Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

MikeJF posted:

With me and the igni sign, there's a lot of quests for that. :flame:

There's that one section in lower velen where there are like 7 massive piles of remains next to some dead town, each their own inert Granfalloon, that I quite enjoyed lighting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Jerusalem posted:

For me Roche's path delved a little more deeply into the politics side of things as opposed to the war/rebellion on Iorveth's side. I found that really interesting plus Roche is cool as gently caress :c00l:

Right, but is it worth spending another two evenings playing through Roche, or should I start Witcher 3 regardless? :O

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Zoolooman posted:

Right, but is it worth spending another two evenings playing through Roche, or should I start Witcher 3 regardless? :O

start W3

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Zoolooman posted:

you can start 3 but at least read the comic that comes with hearts of stone so you don't spend the whole game wondering what happened to all your elf bros and dragons.

i'd still recommend playing roche path for story stuff if you're really into it. you could blast through the combat on easy and there is no instant death bullshit on that path.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful

Vikar Jerome posted:

you can start 3 but at least read the comic that comes with hearts of stone so you don't spend the whole game wondering what happend to all your elf bros and dragons.

Is Hearts of Stone written assuming Roche is canon? D: Cause I was so happy that I broke the spell on Saskia and Iorveth was my bro.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Zoolooman posted:

Is Hearts of Stone written assuming Roche is canon? D: Cause I was so happy that I broke the spell on Saskia and Iorveth was my bro.

whatever you import is canon but the comic book clears a few things up, i don't know if you get it on steam but it came with the gog download for heart of stone but doesn't tie into the dlc.

edit: you do get it on steam! it's in main dir, in the hearts of stone extra in, you guessed it, the comic folder. Saskia_comic_online_EN.pdf (yeah i somehow managed to own all 3 games on both steam and gog but i don't care, cdpr earnt it)

edit2: oh read the comic you get with blood and wine too, it gets mentioned early on during a convo in witcher 3 and its set right before this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 18, 2016

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Zoolooman posted:

Play Roche's path, you've not finished the game until you've done both and you don't know everything that's happened, after the first act they are completely different to so it wont be like you're doing the same stuff again. Although you dont need the background to enjoy Witcher 3 I think the things you learn in Roche's path are more pertinent to the story than what you learn in Iorveth's.

Lawnie
Sep 6, 2006

That is my helmet
Give it back
you are a lion
It doesn't even fit
Grimey Drawer

Vikar Jerome posted:

whatever you import is canon but the comic book clears a few things up, i don't know if you get it on steam but it came with the gog download for heart of stone but doesn't tie into the dlc.

edit: you do get it on steam! it's in main dir, in the hearts of stone extra in, you guessed it, the comic folder. Saskia_comic_online_EN.pdf (yeah i somehow managed to own all 3 games on both steam and gog but i don't care, cdpr earnt it)

edit2: oh read the comic you get with blood and wine too, it gets mentioned early on during a convo in witcher 3 and its set right before this trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0i88t0Kacs

Any way to access these on PS4? I'm always cramming more Geralt into my life, may as well peruse some comics, too.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Finished B&W and aw shucks what an adorable ending.

Him and Yennefer in the "be it ever so humble" quest is a great epilogue - it just feels really nice to end it well in such nasty world. Yennefer going "well poo poo I can actually chill now" was great haha

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
The ending of B&W with Ciri having been Queen in Training was really lackluster and disappointing. It was good to see her again, but I mean, come on. :mad:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Drifter posted:

The ending of B&W with Ciri having been Queen in Training was really lackluster and disappointing. It was good to see her again, but I mean, come on. :mad:

Oh, what happens? No one I know went for that ending in vanilla W3, so this is genuinely the first I've heard of it. I got the ending where semi-Witcher Ciri drops by and is just like "yeah this place can do with some work, but then it'll be a great place to retire"...right after I blew a fortune upgrading every part of the estate. Way to ruin the mood, Ciri! :v:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

She's right, the house is still a bit of a shitpile even with new plaster and some nice furniture.

The Roche path contains a lot more Radovid, so it's more relevant for the 3rd game.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Transmetropolitan posted:

Finished B&W and aw shucks what an adorable ending.

Him and Yennefer in the "be it ever so humble" quest is a great epilogue - it just feels really nice to end it well in such nasty world. Yennefer going "well poo poo I can actually chill now" was great haha

I liked how the next time you go into your bedroom you see she's moved in her unicorn.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Biggest thing missing in this game is a few dozen more beard and hair styles. :arghfist: more geralt barbie, damnit

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

My local post office has Geralt stamp so if anyone want some let me know. Just remember that the stamp is 6 PLN and shipping will likely be around 10 PLN. 1$ is around 3,75 PLN.

alex314 fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 19, 2016

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh my god Private Slate the Rock Troll best character in game.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

MikeJF posted:

Biggest thing missing in this game is a few dozen more beard and hair styles. :arghfist: more geralt barbie, damnit

On that note, make dyes less expensive and available from the start!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Especially after this utter troll of an april fools.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
God, gently caress Pierre the taylor in Beauclair. He plays a Nilfgaard deck with all the spy cards and I play Northern Realms so the match took forever to finish because of the sheer number of cards that ended up in both hands. Round 2 was the worst because the medics came into play to bring back discarded spies.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Skellige is pretty good in those situations. Crach, the Shuffler, is a Nilfgaard bane.

Also, Skellige benefits more than anyone else from going the distance, which is what Nilfgaard would usually do.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Digirat posted:

The bowl cut is in blood and wine, you can get it from the barber you can rescue in the city.

I believe the others are in a mod i saw somewhere on the nexus.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

kim jong-illin posted:

God, gently caress Pierre the taylor in Beauclair. He plays a Nilfgaard deck with all the spy cards and I play Northern Realms so the match took forever to finish because of the sheer number of cards that ended up in both hands. Round 2 was the worst because the medics came into play to bring back discarded spies.

Oh god I know exactly what you mean now.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
That poo poo is my favorite. I have um.. 5 spies? and 3 decoys in my deck. 2 medic-types as well. I love when I get to round two and see that I've got like 8 cards left in my whole deck.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I hate anyone who plays gwent like me. Holy poo poo that nilfgaardian deck at the passiflora gwent tournament.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Man, cosplay gets realer and realer. If you're are a Keira Metz fan:

The rest of the pictures get, uh, a little racy: Gallery 1, Gallery 2. :nws:

I guess someone should do a naked eyeliner bishi Geralt next, just so that everyone gets to have fun.

Nycticeius
Feb 25, 2008

This is the part when you try to stop me and I beat the hell out of you.

10 Beers posted:

On that note, make dyes less expensive and available from the start!

Quoting myself from a few pages back:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The dye doesn't actually make the chainmail part of the bear armor pink, only the rest of it, which is not very much. I feel betrayed. I am only half-pink geralt. I am sad and alone.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, what happens? No one I know went for that ending in vanilla W3, so this is genuinely the first I've heard of it. I got the ending where semi-Witcher Ciri drops by and is just like "yeah this place can do with some work, but then it'll be a great place to retire"...right after I blew a fortune upgrading every part of the estate. Way to ruin the mood, Ciri! :v:

She's just there and the only thing she really says is "Oh, hey, yeah I'm not liking this queen thing so much, but :shrug:"
And then Geralt's just all, "huh, i guess."

And then she just sits by that loving tree. :argh: Forever.

I just wanted Ciri to be happy, being more than her adoptive father was. :ohdear:

The Ciri ending bits of Vanilla was fantastic, this B&W ending of her story was kinda wet farty.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Megazver posted:

I guess someone should do a naked eyeliner bishi Geralt next, just so that everyone gets to have fun.

Phillipa Eilhart as played by Blossom

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Nycticeius posted:

Quoting myself from a few pages back:

XBone :(

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Megazver posted:

Okay that Philippa costume is a pretty genius thing to do.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Finished this up last night. Ciri owned Caranthir so hard his AI didn't engage when it came time for Geralt to fight him. It was really awkward, he wasn't even reading as a legitimate target so Geralt didn't lock on with his attacks. Just a man swinging wildly around a frozen elf until he died.

Goddamn, what a great game. Just so good. Clocked in at 96 hours, might fire it up some time later to go contracting and finish up some gwent stuff. Definitely going to have to do a playthrough of the series at some point, despite owning them all this is the only Witcher game I've actually finished.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

Man, the bad endings in this game own. I just finished Hearts of Stone.

In fact, the bad/average endings always seem better in big budget RPGs. The writers have got more wiggle room to do something interesting, it feels like an actual narrative arc instead of audience-pandering bullshit.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Digirat posted:

WHAT KIND OF MONSTER TEASES US ABOUT THE LOVEBRINGER AND DOESN'T DELIVER

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD
Hey it's the guy I found the black pearl for! Good to see ya man, did the missus like your present?

Oh...

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Contra Duck posted:

Hey it's the guy I found the black pearl for! Good to see ya man, did the missus like your present?
I got through Velen (a.k.a. Peasant Misery Simulator) mostly intact, but that quest loving crushed me.

On the bright side, in any other game this would be a super-tragic maudlin sidequest. In the Witcher universe, you're just thankful that the guy's wife didn't turn into a murder ghost or that the pearl wasn't cursed by a sea hag.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tupperwarez posted:

I got through Velen (a.k.a. Peasant Misery Simulator) mostly intact, but that quest loving crushed me.

On the bright side, in any other game this would be a super-tragic maudlin sidequest. In the Witcher universe, you're just thankful that the guy's wife didn't turn into a murder ghost or that the pearl wasn't cursed by a sea hag.

Honestly, that result would make it less sad. The sheer mundanity of the quest's ending is what makes it crushing. No curses, no monsters. Just alzheimers, which is sadder than any fantastic problem.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Megazver posted:

:stare:

Stupid sexy cosplayers!

e: Her Shani is even better.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 20, 2016

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Since discovering i can buy a bull length chainmail shirt with sleeves off ebay for about £23, the chainmail sections being the part I would consider the biggest pain in the arse to construct, I'm going to attempt Kaer Morhen armour for halloween. Never attempted anything akin to this before, so it will likely be terrible.
I see CDProjekt actually has a cosplay guide on their site, which is nice of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corker2k
Feb 22, 2013

Shannow posted:

Since discovering i can buy a bull length chainmail shirt with sleeves off ebay for about £23, the chainmail sections being the part I would consider the biggest pain in the arse to construct, I'm going to attempt Kaer Morhen armour for halloween. Never attempted anything akin to this before, so it will likely be terrible.
I see CDProjekt actually has a cosplay guide on their site, which is nice of them.

Please post pictures here as it goes along with any hilarious goon-esque botch jobs you have to make. Or make a standalone thread about it (and post the thread link here so lazys like me don't miss it)