Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

victrix posted:

What is it about that strike specifically that draws these idiots. Had this exact experience, he moved and shot just enough to prevent getting kicked, ended with like 4 kills.

It's happened like two or three times on that strike :effort:

I generally don't really give a poo poo about garbage tier players, but the ones who move the stick just enough to avoid getting booted are pretty annoying.

When we loaded into the next strike, he immediately walked forward into a nearby wall and continued running in place while we went to orbit.

I ran into a dude idling through the level 41 prison last week. Me and the other guy just two manned it up to the boss but it rolled the cabal guy and the other actual player just left. So I spent my time dancing and reviving the AFK guy to ruin his sweet rep gains. He eventually came back and I made him kill the boss all by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

G1ZM0 posted:

So this dropped from me this morning.

That's a really good roll. I got my eyasluna with almost full stability and it can get head shots very consistently. Do you really need all that range though on a hand cannon? You already got range finder but is rifled barrel necessary at the cost of reload speed? What's the point of having the range of a sniper rifle when you have the zoom of an auto rifle? I would go with better reload speed over range in my opinion.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

MarshyMcFly posted:

That's a really good roll. I got my eyasluna with almost full stability and it can get head shots very consistently. Do you really need all that range though on a hand cannon? You already got range finder but is rifled barrel necessary at the cost of reload speed? What's the point of having the range of a sniper rifle when you have the zoom of an auto rifle? I would go with better reload speed over range in my opinion.

The range stat in Destiny is extremely important for a couple of reasons. #1 range ties into how strong the AA is. #2 range indicates how fast the damage fall off happens and in a hand cannon you want a poo poo ton of it to stay out of shotgun range. #3 Range lessens the intensity of ghosting bullets in handcannons, bungie's silly hidden RNG accuracy stat for handcannons.

If your hand cannon doesn't have Rifled or to a lesser degree Hammerforged or smallbore, its garbage.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

Yeah. That's like a big blinking don't play with me sign

I accidentally LFGed into one of these groups once, they were a bunch of gigantic fuckwads.

A kid who was about 17 or so also got pulled in but didnt have the right guns and they just gave him a gigantic hard time for the totems and the Warpriest. He bailed and they were all furious that he dared drop out despite them having given him poo poo for the last 40 mins or so. I grabbed the next CP and bailed also, lifes to short to deal with grown men acting like pissy jerks

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Kumo posted:

I should have been clearer, you lose the rep from the faction you've left.

I mean uh, I'll be clearer too: no you don't?

It doesn't show up on your progress screen but if you switch back in a week or check something like DIM it's exactly where you left off.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I love playing strikes or PoE with pubbie fuckwits. Getting more kills than the both of them, making four or five times as many orbs, and taking care of all the objectives. It onyl really gets annoying when you overcommit, die, and then wipe becasue the pubbies don't understand the difference between Destroy Mines or Dismantle Mines.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The range stat in Destiny is extremely important for a couple of reasons. #1 range ties into how strong the AA is. #2 range indicates how fast the damage fall off happens and in a hand cannon you want a poo poo ton of it to stay out of shotgun range. #3 Range lessens the intensity of ghosting bullets in handcannons, bungie's silly hidden RNG accuracy stat for handcannons.

If your hand cannon doesn't have Rifled or to a lesser degree Hammerforged or smallbore, its garbage.

on that note I got an eyasluna with sureshot is and my choice of hammer/smallbore, but then surrounded and third eye for the other perks. Obviously it's not super great, but probably not super terrible I think. Think it's worth taking into crucible or would I just get a headache from getting poo poo on?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/777854806769610756

Don't mind me posting Bungo tweets

The Meat Dimension fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 19, 2016

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Mazerunner posted:

on that note I got an eyasluna with sureshot is and my choice of hammer/smallbore, but then surrounded and third eye for the other perks. Obviously it's not super great, but probably not super terrible I think. Think it's worth taking into crucible or would I just get a headache from getting poo poo on?

It'll do okay mostly because it's an Eyasluna. Best one I've pulled is Sureshot, Outlaw, Army of One and my choice of HF or Smallbore. I went with smallbore and it still does quite well compared to my RF, HH, Rifled Byronic. Eyasluna is just good in general so long as you aren't sacking range.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Gonna miss Loud Shaxx

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

I mean uh, I'll be clearer too: no you don't?

It doesn't show up on your progress screen but if you switch back in a week or check something like DIM it's exactly where you left off.

not everybody switches back and this was covered last page

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And the endless debates of "hmm I think the film grain is fixed no wait I see it now it's not."

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Was Titan skating ever changed :tinfoil:

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

deadwing posted:

Gonna miss Loud Shaxx

Same

:smith:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

deadwing posted:

Gonna miss Loud Shaxx

at least film grain should be fixed for the people who had that?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The Meat Dimension posted:

I don't know. Skating itself, no. Control felt like it had more height and less horizontal zip to me when I came back, but I hadn't played in a long time so :shrug:

Weird though, I noticed it immediately, nothing on my Warlock or Hunter stood out as unusual.

Bungie eventually made some post asking for video proof, so I guess there were a lot of reports? I didn't realize it was a Thing online because I noticed it before I even read anyone online commenting on it.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

lol I hope you guys were the ones who trolled that fireteam maker:

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?mode=fireteambuilder&event=1875

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

It was weakened a bit in the last patch but you can still do it.

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45227/7_Destiny-Hot-Fix---91916

Film grain should be gone now, respawn time re-nerfed, Shaxx back on meds.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Wow was in a game with two strength of the wolves in a row and boom, kicked for update

Thx Bungie

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

That Luna roll is retarded. I'm using a peril with Grenadier rangefinder and rifled barrel. Better native AA than the luna

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Kumo posted:

not everybody switches back and this was covered last page

Not everybody reads every post.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

What's the over/under on this update causing catastrophic errors for tomorrow?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Turkey Farts posted:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Turkey Farts posted:

Mikey-San
Nov 3, 2005

I'm Edith Head!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol if the daily crucible playlist from last night is any indication, a lot of players are coming back into the fold.

confirmed

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Bungie posted:

Destiny Hotfix 2.4.0.1 introduced a new bug where the loot table now contains a Spektar Double-Ended Dong. It's incredibly OP and should be rammed up your own asses.

Deej out

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

lfg 1 guardian experienced with butt stuff

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Turkey Farts posted:

I love bugs. In The Division there was a bug to do he strikes with 12 people at the same time. Bugs of that type will be wellcome. Bugs where a whole instance crash and we are sent to orbit when a hive is giving us a blowjob, not so much. More bugs please. Magical mites. Whatever are called these days.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Turkey Farts posted:

Purple

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

G1ZM0 posted:

So this dropped from me this morning.

Nice

Most Applebees people are lucky if they have 1 god roll gun.

Destiny Playboys have 3-5.

I have 8-10 god roll Guns.

Nobody talks about this.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
spoilers for legendary guns

Matador 64 (and the new Last Ditch)
Event Horizom Fisher Price Sniper

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

deadwing posted:

lfg 1 guardian experienced with butt stuff

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

spoilers for legendary guns

Matador 64 (and the new Last Ditch)
Event Horizom Fisher Price Sniper

You can pick out raid weapons from the list

raid sniper looks like might a keeper:

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/2001493563-ex-machina

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
I noticed the new Eyasluna lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Dead orbit shotgun with the cool perk tree can't roll rifled barrel :negative:

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Goddamn if the FWC guns don't have the coolest names again.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Looks like Trials adept weapons will all come with snapshot as the intrinsic perk

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol the raid weapons are Siva infested omnolon gunz

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

trials pulse looks loving nasty

http://db.destinytracker.com/items/320170739-blind-perdition-adept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU