Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i played like an hour of dark souls, 3 years ago, and then never picked it back up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah I rarely play them because I've usually had my fill of the game at that point. I was reading the TWEWY thread and am mad that I missed loads in it

twewy is shot and i liked the combat + you could set everything to easy whenever you wanted to

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

The only Pokemon I've finished was Blue when it first came out, and the only ones I've played besides it were Leaf Green and X

X is the best one. I filled the pokedex in that one I liked it so much.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The only Pokémon game I ever did everything and filled the Pokédex in was Silver.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

i played like an hour of dark souls, 3 years ago, and then never picked it back up again

Same. Rather drink the piss and cum out of Knuc U Kinte's rear end than touch that dog poo poo ever again.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

Same. Rather drink the piss and cum out of Knuc U Kinte's rear end than touch that dog poo poo ever again.

id rather play the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*clears my throat and leaves*

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

*clears my throat and leaves*

Lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just can't get in to DS1 either.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Which version of TWEWY is better, DS or phone

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Don't buy phone games!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Phone is missing half the mechanics.

proverb
Jan 1, 2009

terrible, horrible,
no good, very bad

In Training posted:

Phone is missing half the mechanics.

For real. Trying to keep your left-brain and right-brain in sync was the whole point of the combat system. Plus my gnarled finger tips don't do frenzied swiping well

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Pablo Gigante posted:

i havent tried the phone version but the ds version rocks and is probably very cheap on amazon

yah its like 20 bucks which is a few bucks more than the phone version

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

the first time i watched this i figured i'd just skip to part 6 but i was engrossed for the whole hour lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

What do you think dude. Come on

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

tumor looking batty posted:

What do you think dude. Come on

I've heard both sides and I'm just asking questions. Give me a drat break

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The one imp who keeps saying that the phone version of TWEWY is better is insane.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Greetings ... i actually bought the DS version again and the battle system differences make it better than I remember . Music and graphics are a lot nicer on a phone though . If someone didn't have a way to play DS games i'd still say it's way better to play it on a phone than not at all

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Gigante posted:

I've heard both sides and I'm just asking questions. Give me a drat break

Bruh.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The XIII games are the best in the FF franchise

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LR is a lot of fun and my favorite of the 13's.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

not really a confession but i loving love it when you get that lategame flight ability in a JRPG and discover like flight-only secret dungeons and caves right behind the starting town and stuff, it's some good feels

an actual confession is that the final dungeon in dq5 took me like 4 attempts across several weeks cause it was so drat long i'd get pissed and quit for a good while each time i lost

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That feel when you surf from the beach in Pallet town for some epic End Game KhanTent.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

The XIII games are the best in the FF franchise

I liked the first one but haven't had a chance to play the others.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006
I've spent many, many more hours thinking about wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant(coolest title ever, must be said in full every time) than I have actually playing it. My stepdad had it and I kept the box for a long time and still love the musty booksmell of that 100+ page manual. I played a ton of it as a little kid but never really got anywhere due to it being a hard game, and I gave it a legit shot as an adult after having a nervous breakdown and moving back in with mom for a month. I didn't make it much further than the first town because I'm still a scrub rear end bitch.

Wizardry 8 is cool and good though.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The coolest title is actually Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel but you were close.

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Wormskull posted:

I've bought about 10 different fighting games and 3 or 4 peripherals made for them with the intentional of learning how to play at least one, and the only one I even came close was Tekken Tag 2 but I already forgot everything I learned about it except the word Okizeme.

I got a fighting stick (this one) from a buddy and I just don't know what game I'd want to start with to give it a try.

Grawl fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Sep 20, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Wormskull posted:

The coolest title is actually Hexen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel but you were close.

its Madballs in Babo:Invasion

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That game and grafe's batman avatar are permanently intertwined together in my brain.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SoR Blaze posted:

I've spent many, many more hours thinking about wizardry 7: Crusaders of the Dark Savant(coolest title ever, must be said in full every time) than I have actually playing it. My stepdad had it and I kept the box for a long time and still love the musty booksmell of that 100+ page manual. I played a ton of it as a little kid but never really got anywhere due to it being a hard game, and I gave it a legit shot as an adult after having a nervous breakdown and moving back in with mom for a month. I didn't make it much further than the first town because I'm still a scrub rear end bitch.

Wizardry 8 is cool and good though.

It's an incredibly good game.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

my confession is i legit love that game and beat the entire thing without a guide

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

my confession is i legit love that game and beat the entire thing without a guide

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol again

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Haha

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i know you probably havent played hexen because beating it without a guide is completely insane since its wandering around in a doom engine game trying to find hidden switches and when you hit them it announces that a door has opened somewhere but gives you no further clues

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it looks very cool though

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The Witness has 2,070 puzzles

• Locked thread