Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Revitalized posted:

So does G Gen come with all the DLC in first print pre-orders?
I think it only comes with the DLC listed there. So the Hathaway's Flash, Advance of Zeta, Origin and Thunderbolt DLC are with the pass that comes with the game.

The gameplay video I linked early up in the thread had some DLC where the map has giant Haros, so they will have extra stage as other DLC at least. So probably more units and characters as future DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
That opening makes me think they're gonna fly some KFC loaded airplanes into important buildings in Tokyo.

Anyway they had great success here, and in China. And the chicken is just better than in the US.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I really dig that footage of a truck full of Sanderses myself.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

You givin' me sass, boy!?

NO ONE GIVES THE KAISER SASS

(no valor applied)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Gundam Versus is getting a closed alpha.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Who the gently caress signed off on chapter 41. I don't care if it was imported directly from GC, it's the most frustrating piece of SRW I've ever played, and that includes the three other bullshit stages in MD so far, and there's five hours of it.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The one versus the Big Boss with the reinforcements that are the worst case of "a joke if you know they are coming, incredibly frustrating if you don't"? Cos holy poo poo that stage is a nightmare. At least when Zezernan pulled that poo poo in 2ndOG he was 99.9% of the time going to spawn as the last dude on the stage with you completely surrounding him instead of showing up the complete opposite end of the map getting probably 2 free barrages in before you even get to start fighting the thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Calvina has one slot left for a special skill. What does she want? I gave her continuous action because Galeforce, and Focused Attack because Ragna Rifle Blast

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.

Caphi posted:

Who the gently caress signed off on chapter 41. I don't care if it was imported directly from GC, it's the most frustrating piece of SRW I've ever played, and that includes the three other bullshit stages in MD so far, and there's five hours of it.

Are you sure you're not talking about stage 42? Because gently caress that stage.
Also, gently caress stage 7 of the moon route, it is awful.
But the worst thing about Moon Dwellers is the city stages. I haaaaaaaaaaaate the stupid city stages where your ground units movement is so terrible and you have to rely on your air units. Also this game is making me feel bad for the D original mechs. The Chevalier is just unbearable, and Forte Gigas has major accuracy issues. I imagine someone in the dev team hated the SRW D.

Also Senerio try and get E save so Calvina can spam her finisher more often.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Break WIll Limit if she doesn't have it. Continuous Action and Break Will Limit are must haves on anyone who will ever punch a man, pretty much.

Break Will Limit gives you +20 will which is 20% more damage and the increased defence and everything else more will gets you once you hit it.

EthanSteele fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 17, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Edit: double post whoopsy

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Calvina doesn't have E save, but she has her max unit bonus so she gets EN regen m so I'll save up for Break Will Limit.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

GodofDiscord posted:

Also this game is making me feel bad for the D original mechs. The Chevalier is just unbearable, and Forte Gigas has major accuracy issues. I imagine someone in the dev team hated the SRW D.

Does it? I've kept Josh+Rim and I haven't had any issues.

I'll give you that the Denbrobiums got really shafted, though. Especially the Blanche Neige.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The Nerf to the Geant Chevalier giving it a huge lack of post movement until higher will is really weird, but at least you can purge into tiny man mode with weapons equipped now? I guess? Definitely just as good. Not looking forward to acing Rim, but I'm sure it'll work out.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It really bites that subpilot Ace bonuses seem to be entirely disabled. When I found out I thought I was supposed to stack the Akatsuki twins'. And the Ibis/Sleigh team... it's such a bizarre waste.

e: also Raul's kind of bites because it turns out you can't hold Awakened turns, so it basically means you get a second turn 2 and that's it. Unless you do split/rendezvous shenanigans, I guess, which seems like such a weird thing to encourage you to do with those two that I can't help but think they just messed it up.

Caphi fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 17, 2016

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I was the same, I really thought the Akatsuki's aces were going to stack and it was going to be cool as hell. Sleigh and Ibis' match up perfectly (other than not moving being annoying) so I really don't know why they didn't have subpilot ones work.

And yeah Raul and Fiona don't have the problem of other teams because their robots are identical and they don't have a combo attack or anything so it's super weird to encourage you to not twin them and mess about with pairs. Amara's is sort of the same, but a free Focus and +will on turn 2 isn't so bad compared to wasting an awaken and you can activate it by just putting her next to him if you don't pair them.

Some of the new aces are cool, some are deceptively strong and some are just awkward as hell to use to the point where you mostly ignore their existence. Hopefully they'll be better next time!

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Man, the last step of the Coustwell Brachium secret is a real motherfucker if you don't heavily upgrade your weapons/focus some people as assist attackers (or give Touya MB Activate, I guess). Doing 39k in one attack can be a real pain in the rear end first time through the game. Took me like an hour of tweaking poo poo to manage it. I don't even know if the thing is worth using.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It has some points in its favor (IIRC it's slightly stronger than the Granteed Dracodeus until you finally get Infinity Calibur), but also the huge demerit in that getting it means missing out on one of the best boss fights in the game.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm probably getting it because it was the mech I picked in J, so I'm gonna use it just based on that, but yeah, in future runs I'm probably not gonna bother.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
What I want in the next Super Robot Wars game is a true New Game+ mode that lets you use all the mechs in the game right from the start. Even if, no especially if, it means you can have someone fight themselves.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Does it? I've kept Josh+Rim and I haven't had any issues.

I'll give you that the Denbrobiums got really shafted, though. Especially the Blanche Neige.

I'm sad because I love the Dendrobiums so much.

I mean it hasn't stopped me from using them regularly or anything. I just have to slap every hachimaki I have onto Josh right off the bat :downs:

GilliamYaeger posted:

What I want in the next Super Robot Wars game is a true New Game+ mode that lets you use all the mechs in the game right from the start. Even if, no especially if, it means you can have someone fight themselves.

Hell yeah. :respek:

Also let me throw anyone in any mech and let them be able to use whatever unison attacks are available. I wanna push my dumb party composition to the max. :unsmigghh:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

GilliamYaeger posted:

This was one of the cooler things about the queens blade games. Using the enemy units against themselves would result in some wacky dialogue.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

stabbington posted:

Man, the last step of the Coustwell Brachium secret is a real motherfucker if you don't heavily upgrade your weapons/focus some people as assist attackers (or give Touya MB Activate, I guess). Doing 39k in one attack can be a real pain in the rear end first time through the game. Took me like an hour of tweaking poo poo to manage it. I don't even know if the thing is worth using.

I think the easiest way with just the regular upgrades you'd do in a normal playthrough is Touya + a combo attacker like Kyosuke, Sanger or Ryusei being supported by Mai R-Gun (if no Ryusei w/ Touya)/Excellen (if no Kyosuke)/Latooni or other support attacker that can combo. I'm pretty sure Sanger can have Valor by that point. It's definitely a tough one that needs some forethought. Needing the Excellence Rescue is a nice touch, it makes sense that you'd need that out there to reclaim it!

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
I eventually managed it with Granteed + Bellezelute supported by Fortegigas and Dygenguar, because I'm a weirdo who doesn't like SRX or the ATX team and basically never touched them once I had the option. Just took some careful experimentation and whittling down his HP to just above the retreat threshold to get it done. I'm sure there are much easier ways if your team is more combo attack-heavy.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wound up using Granteed/Bellezute and Koryu-o/Fairlion cause they were my strongest units who had Assist Attack. Also used Alfimi and Excellen to lower his will down to 79.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
you know, I think Banpresto should've held off on the Ruina

mostly because I think they work perfectly with the Edax, and K works perfectly with Alpha 3. L probably should've been done in 2nd when 'some guy amassing an army of stuff like Destroy Gundams' would be a little more relevant and the first half of W probably should've been happened in MD.

...i also think it'd be kind of interesting if they did UX for next game, mostly because I want to see how Keisar Ephes and Kali Yuga interact, but Kali Yuga seems more like a thing they'd tie into Supreme God Z, since they basically do the same thing

in addition - whatever the unholy gently caress is going on in NEO (the Sigzarl and Sigzarius are sexy as hell, probably one of my favorite Banpresto designs ever, fff i hope we see those, and the Ionia as well, probably the most out-there battleship in any mecha thing I've ever seen)

also: apparently the Arraunzer that Helluga is using in MD is different from the Arraunzer he's using in GC? like it's called the Floraga or something. but they look completely and utterly identical!

Gyra_Solune fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 19, 2016

KoB
May 1, 2009
All the GC stuff was changed a bit.

KoB fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Sep 19, 2016

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Isn't the Neo original magic based? They could use that to include a way to fix Cybuster.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

Isn't the Neo original magic based? They could use that to include a way to fix Cybuster.

I'm pretty sure Cybuster is going to stay broken until they use it as an excuse to introduce Asakim in some way.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
They could just go "well he's gone through the crossgate once and that made the bad version be born somewhere" but I think because he can't charge up Cybuster anymore that he's going to neglect to purify it to keep it as powerful as he can and welp the rest of it falls into place.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Dear Banpresto,

Please just give your bosses spell cards already if you want to force players to not 1-turn every boss. Iron wall is just awful to play against.

Regards,
An addict.

PS: That last cutscene with Granteed going Epyon on the Crossgate was p. cool.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
I really hope G Generation Genesis has cut ins and voices for characters who were previously mute (recast if you can, please).

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
The previous ones with VAs did, giving voices to manga only guys and gals like the Crossbone crew. Kappei Yamaguchi (Tasuku in OG, Inuyasha, Usopp, Teddie) has been Tobia Arronax in the G Gen games for example.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
Yeah, but I was playing Overworld and Sayla is a mute and I did not get any portrait cut ins for her.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

But does ALICE have a VA, that's the important question.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Yeah, but I was playing Overworld and Sayla is a mute and I did not get any portrait cut ins for her.

Yeah, I'm hoping The Origin means she's gonna get recast.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
:woop:Finally my copy of MD has arrived, along with Gundam Breaker 3! :woop:

Any reason not to play on beginner mode to start with if I don't have much pride?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ashsaber posted:

:woop:Finally my copy of MD has arrived, along with Gundam Breaker 3! :woop:

Any reason not to play on beginner mode to start with if I don't have much pride?

Honestly, just don't. It's not worth it.

If you find the game too hard just don't go for SR points.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Beginner mode gives you more money per SR point and, IIRC an extra Grungust. But you start off following Touya instead of being able to choose between him and Our Lady and Savior Calvina and that's a sin.

I dunno about other significant changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
+20k money per SR point, +20% money earned I believe. Extra Grungust on stage 12. Locked into Touya route at the start and the prologue is all cutscene, skips stage 1 Touya route and goes straight into stage 2. Difficulty is locked to Normal. It's easy mode.

Play it if you want or don't if you don't!

• Locked thread