Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

elf help book posted:

i talked to a squirrel and he handed me a seed of magic

me to.

e: Too*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

the insane accents are so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

that guy wants to gently caress his cat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope theres a bigger German one later, bummed that it was a tiny island with one village and no story.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

that guy wants to gently caress his cat

i stand with the mayor

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The dixieland island is pretty good, It was fun being able to try anr piece together what happened without the game ouright saying it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

i stand with the mayor

Hmm the translation seems real good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

tumor looking batty posted:

Hmm the translation seems real good

It's amazing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i didnt mean to but i played dragon quest 7 all day

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i didnt mean to but i played dragon quest 7 all day

This.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got a healslime heart and I can turn one of my party members into a healslime. Also I love the travelers tablet stuff, it's nice to just do some story free dungeon crawling in between the narrative arcs on each island. I haven't found the guy who runs the monster meadows though so I can start generating my own.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I got a healslime heart and I can turn one of my party members into a healslime. Also I love the travelers tablet stuff, it's nice to just do some story free dungeon crawling in between the narrative arcs on each island. I haven't found the guy who runs the monster meadows though so I can start generating my own.

The only one of these mechanics that I'm familiar with is the tablet thing and it pwns. All that other poo poo sounds epic as hell too. This game is ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

im quitting work to play dragon quest full time

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

im quitting work to play dragon quest full time

I'm kinda sick so I'm thinking about calling in Wednesday so I can play SMTIV Apocalypse all day long

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Mamma mia! This town, is peopled purely with animali!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The metal slimes run from you in the field which is a cute touch

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

elf help book posted:

Just got to the swedish village, and was steeling myself for them throwing umlauts over letters randomly, I was positively surprised. The translators have put in some work into their silly accents.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Heaps up rediscover: Greenthumb Gardens, which the island immediately after the robot castle, is probably the only part of the game I didn't like and can get kind of frustating, so, stay strong.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i liked when the german accents said tschussi i was not expecting it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the streetpass guy said i have too man street passes active and have to disable one da fugg even after i spent 300 years deciding that i'm a lazy roguish sommnelier

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i like that the only location ive seen so far that didnt have funny accents was the egyptian one where every npc was dark skinned and wearing a turban and spoke perfect american english lol.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the estard and pilchard english isn't very goofy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

one thing i appreciate is that the exit/stairs sound has basically stayed the same since the nes dq1 accross every game,

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

one thing i appreciate is that the exit/stairs sound has basically stayed the same since the nes dq1 accross every game,

I think almost every sound is. at least, theyve gone back and used the same sounds for every remake/rerelease for the last 15 years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Last year i played through DQ 1 through 8 in order and it was like 200 hours of the same sound effects

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Heaps up rediscover: Greenthumb Gardens, which the island immediately after the robot castle, is probably the only part of the game I didn't like and can get kind of frustating, so, stay strong.

Ya so far I'm just dealing with this gently caress tard and his realtionship problems

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Last year i played through DQ 1 through 8 in order and it was like 200 hours of the same sound effects

and now you have 7 for 200 more

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the arts making me wanna reread dr slump

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

resetting over and over again til i get optimal seed of strength rolls FTW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol that's not really necessary because a) the game isn't that difficult and b) you can grind infinite seeds later if you want

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Lol that's not really necessary because a) the game isn't that difficult and b) you can grind infinite seeds later if you want

Ya after the first reset I realized that the time vs reward ratio was garbage but then i got 3 +3 strength rolls in a row so i got the benefits anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Praise RNGeesus.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

gently caress... I'm missing a tablet piece for the next area. -.- I really don't want to have to comb over every fuckin where I've been so far looking for it.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Woah. Menu -> Info -> Next Tablet Fragment tells you where to go for the next piece. This game is epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yup. Also, you almost never have to backtrack for fragments so just sweep the island after you solved the problems and then revisit it in the present and you'll find all the fragments you need to progress

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the present version of each island also has treasure chests in the same spots, so you can immediatly get more loot as well.

This is great for areas that lose all mosnter spawns in the present

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Im on my way to the mountains and they put a church on the world map out in the middle of nowhere just cause it'd be convenient for the player and theres a little cat that heals your party when you talk to it lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Time to unlocking vocations: 14:16. The real DQ7 starts here..

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Lol just kidding. I got tricked by a bad guy. Should've known it wouldn't be that easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rediscover posted:

Lol just kidding. I got tricked by a bad guy. Should've known it wouldn't be that easy

Tricked again into thinking you had a job. Millennial life is hard

• Locked thread