Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Oh hm well that's interesting then. Thanks for elaborating guys. So would the Season Pass render fight money pointless, or is there still other in-game stuff left to spend it on? I've seen reference to "non-premium" costumes; not sure if that means they are explicitly not part of the season pass though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I got burned out pretty early on paying for characters in fighting games. The problem is it's so hard to know if a character is for you until you actually play them so even if a character looks cool and fun, they might just fall flat when you actually play them. My idea has always been letting people play doc characters for free in practice mode but I don't think any game has actually done that. It's usually all the characters are free or all the characters require you to buy them to try them with no in between.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SFV does at least let you play them, but only in story mode for like 15 seconds. If you have the PC version though this means you can get a mod to try them out.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Arcsys gives away new characters for the first week or so, then starts selling them after that, and unlike Capcom, they remember how to make good fighting games.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Minidust posted:

Oh hm well that's interesting then. Thanks for elaborating guys. So would the Season Pass render fight money pointless, or is there still other in-game stuff left to spend it on? I've seen reference to "non-premium" costumes; not sure if that means they are explicitly not part of the season pass though.

The season pass doesn't render fight money pointless at all you still can spend it on new stages, secondary costumes, colors, and titles. I bought the season pass when the game came out and there's still tons of stuff that to use FM on.

Premium costumes are costumes which can only be bought with real money. Six of them are included with the season pass, you can buy the rest separately.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I love buying things. I love content.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Capcom Pro Tour and Mountain Dew Kickstart FTW

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Bogart posted:

Anyone here use a Chromebook? When I try to access the store on mine, it gives me this lovely half-mobile interface. Any workarounds to force it to be normal?

Mobile version of Chrome lets you request the desktop site, I don't see why the version on a Chromebook would be any different. If it has the Developer Tools, you can also use those to change the user agent.

Obsurveyor fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 19, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

elf help book posted:

Capcom Pro Tour and Mountain Dew Kickstart FTW

Close, its Red Bull not Kickstart

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I want to send that image back to like 1993

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Light Gun Man posted:

I want to send that image back to like 1993

can i come too

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Street Fighter V has an assload of content beyond the Season Pass, I'm actually impressed that they are able to set up the tournaments with how much of it there is (which has to be fully unlocked on all tournament-use console).

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

Street Fighter V has an assload of content beyond the Season Pass, I'm actually impressed that they are able to set up the tournaments with how much of it there is (which has to be fully unlocked on all tournament-use console).

On console they use a pre-patch exploit to give themselves infinite fight money and then bring the consoles online to get all the updates and content because Capcom don't distribute/bring tournament ready consoles like other companies. At least thats what they did at Evo, I think doing that gets your account banned now so idk what they do.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

holy poo poo, why? why not just provide tournament ready consoles. :I :I :I

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Idk man Capcom put SFV on life support the day it came out. When rage quitting was rampant (because at launch there were 0 penalties) they eventually implemented a rage quitting prevention system that was so strict that now if you quit the game from practice mode too many times you get temp banned

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

It looks worse when their competition in the genre have rosters 4 times larger and give away new characters for free

Yeah xrd and kof rule. I still play sfv more for no real reason though. Much shame.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

holy poo poo, why? why not just provide tournament ready consoles. :I :I :I

I'm guessing it's a really bad case of :effort: and I suspect it would require them to jump through quite a few hoops with Sony, although I suppose maybe if Capcom fully controlled the servers handling the fight money they might have a system to do it. Still probably a huge pain, though.

I'm curious what's going to happen in two months with the PS4 Pro and how that's going to shake out for serious tournament play.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Policenaut posted:

The best thing about Street Fighter 5 is that it got me really, really excited for King of Fighters XIV.

Yeah! Best game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It already runs at 60fps so I imagine it won't affect SFV at all.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm fairly positive that Sony's said multiplayer on PS4 Pro has to run at the same frame rate as basic PS4 so I'm not too concerned about that.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

CrashCat posted:

I don't have one, but assuming it's the same as other Chrome implementations, try and override the user agent:

http://www.howtogeek.com/113439/how-to-change-your-browsers-user-agent-without-installing-any-extensions/

If that works as a one-off then consider finding an extension to manage the user agent setting from the Chrome Web Store.

Cheers. I'll check this out later. :11tea:

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

That's the Ys Napishtim engine style game, right? Kinda curious how that turned out.

not sure if they fixed it for the NA release, but the JP version of this turns my ps4 fans into jet engines harder than anything else on the system.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Policenaut posted:

I'm fairly positive that Sony's said multiplayer on PS4 Pro has to run at the same frame rate as basic PS4 so I'm not too concerned about that.

That's kind of lame for something like Rocket League, where we are already playing against PC players running at high framerates. How do you even accomplish that as a developer? Throttle the CPU in multiplayer?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i thought it was same target fps not same exact fps. so RL could run 60 locked on pro if possible vs regular dipping to whereever it dips to

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Actually the stipulation isn't entirely correct. The only thing Sony is going to impose is that it doesn't run at a lower framerate on the Pro. So if the game is 1080p locked 60 on vanilla PS4, the PS4 Pro has to be locked 60 as well, so if that means it peaks at 1440p then that's what it'll be set to.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Actually the stipulation isn't entirely correct. The only thing Sony is going to impose is that it doesn't run at a lower framerate on the Pro. So if the game is 1080p locked 60 on vanilla PS4, the PS4 Pro has to be locked 60 as well, so if that means it peaks at 1440p then that's what it'll be set to.

weren't there specific mp rumors floating too? maybe i just heard them invented here.

nov 10th and a shitload of DF analysis vids can't come soon enough

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

From the Neo leak stuff way back when:

Eurogamer posted:

No online segregation between consoles: If a PlayStation title supports online features, they must be deployed equally on both systems. Developers cannot have Neo-only servers. We believe this may actually introduce gameplay balance issues if, say, the Neo version hits 60fps while the PS4 version is capped at 30fps.

So multiplayer fps must be the same(Naughty Dog confirmed this earlier this month) and no "Pro-only" multiplayer features.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Goons do hella speculation about whether games not made for the pro will run or load faster on the pro does anyone have a good answer? Lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Goons do hella speculation about whether games not made for the pro will run or load faster on the pro does anyone have a good answer? Lol

no. its probably maybe safe to assume that many games will hew closer to their targets than before if they hit a bottleneck but which ones is impossible to say beyond some educated guesses based on DF videos.

for instance. Hitman struggles under ai load in crowded scenes on ps4 but not on original xb1 due to the cpu difference in xb1's favor. with the pro's overclock it's conceivable that scenes like the paris fashion show will run more smoothly and so forth.

loading times will depend on whether it is bottlenecked reading the drive or writing to ram since the drive will still be a hdd but the memory bandwidth will be larger.

DF's videos are going to be really interesting when they can finally get their hands on a pro.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 20, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

DF's videos are going to be really interesting when they can finally get their hands on a pro.
No they won't.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh whoops yeah

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
OK, I'm at a loss here. I'm trying to add credit to my Canadian PSN account, and the following do not work:

- Playstation Store gift cards purchased in the US
- Paypal with a US account
- US credit cards

If I create a US PSN account, I'd have to sign it up for PS+ as well to get the discounts I'm trying to take advantage of. Am I just screwed here? Does anyone want to buy $100 worth of PSN credit? :(

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

For people who already own a ps4: what would it take for you to buy a pro? For me I'm totally against the idea of ever upgrading because the idea of incremental consoles like phones just seems retarded to me, and I totally understand that, BUT, if sony released footage tomorrow of Bloodborne running at 60fps I would buy a pro no questions asked.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

In Training posted:

For people who already own a ps4: what would it take for you to buy a pro? For me I'm totally against the idea of ever upgrading because the idea of incremental consoles like phones just seems retarded to me, and I totally understand that, BUT, if sony released footage tomorrow of Bloodborne running at 60fps I would buy a pro no questions asked.

If my PS4 breaks I'll buy one I guess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ill buy one to protect my home and family from intruders

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

If I ever had enough free money to actually pay for one

I wont

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

i play most sp games via remote since i share a tv and pro has 1080p streaming for my hd laptop monitor.
kind of a niche reason but a big upgrade for my case use.

VVV
yeah also stupid

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 20, 2016

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I will buy one because I like more framerate/resolution/pretty things and I'm stupid.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I will buy one because I like more framerate/resolution/pretty things and I'm stupid.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Same.

• Locked thread