Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I'm going to assume that in a year, this will be one of those things they'll all have quietly agreed not to talk about .

Like when they all became convinced they were Neanderthals and went on about Thals being oppressed by Cro-Mags

Depends on the results of the election. If Trump wins it'll be all Kek all the time. More dudes with henna stuff going on as a result of Egyptian mythos gaining ascendancy would be pretty cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

are you saying the forces of international Jewry is Jewness? or some how the international Jew represents the national Jews?
My problem is the Rothschilds, the Rockerfellers, the Oppenheims, the Goldmans, the Warburgs, not your average Jew.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I hope he gets mauled by a snow leopard, personally.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Pomp posted:

are you saying the forces of international Jewry is Jewness? or some how the international Jew represents the national Jews?
My problem is the Rothschilds, the Rockerfellers, the Oppenheims, the Goldmans, the Warburgs, not your average Jew.
What the gently caress is wrong with you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftc_Pbhb3IE

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
His problem is that he's not Lottery of Babylon.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cher is the best Weird Twitter Person and she doesn't even know it

e: This one's probably :nws: due to... uh... pepe drawn as a horse with another pepe riding it giving it an erection while it pisses and shits itself... I guess?
https://twitter.com/cher/status/777014713511088128

https://twitter.com/cher/status/777011836545671169

Shame Boy has a new favorite as of 07:45 on Sep 17, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I like that TERFs have gotten to the point where even Cher is owning them

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

e: This one's probably :nws: due to... uh... pepe drawn as a horse with another pepe riding it giving it an erection while it pisses and shits itself... I guess?

i'm how mad they are in the replies

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

What the gently caress

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Chers cool

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Yeah she just sort of does her own weird incoherent thing on twitter all the time, I genuinely like it :shobon:

e: My mom met her once, in the 70's-80's I think. They had dinner together with some other friends (my mom was dating an LA lawyer who once represented Jerry Garcia or something like that so they got to go to some nice dinner parties sometimes). All she remembers is that "she was very thin and didn't say anything to anyone the whole time and was really visibly high"

Shame Boy has a new favorite as of 00:02 on Sep 18, 2016

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
yeah, when Cher linked the RationalWiki article on TERFs it was a wakeup call for us to make the article a bit less lovely. (Because it is pretty much the readable go-to on the subject.) The server held up fine, the twitter notifications were unusable until I muted half the feckwits.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

ew, i knew the dreamkeepers guys were bad, but i hadn't thought they'd sink to that level.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Where is milo posting from now? That's not twitter. Is it facebook?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jack Gladney posted:

Where is milo posting from now? That's not twitter. Is it facebook?

It's Gab. The lovely twitter knock-off they made just for him

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

gab.ai posted:

GAB.
What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist. — Salman Rushdie

It's funny how precious people who want to own slaves and rape women and who think other races are less deserving of having decent life chances get about their right to free speech.

Also lol at them literally constructing their own safe spaces like gab and voat.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

TomViolence posted:

It's funny how precious people who want to own slaves and rape women and who think other races are less deserving of having decent life chances get about their right to free speech.

Also lol at them literally constructing their own safe spaces like gab and voat.

imo, an iranian cleric should issue a fatwa calling for the death of vox day

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

It looks a lot like Facebook to me. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they'd just ripped off Facebook's UI.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i

divabot posted:

yeah, when Cher linked the RationalWiki article on TERFs it was a wakeup call for us to make the article a bit less lovely. (Because it is pretty much the readable go-to on the subject.) The server held up fine, the twitter notifications were unusable until I muted half the feckwits.

i just clicked through a whole bunch of articles in a wikihole episode and i ended up on the comics code authority one and i would like to protest the site's depiction of the CCA as an actual well meaning attempt to forestall government censorship of the industry when it was in fact written largely based on the suggestions of DC to target their stiffest competition

namaste

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah, the comic code was designed to gently caress EC Comics with surgical precision.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

TomViolence posted:

The whole of libertarianism/hard right thought/neoreaction is a search for safe spaces where the right people have control and they don't face criticism for their thoughts and opinions. It's a coward's philosophy, steeped in fear and deliberate ignorance. Knowing that they are wrong, they seek to avoid argument or challenge, believing with the faith of a man drowning that they are only wrong, only racist, only sexist, only stupid, if someone else tells them that they are, and as long as they don't hear it it's not true.

And then there's someone like Forney who is actually three overstuffed sacks of damp waste paper on each other's shoulders, wearing dad's jacket, trying to get into an adult movie without ID so that no-one will judge them for masturbating in public.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Somfin posted:

The whole of libertarianism/hard right thought/neoreaction is a search for safe spaces where the right people have control and they don't face criticism for their thoughts and opinions.

See also: National Review: The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf

It is a great, great article, no matter your political leaning.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

See also: National Review: The Conservative Media Echo Chamber Is Making the Right Intellectually Deaf

It is a great, great article, no matter your political leaning.

The core idea of the article is not wrong but it is hysterically funny to read it in the National Review - the even more irontight bubble of people completely clueless about their supposed audience.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I love the whimpering and blubbering about Romney's campaign that starts with this whopper:

quote:

In addition to not knowing much about the scandals above, most Americans had no idea that the sad state of economic affairs prevailing in 2012 had almost nothing to do with George W. Bush.

To be honest I am not sure which part of the right is extreme anymore, they're all so loving delusional.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
More NaB delays, arse!

Phil Sandifer posted:

The Neoreaction a Basilisk print editions are currently being delayed by the fact that Createspace’s automatic file checkers are complaining that my page numbering is erratic. I don’t have any page numbering - it’s just interpreting the numbers on the original Blake plates that I taped things on as page numbers.

I’ll be on the phone with them Monday trying to explain this, but based on my past experiences with Createspace, I doubt this is going to go well.

/sigh

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Somfin posted:

The whole of libertarianism/hard right thought/neoreaction is a search for safe spaces where the right people have control and they don't face criticism for their thoughts and opinions. It's a coward's philosophy, steeped in fear and deliberate ignorance. Knowing that they are wrong, they seek to avoid argument or challenge, believing with the faith of a man drowning that they are only wrong, only racist, only sexist, only stupid, if someone else tells them that they are, and as long as they don't hear it it's not true.

And then there's someone like Forney who is actually three overstuffed sacks of damp waste paper on each other's shoulders, wearing dad's jacket, trying to get into an adult movie without ID so that no-one will judge them for masturbating in public.

Freaks create

*stares deep into the middle-distance for a few minutes*

Progs... occupy

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Freaks create

*stares deep into the middle-distance for a few minutes*

Progs... occupy

And conservatives retreat.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
So TJ, the Amazing Atheist, has pretty much dropped the pre-tense of trying to even be reasonable and has openly supported voting for trump.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Ash Crimson posted:

So TJ, the Amazing Atheist, has pretty much dropped the pre-tense of trying to even be reasonable and has openly supported voting for trump.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Has Trump ever filmed himself pouring hot oil on his dick though, the public has a right to know

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

He is indeed a man of the people.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

fatherboxx posted:

The core idea of the article is not wrong but it is hysterically funny to read it in the National Review - the even more irontight bubble of people completely clueless about their supposed audience.
I have a hard time taking anything seriously that refers to Good Morning America and The Today Show as "lean left."

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Yeah, the comic code was designed to gently caress EC Comics with surgical precision.

its important to know that comics up till that point had been dominated by superheroes in general and dc in specific. they had a habit of buying out any competition that they couldn't just smash into oblivion. EC appealed to an entirely different taste and post-ww2 people weren't buying the squeaky clean superheroes anymore

so dc saw an opportunity with the decency hearings and squashed the gently caress out of the one company that outsold them at that point.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

pookel posted:

I have a hard time taking anything seriously that refers to Good Morning America and The Today Show as "lean left."

Don't they sometimes have LGBT people on in a way that respects those guests' identities? Because that's literally all it takes to be left- leaning.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

Yes ::unsmigghh: Let the alt right atheists receal their true colors, my desire for the destruction of the youtube atheist community will not be sated until they become literal nazis and therefore become everything the fundamentalist christians claim them to be.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Annointed posted:

Yes ::unsmigghh: Let the alt right atheists receal their true colors, my desire for the destruction of the youtube atheist community will not be sated until they become literal nazis and therefore become everything the fundamentalist christians claim them to be.

The fundamentalist christians are voting for trump too.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Moving through internet atheism is a valuable trial for smug young nerds hoping to reach adulthood. Those who succeed embrace cultural criticism, women, and humility in a way that enables full participation in village life. Those who fail are condemned to an eternity as wailing ghosts moaning out from within youtube windows about video game feminism and the Muslim hordes.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
Look at this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/rabite/status/775506596759736320

A not-smallish part of me hopes Aurenheimer dies in a cage like an animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Jack Gladney posted:

Moving through internet atheism is a valuable trial for smug young nerds hoping to reach adulthood. Those who succeed embrace cultural criticism, women, and humility in a way that enables full participation in village life. Those who fail are condemned to an eternity as wailing ghosts moaning out from within youtube windows about video game feminism and the Muslim hordes.
Young female nerds have a different rite of passage to adulthood through internet atheism than the males, though, one that involves learning that they will never be considered full members of the atheist tribe. They must choose whether to accept their fate and become a "cool girl, not like all those OTHER girls," or take the path of feminism and be forever derided by their former friends as a screeching feminazi.