Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

how hosed would someone be trying to play your game if their experience is from paradox interactive games?

There is a bit of specialized terminology to learn (what BINGO / WINCHESTER / VAMPIRE mean), and some physics to learn (radar can't go through mountains, lower altitude flight consumes more fuel).

CMANO is highly educational, its the most techno-thrillerest game out there. If the idea of planning airstrikes on a defended airbase, or defending a carrier from soviet cruise missile submarines sounds interesting its worth giving it a try!

I use steam refunds all the time, you can try it with no risk by buying it on steam and returning it if it doesn't suit you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

plz make a 4th debate where they compete in the kobayashi maru

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Oiled and Ready posted:

We did that in vietnam already, it went...poorly

um what?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Turdfuzz posted:

(((einstein))) was p smart soooooo i mean i doubt hillary is smarter than him

Einstein came up with Horseshoe Theory so I'll always respect him for that.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Baloogan posted:

and yeah, don't use good missiles on things u can kill with dumb bombs. u have like infinite dumb bombs.

this is exactly the type of thinking that got us into this mess, folks. when i get elected we won't be dropping dumb bombs, only smart bombs. smart, beautiful bombs...the smartest bombs. so simple!

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i think ppl like hillary and obama are actually p normal ppl
its just that they have lots of power and maybe that makes them seem more wise than they prolly are (im no psychoanalyst man tho)
like hillary is definitely privy to more info than us but i doubt shes actually anymore intelligent than a lot of the posters here
yea i said it

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

i do think donny trump is p dumb tho

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Has anyone directly asked Mike Pence if Trump made him the same shadow president offer that Kasich's campaign claims they got?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
this election should be one of the top examples in history textbooks about why populism is loving garbage

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Grey Fox posted:

Has anyone directly asked Mike Pence if Trump made him the same shadow president offer that Kasich's campaign claims they got?

y do you thnk he likes cheney so much

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

magiccarpet posted:

y do you thnk he likes cheney so much
I'm very aware of it, hence me asking the original question. I just want to know if he flat-out denied it, danced around it, or if it was asked at all.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Dave Wiegel is arguing with Green Party supporters on Twitter

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/777921549026328577

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/777924320505032704

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/777925132899811333

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

shiksa posted:

i'd pay like 20 bucks for an hour long lets play of trump playing baloogan's game

ive thought about making a series of "Trump" scenarios, its hard to imagine what would be realistic under a trump presidency.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/777924320505032704

lol are they actually arguing that it wouldn't be so bad because MIKE PENCE would be running the country? jesus h christ greens are loving stupid

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Baloogan posted:

There is a bit of specialized terminology to learn (what BINGO / WINCHESTER / VAMPIRE mean), and some physics to learn (radar can't go through mountains, lower altitude flight consumes more fuel).

CMANO is highly educational, its the most techno-thrillerest game out there. If the idea of planning airstrikes on a defended airbase, or defending a carrier from soviet cruise missile submarines sounds interesting its worth giving it a try!

I use steam refunds all the time, you can try it with no risk by buying it on steam and returning it if it doesn't suit you.

wait, is that a game you made or you just make a lot of scenarios for it or something?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Baloogan posted:

ive thought about making a series of "Trump" scenarios, its hard to imagine what would be realistic under a trump presidency.

drunk baloogan could do it i bet

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

somebody really needs to edit a video of trump playing globalthermonuclear war

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Karl Sharks posted:

wait, is that a game you made or you just make a lot of scenarios for it or something?

im part of the dev team

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Venom Snake posted:

jesus h christ greens are loving stupid

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/777921549026328577
:lol: I heard a similar argument from a 65 yo. bernout going green, only he was insisting that the GOP would impeach Trump because they "realized what a mistake they made"

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Baloogan posted:

* taking the oil (only the "sections that have it")

* nukes

so simple!

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

I'm the flat tire on the green volkswagon.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Baloogan posted:

anything is possible under the golden god

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

if I'm reading this right the Greens are arguing that their actions would cause Trump to win (and not the person they voted for), but that actually president Trump wouldn't be that bad?

loving :wow:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Turdfuzz posted:

i do think donny trump is p dumb tho

when i was looking for his tweet about his IQ, i found an article that went into the claim his IQ is 156, how it was estimated based on his wharton admissions despite the fact he got a BS in economics and anthropology, didn't take their more prestigious MBA classes and in actuality he transferred from another penn. school where the admissions were way more relaxed, so he probably couldn't have gotten into the easier program on his own lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
https://twitter.com/PollsterPatrick/status/777921497558093825

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Baloogan posted:

im part of the dev team

ah okay, that's pretty awesome, what do you do for it?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

First tweet from Patrick Murray in that series [Monmouth]: https://twitter.com/PollsterPatrick/status/777917928264073216

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

turdfuzz youre getting offended at things that arent being said

look im not gonna try to convince u or explain to u or anything like that okay!?
thats ur problem thats ur "thing"
im just gonna rage at the world
thats my thing

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Cuba Embargo, 2017

Newly minted president trump has formed the Cuba Quarantine zone after being snubbed by Castro. Several non-american ships have been turned away from Cuba. A multinational EU task force is sailing to Cuba to challenge the quarantine zone with a UNCLOS cruse. Your only communication with POTUS is via twitter, and your orders aren't... clear. Good luck, Admiral.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

i have a feeling we are going to see a lot of HILLARY DOMINATING and then the next week TRUMP CATCHING UP all the way to the loving election unfortunately

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Baloogan posted:

a lot of middle East proxy wars

Mexican troops fighting alongside US air and naval support in central and south America (MMGAA)

boat fights in the various Chinese coastal seas

Russia invading the Baltic States with implicit approval from emperor trump

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Is there a serious posting version of this thread somewhere bc I actually just can't keep up anymore

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788694

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/777927854667333634

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Eonwe posted:

i have a feeling we are going to see a lot of HILLARY DOMINATING and then the next week TRUMP CATCHING UP all the way to the loving election unfortunately

Shook nate had an interesting post on 538 that if you take all the polls from early June [when it was clear who the nominees would be] they almost perfectly form a sin-wave around a mean of about C +4.5-5. If things turn and we start wandering back up to that level, yeah.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pretty annoyed they never actually sold these hats.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

Shook nate had an interesting post on 538 that if you take all the polls from early June [when it was clear who the nominees would be] they almost perfectly form a sin-wave around a mean of about C +4.5-5. If things turn and we start wandering back up to that level, yeah.

thats kinda cool

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Greens will just say whatever they have to in order to get the conversation off of probing stuff and back onto them ranting about their pet issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

wow only 9% thought 19th??

• Locked thread