my comic book omnibus collecting.

X-men by Chris Claremont and Jim Lee Volume 1

New X-men

Deadpool & Cable

X-Force

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Sep 19, 2016

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Digital Jedi posted:

Been watching a lot of soccer so I bought a soccer ball. Haven't kicked one in a decade or so.

Nice! I did the exact same thing with tennis earlier this year and find some people to pay with, and now I'm out playing regularly again. It's so easy to let that kind of stuff fall by the wayside once you're out of school and organized sports, but it's hands down the best thing to pick back up as a adult.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

It's just money right?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Sandman Omnibus volumes 1 and 2

obi_ant posted:

It's just money right?

:hfive:

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Because I am dumb and want 'the best' of everything including book 1 of a collection of a series I know basically nothing about yet. :saddowns:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

After many production delays this finally arrived:

Pocket CHIP, it's a linux based computer and is pretty rad. ARM based so it's got pretty good support from the Raspberry PI crowd, GPIO up the top and is only $70. So far it's a magnificent GBA emulator.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

FirstPlayer posted:

Because I am dumb and want 'the best' of everything including book 1 of a collection of a series I know basically nothing about yet. :saddowns:

Doesn't really amp up until the 2nd series.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Got me some quality lock picks to replace my cheap DealExtreme $6 set. My boss declared me our company locksmith so I can even carry my picks around but I likely won't be doing that.

Also went to the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and scooped up some cheap surplus locks to practice on.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Oddhair posted:

Got me some quality lock picks to replace my cheap DealExtreme $6 set. My boss declared me our company locksmith so I can even carry my picks around but I likely won't be doing that.

Also went to the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and scooped up some cheap surplus locks to practice on.

Are you Dwight Schrute?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

A new garage door opener:

I bought this last week:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

New Vinyl Day!