Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mycophobia posted:

People buy arcade PCBs of single games for more than this regularly, just because they love the game so much.

i wpuld just have some fighting games which i would play like twice a year with certain friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

trying to jack off posted:

i remember i had some multi game in one 'laptop' thing when i was in like first grade and one of the kids stole it when i brought it into school. i was walking back home at the end of the day with my mum we saw him carrying it and when we asked his mother insisted it was his so we flipped it over and it had my name written on it and she still acted like it was some massive coincidence

That is hosed up

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I still have n64 games that I borrowed from a friend 15 years ago. Their name is still written on the cartridge

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Menjos Moldbug

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I say that Dragon Quest 3 is my favorite game but I've never actually beaten it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I don't like isometric CRPGs. It's just that the mechanics put me off.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've bought about 10 different fighting games and 3 or 4 peripherals made for them with the intentional of learning how to play at least one, and the only one I even came close was Tekken Tag 2 but I already forgot everything I learned about it except the word Okizeme.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fighting games have easily the worst community in gaming, even worse than mobas

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fighting games have easily the worst community in gaming, even worse than mobas

I don't know why Smash is the only one you can play online for fun without a Brazilian teen who's played 20000 hours of it easily destroying you in 3 seconds flat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't know why Smash is the only one you can play online for fun without a Brazilian teen who's played 20000 hours of it easily destroying you in 3 seconds flat.

because most people who play nintendo games online are 12. not joking or anything thats just true

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

because most people who play nintendo games online are 12. not joking or anything thats just true

competitive smash players are the worst of the worst

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I can imagine competitive smash players being extremely up their own asses about how many buttons they push per second or whatever compared to other fighting game people so you probably are just playing against babies, Larry.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Smash isn't really part of the general fighting game scene because you need CRTs to play and the games take 5 times longer than every other fighting game so nobody likes accommodating that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love fighting games but they're a weird difficult genre to care about and the community is AIDS so I understand why nobody new ever plays them.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

I've bought about 10 different fighting games and 3 or 4 peripherals made for them with the intentional of learning how to play at least one, and the only one I even came close was Tekken Tag 2 but I already forgot everything I learned about it except the word Okizeme.

learn to play tekken 7 with me mysterious loyall x when it comes out on steam at an unspecified time in 2017

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

learn to play tekken 7 with me mysterious loyall x when it comes out on steam at an unspecified time in 2017

I'll try. Aris says the PC version is going to be insanely win.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I love fighting games but they're a weird difficult genre to care about and the community is AIDS so I understand why nobody new ever plays them.
I enjoy them but I don't know how to get good at them so I just play Arcade mode for 20 hours and move on. All my friends are normies so I'm too good to play them but everyone online destroys me brutally.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Right up until it came out I was extremely serious about learning SF5 and then I just done fell off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SFV kinda huffs turds so you didn't miss much.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I enjoy them but I don't know how to get good at them so I just play Arcade mode for 20 hours and move on. All my friends are normies so I'm too good to play them but everyone online destroys me brutally.

After I finished a few story modes in SFIV I tried to play online and I think I won a single match out of a few hours of playing before I gave up, lol. I blamed it on my internet connectiob

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

fighting games are only fun with friends in the same room

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

you suck

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

please don't disrespect da share z0ne, it's really good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I lost like 200 games of guilty gear in a row before I figured it out and started winning 1 in 10

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

sorry ill be better

but not at fighting games, ill always suck at those

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the only RPGs I have ever finished are Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, KOTOR 1, and a couple of Pokémons

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

GameCube posted:

the only RPGs I have ever finished are Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, KOTOR 1, and a couple of Pokémons

I've never finished a pokemon game despite loving RPGs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have zero interest in any jrpg's post game content, it always seems like way too much

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

elf help book posted:

i have zero interest in any jrpg's post game content, it always seems like way too much

post giygas earthbound was cool though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

post giygas earthbound was cool though

i returned the library book at least

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

yeah I rarely play them because I've usually had my fill of the game at that point. I was reading the TWEWY thread and am mad that I missed loads in it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I always do jrpg post games because superbosses are the best bosses.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

The only one ive done was XIII and Lightning Returns because the combat system allows for nice superboss gimmicks. A lot of turn based stuff postgame just feels like a numbers game of "did you grind enough".

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

The only one ive done was XIII and Lightning Returns because the combat system allows for nice superboss gimmicks. A lot of turn based stuff postgame just feels like a numbers game of "did you grind enough".

its a bummer that the weapon upgrading in 13 and the monster raising in 13-2 are mostly contained to post-game grinding and not something you get to interact a ton with throughout the game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

It depends but usually I'm not interested either

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Evil Eagle posted:

I always do jrpg post games because superbosses are the best bosses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb3nIH7E9Z0

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 19, 2016

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

I've never finished a pokemon game despite loving RPGs.

Same.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The only Pokemon I've finished was Blue when it first came out, and the only ones I've played besides it were Leaf Green and X

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

its a bummer that the weapon upgrading in 13 and the monster raising in 13-2 are mostly contained to post-game grinding and not something you get to interact a ton with throughout the game

Lightning Returns has a whole weapon upgrade system that you can only use in NG+. I'm going to play hard mode in LR next year.

• Locked thread