Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
what songs does pitbull do

ive listened to commercial radio before (not by choice) so i might recognise one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he says mr worldwide and mr 305 before every song and dale a lot

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
i dont like pitbull™

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Fauxtool posted:

he says mr worldwide and mr 305 before every song and dale a lot

I thought that was Wesley Willis.

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!
Double.

Soodonim fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 18, 2016

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont know who that is.
Way to date yourself old man, leave the internet to the young

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

XMNN posted:

its amazing how quickly breed temperaments and behaviours suddenl y arent a thing when you go from discussing herding dogs wanting to herd and pointing dogs wanting to point to saying that maybe fighting dogs want to fight

Dog racist.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

fixed that for you

Edgy. I do agree with the overall sentiment that people who own murderdogs are responsible for the behavior of said murderdogs. Ignorance is no excuse.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

XMNN posted:

its amazing how quickly breed temperaments and behaviours suddenl y arent a thing when you go from discussing herding dogs wanting to herd and pointing dogs wanting to point to saying that maybe fighting dogs want to fight

Wow that's the dumbest thing I've heard all year. Grats on being an idiot

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Since most people get pitbulls to announce to the world "I am human garbage and I don't give a gently caress", perhaps if there was less stigma attached pitbull ownership would decrease.

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

Carmant posted:

Wow that's the dumbest thing I've heard all year. Grats on being an idiot

Really? Pit bulls weren't bred to fight? What does the "pit" part of the breed name refer to? :allears:

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lady needs a taller chair for dinner time

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.
The problem really is that pit bulls are genetically predisposed to violence. Also that they're notorious holocaust deniers. Usually when they've been in a fight it's because they're barking on about how the ovens were too small (AS USUAL), then a border collie or whatever speaks up and says "that's not cool man", and before you know it someone's getting a face bit off.

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Pitbulls are heartwarming and friendly dogs who are midunders oops ate my kid

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

Really? Pit bulls weren't bred to fight? What does the "pit" part of the breed name refer to? :allears:

The pit they would put them into to fight the bulls idiot

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
They should pour caustic acid all over pitbulls and pitbull owners.

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

Soodonim posted:

Hint: the modifier that belongs in front of "pit" starts with an "f" and ends with "ighting".

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

Carmant posted:

The pit they would put them into to fight the bulls idiot

How would you evaluate your performance in this Internet debate?

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

NotWearingPants posted:

Since most people get pitbulls to announce to the world "I am human garbage and I don't give a gently caress", perhaps if there was less stigma attached pitbull ownership would decrease.

Good point. They just need a replacement symbol to identify with. I'm thinking maybe Truck Nutz belt buckles.

Oh. And T-shirts and bumper stickers that say "My other car is also a house trailer".

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

How would you evaluate your performance in this Internet debate?

Are you dense?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Tiberius Christ posted:

rename pitbull to murderdog

when you think about it, it's easier if pitbulls just go away

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

Carmant posted:

Are you dense?

Says the person who has difficulty answering a simple question.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Soodonim posted:

Says the person who has difficulty answering a simple question.

What question are you even talking about

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

lmfao

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Cerebral Mayhem posted:

The problem is a complicated one, but the two big factors need to be addressed:

1) Shady rescues that don't adequately evaluate their dogs or in some cases deliberately conceal problems before adopting them out to novice owners, all for the holy cause of "Saving Them All".
http://www.naiaonline.org/articles/article/mission-creep-dog-rescues-and-animal-shelters-risk-public-health-and-safety

2) Most people are TERRIBLE when it comes to reading dog body language. I've watched videos of dogs that bit someone, and leading up to the bite I could tell there was something wrong by the dog's body language. Very few dogs actually attack without some kind of warning. I remember a year or so ago some woman posted what she thought was a cute picture of her baby kissing her dog. She didn't understand why everybody found it horrifying.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2016/02/invisible-signals-why-parental-supervision-isnt-enough/

May I save this pic?

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

Carmant posted:

May I save this pic?

Sure the picture's been all over the place and is also linked in the article. I remember seeing it on Facebook.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Look at my dog performing the baseline for acceptable dog behavior! Isn't he just an amazing and wonderful dog? I told you pit bulls aren't bad, mine met the bare minimum requirements to partake in civilization!

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Soodonim posted:

Good friend had to have leg surgery and will forever have a limp. His pit bull and his daughter's pit bull (dogs were siblings btw) hadn't seen each other in a year or so. One viciously attacked the other, and when my buddy tried to break it up his own dog savaged his leg.

Rule one of a dog fight is that if you interfere you will get shredded regardless of the breed of dog.

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

I like to imagine all the salad people know each other and they are eating out of one big bowl of communal salad

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Did I mention my pitbull's farts? They're horrifying.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

My Q-Face posted:

Rule one of a dog fight is that if you interfere you will get shredded regardless of the breed of dog.

tbf an italian greyhound s going to do a lot less shredding than say a german shepherd due to the anatomical differences between the breeds, maybe a nipped finger vs a torn open hand this is basic physics and physiology really

Soodonim
Jul 3, 2007

woooosh!

My Q-Face posted:

Can't really argue with that. Point is these dogs were litter mates raised together for most of their lives, and they tried to kill each other for no apparent reason after being apart for less than a year.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Is pitbull stigma the tooth marks left on ur arm after the bad type of dog bites you?

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

XMNN posted:

tbf an italian greyhound s going to do a lot less shredding than say a german shepherd due to the anatomical differences between the breeds, maybe a nipped finger vs a torn open hand this is basic physics and physiology really

I'm not aware of a dog that is bred for weak bite force. If you are conditioning dogs to fight they can and will gently caress you up pretty badly regardless of whether it's a "harmless" breed. One bred to be a fighter is obviously going to be worse and more likely to bite and keep biting rather than bite and retreat, but you interrupt a dogfight at your own peril regardless of breed. A freakin' whippet has enough biteforce to tear up your hand at the very least.

And yes, there are problem whippets/greyhounds. They're probably the most abused breeds in this area after Pits. Rotts and Dobies just aren't as popular among sleazebags and racing wasn't illegalized that long ago.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

A Stupid Baby posted:

I'm not aware of a dog that is bred for weak bite force.

Um, all retrievers. That's the whole point of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friginator
May 13, 2014

by zen death robot

• Locked thread