Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

last time i played dark souls 1 i started having connection issues around the time i reached the swamp that persisted across sessions and by the time i reached o&s it was almost constant. this lead to a gameplay experience where at the start of the game i was constantly in contact with other players through ghosts and messages but by the time i reached the end game my world was completely empty. it was cool. i love dark souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Township entrance right

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/Kd4NBaN.gifv

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

ive been really going wild with the prism stones lately. love invading someone's world and making a sparkly mess everywhere, love using em to help out hosts who've missed a shortcut or secret, just love em in general

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Township entrance right

yep

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

wow the bosses in Oolacile are actually pretty hard. having a tough time with Kalameet and Manus, whereas with other bosses ive just been rolling in and one shotting them

Soral
May 30, 2009

kalameet and manus are two of the most challenging bosses in the entire series. good luck, gamer.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Soral posted:

kalameet and manus are two of the most challenging bosses in the entire series. good luck, gamer.

just got Kalameet on my second try by rolling between his legs and hitting him in the dick with my greataxe, just got manus to do now. think i'll drop my summon in front of his thing and hang out to see if i can help some people + practice a little

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think manus is the one weird boss in the game in that you have to summon in his arena but i might be misremembering.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

In Training posted:

i think manus is the one weird boss in the game in that you have to summon in his arena but i might be misremembering.

got im down to about 1/3rd health just now, it's just his unbelievably fast attacks/staggers that are a problem...might bust out the artorias set and see if that helps, but according ot the wiki, the summon for Sif (if you found him earlier) is in the middle of Manus's arena, so i'll try to get him in there too

Frog Act fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 19, 2016

Soral
May 30, 2009

sif isnt a whole lot of help unfortunately but she's good at drawing attention off you so you can catch your breath and heal

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

you can summon... sif??? what the hell, that's awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

you can summon... sif??? what the hell, that's awesome

i only found out afterwards that its possible ( i never even found sif when i played) and its rad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH9wfsF0YA4&t=61s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i also didnt know what the silver pendant did until after i beat manus

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah i just went to the valley of the drakes for that specifically, hopefully it + sif will help some. i might also cheese him a little and snipe like a quarter of his health away from the ledge above because i've tried him like 8 times and goddamn he just keeps getting me right at the last moment. maybe the pendant will get me thru the big dark wave which is what keeps really getting me thoguh

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

DS3 is on sale for $42 on Gamesplanet so I impulsively bought it, I'm gonna go ham on it when I beat Kiln of the FIrst Flame

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Frog Act posted:

DS3 is on sale for $42 on Gamesplanet so I impulsively bought it, I'm gonna go ham on it when I beat Kiln of the FIrst Flame

grats, ds3 is extremely good.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

grats, ds3 is extremely good.

i'm extremely stoked, i think i'm gonna play a dex/faith Herald and use miracles/halberds and swords and stuff.

anyway i beat manus a little cheesily, i put like 60 poison arrows and 50 fire arrows into him, getting him down to about 30% health, before going in and bashing him up w/my greataxe. wonder if being able to snipe him like that is intentional or a bug?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that's definitely a bug you coward..

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

gently caress manus :kiddo:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lol, after beating Kalameet and Artorias and all the other poo poo in Dark Souls 1, I'm totally getting wrecked by the first boss in DS3

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I...couldn't beat Manus.

I think I probably would have kept at it if the run from the bonfire wasn't like 2-3 minutes long.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Frog Act posted:

lol, after beating Kalameet and Artorias and all the other poo poo in Dark Souls 1, I'm totally getting wrecked by the first boss in DS3

he's really fun to parry, if that's your thing

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Frog Act posted:

i'm extremely stoked, i think i'm gonna play a dex/faith Herald and use miracles/halberds and swords and stuff.

Yeah it's a good move to have another stat as backup because in DS3 you really don't get many decent offensive miracles til late in the game. lots of cool utility spells and weapon buffs tho. also just so you know pyromancy works differently in 3 and it cares about int and faith now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only time I sniped a boss through the fog was the manticore in demons, and I felt like a gutless little poo poo afterwards.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Manus is tough. Maybe because the arena's so dark, I can barely make out his design and all his attacks come out really fast and seem visually incoherent. Great fight though, prepares you well for fighting certain weird gooey monsters in 3

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Frog Act posted:

Don't forget that you can roll in any direction while locked on in DS2 and beyond.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

https://youtu.be/Ua0zMsDiAyg

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Wow Dark Souls 3 is like, gorgeous, and I'm getting a solid 60fps with everything maxed. gently caress these Lothric Knights though, I keep having to climb ladders and plunge attack the spear fellers

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

You're a complete coward for sniping manus, but I can't talk because I still haven't beaten Kong allant. The dragons made me rage quit though not the king

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can kill the dragons if you're patient enough

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

I can't quite remember but I didn't have the stats and equipment for the long range bow and stuff. Or the poison or whatever. But I will go get him sometime. It's just more fun to play bloodbirne and I don't wanna set up the ps3 agiain

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dragons were kinda the easiest since you just med roll beneath their legs and hit em in the crotch w/a two hander

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Not really in demons, they were way more dangerous in that game

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

The loving flame was a one shot kill. People who complain about the chalice dungeons and poo poo don't know dick. Those fuckers were the true freaks. Ps. Anyone wanna do some co op or PvP right now? can I come kill you frog man.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I wore down the dragon and it took a while to set up but I do not think I would have made a proper try to kill King Allant if I hadn't.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aston posted:

I wore down the dragon and it took a while to set up but I do not think I would have made a proper try to kill King Allant if I hadn't.

Theres a path thats safe and iirc its just a straight line or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Jws1qKnQY&t=107s

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

gently caress y'all and your straight line. I'm going to fold my laundry then kill the orphan of kos who is way harder anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Manus is tough. Maybe because the arena's so dark, I can barely make out his design and all his attacks come out really fast and seem visually incoherent. Great fight though, prepares you well for fighting certain weird gooey monsters in 3

are you talkin the gundyr type guys or the ceiling bloodborne monsters

• Locked thread