Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Robot Lincoln posted:

Interstellar is essentially Contact from the lame alien dad's point of view
It reminded me a lot of contact too!

The move could have been way better. IT felt like m night shamlyn wrote it or jj abrams before he got his star wars poo poo together.

Just give me 2 hours of mchangny Rust Choling it through the Galaxy with the 2 robots. Makle 2 more sequels of that and I'll guarentee you my money in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Dislike button posted:

3 of the best action movies of the last several years are dredd, John wick, and mad max

I almost got in an argument with this chick once about Fury Road. She was talking about the new Ghostbusters and how she thought it was a Very Important Movie because it was "probably the first action movie with a strong female lead that isn't overtly sexualized". So I asked her if she had seen Fury Road and she said "yeah, but I didn't really like it and the female lead was sexualized in that one too." I sat there scratching my head a bit trying to figure out how the hell Furiosa could be anything but a butchy badass but I let it go. Then I brought up Aliens, which has pretty much one of the most heavy handed feminist subtexts in any movie ever, and she said "that's even worse, one of the very first scenes had her in her underwear". I guess I missed the memo about how wearing underwear while sleeping is somehow sexual. Also missed the memo about Feminism not being sex-positive/sex-neutral but I guess that's not for me to decide as a penis-haver.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sophian posted:

I almost got in an argument with this chick once about Fury Road. She was talking about the new Ghostbusters and how she thought it was a Very Important Movie because it was "probably the first action movie with a strong female lead that isn't overtly sexualized". So I asked her if she had seen Fury Road and she said "yeah, but I didn't really like it and the female lead was sexualized in that one too." I sat there scratching my head a bit trying to figure out how the hell Furiosa could be anything but a butchy badass but I let it go. Then I brought up Aliens, which has pretty much one of the most heavy handed feminist subtexts in any movie ever, and she said "that's even worse, one of the very first scenes had her in her underwear". I guess I missed the memo about how wearing underwear while sleeping is somehow sexual. Also missed the memo about Feminism not being sex-positive/sex-neutral but I guess that's not for me to decide as a penis-haver.

lol i have opinions on this post but i wanna see what the rest of the thread is gonna do.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
please tell us about your superior taste in music again sophian

or just get out

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

hello i am draw bird

thats my bird thanks

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

the little girl in stranger things was inspired/encouraged by furiosa, so thats p cool

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/16/stranger-things-duffer-brothers-episode-2

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

nice space ball

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

keyboard vomit posted:

hello i am draw bird

thats my bird thanks

cool bird pic imo

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

after all these years i finally understand copypasta

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol if you saw Kingsman your hat must have burst into flames

added torrent to queue

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sophian posted:

people get way overeager to denounce stuff sometimes

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i'm watching kung pow and trying to write a short report

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Shaggar posted:

Keanu Reeves is our greatest living actor. I wanted to see the movie in theaters immediately after seeing the trailer but then I forgot about it and it was gone after like a 2 month run.

i don't agree but i applaud you making such a bold statement

keyboard vomit posted:

hello i am draw bird

thats my bird thanks

that's a good bird

well done

Sophian posted:

please don't let your friends dumb ideas ruin this thred

Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is the greatest movie character of all time IMHO. my SC2 username is "EllenRipley" and i play zerg :D
completely serious

Robot Pride fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 19, 2016

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

TontoCorazon posted:

The beginning of John Wick was a huge surprise for me. I knew there was going to be some cool combat going on, but the first 15 minutes was an emotional roller coaster.

i thought it was so predictable and boring i turned the movie off before anything could even happen

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i want to watch john wick very badly for the technical + gun work but i cannot bring myself to watch it cause pupper. And i don't even like dogs.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I was sure John Wick was going to be terrible because of them spamming the hell out of twitter about it. glad I went and saw it anyways

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

i could handle John Wick because I am an adult and know when things arent "real life". Also I was disappointed in the lack of squibs. Otherwise it was a really solid movie with way more character and originality than I was expecting

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

i want to watch john wick very badly for the technical + gun work but i cannot bring myself to watch it cause pupper. And i don't even like dogs.

i felt bad about the dog even tho i am not a dog person

just watch keanu instead frankly

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Robot Pride posted:

i don't agree but i applaud you making such a bold statement

that's a good bird

well done

Lieutenant Ellen Ripley is the greatest movie character of all time IMHO. my SC2 username is "EllenRipley" and i play zerg :D
completely serious

:keke:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fayez Butts posted:

i could handle John Wick because I am an adult and know when things arent "real life". Also I was disappointed in the lack of squibs. Otherwise it was a really solid movie with way more character and originality than I was expecting

Thanks, as a literal retarded child I will take your Pro Film Watching Tips to heart and strive to achieve them someday.

Appreciate brave fellows like you going in there against all odds

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Jonny 290 posted:

the start of the movie, although it's /really/ well written, can be skipped if you just want to watch the cool poo poo happen.
it's not really brought up again, and none of it is super important other than ~motivation~

also Ripley is responsible for more women realising they're lesbians than you could possibly imagine

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/overwatch_exe/status/777681154354753536

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the dog in john wick is the cutest ever to really drive it home

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Jonny 290 posted:

Thanks, as a literal retarded child I will take your Pro Film Watching Tips to heart and strive to achieve them someday.

Appreciate brave fellows like you going in there against all odds

the pupper thing is rough but it is over quickly and is well done. or just skip forward a few minutes from when he goes to bed to when it's over

Sophian
Jun 16, 2007
I'm nothing.

Robot Pride posted:

completely serious

I guess the point of my story is that people have strange ideas and it's important to not take it too personally. I loving loved Aliens way before I became a feminist so it was a bummer that this chick didn't share my enthusiasm for that movie or Fury Road. But movie opinions are not very important in the grand scheme of things so that's why I didn't say anything. But she still had a very wrong opinion, though

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

https://twitter.com/RichardDreyfuss/status/769990752667574278

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

and i just realized the shirt i am wearing this very moment laying in bed reading da pos:

and one of my cat's names is Jones

p sure i need some pro help

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the pupper thing is rough but it is over quickly and is well done. or just skip forward a few minutes from when he goes to bed to when it's over

i cried like a whole lot because a) its a beagle b) one of my beagles had died that year
dogs are so good

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

i'm watching kung pow and trying to write a short report

WEEEOOOOO

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Shaggar posted:

the dog in john wick is the cutest ever to really drive it home

unrealistic standards of dog beauty

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Working with a dog whose character gets brutally killed made everyone on set emotional.

“The whole time you’re thinking, ‘Oh my God, how sad,’” says Krafsky. The actor playing the pup’s killer, Omer Barnea, had a hard time, too.

“He felt horrible,” she recalls. “Every time the director yelled cut, he just picked up the dog and cuddled him.”

loooool

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I'm not a dog person either but Keanu was killing it that whole scene. I also love that the tragedy was a pretty short part of the whole movie.

On the suggestion of other goons I'm gonna watch Dredd next, I'm going in blind so goons better not disappoint.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

TontoCorazon posted:

I'm going in blind so goons better not disappoint.

you lucky bastard

keep an eye out for the guy with the wig

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/pakushi1987/status/769439421976289280

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

me when I get my cheque

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

me when I get my cheque

i don't see that bird re-regging ten times for anime bans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Trig Discipline posted:

i don't see that bird re-regging ten times for anime bans

:supaburn: