Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

a.lo posted:

whoa a lot of replies but where's the news??

Congrats on the worst post in a thread of bad posts. You earned it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

a.lo posted:

whoa a lot of replies but where's the news??

No news yet I'm afraid.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
This thread is making me want to get Tropical Freeze even though I've never really dug any of the other DKC games. About how long is it if you're a an OCD completionist like me?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

JustJeff88 posted:

This thread is making me want to get Tropical Freeze even though I've never really dug any of the other DKC games. About how long is it if you're a an OCD completionist like me?

There's a lot of optional stuff to do that unlocks even more stuff for you to do but it's also a very difficult game and the time to beat is gonna vary a lot depending on how much you die and have to attempt things over and over. Plenty of content there but it's hard to give a # of hours estimate

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HLTB says its 32 hours to 100% on average

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

VR is the future, man. And Nintendo knows it.

They are working hard to update the Wii U for VR support, as well.

It's coming and it's gonna be great.

You think this is a joke?

You sweet, naive child

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/splatoon_vr_hack_involves_a_gamepad_on_your_back_and_a_customised_water_pistol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ag1QtxHZ1g

I do concede that the game pad goes on your back instead of on your face, though

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Don't forgot that rubber-banding a wiimote to a pro controller is an officially supported control scheme for Splatoon lol

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
One day I will play a perfect, flawless 1:1 VR simulation of Ocarina of Time and then my life will be complete. And also Star Fox. And Metroid Prime. The last one is probably the easiest, get on it Nintenerds.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

One day I will play a perfect, flawless 1:1 VR simulation of Ocarina of Time and then my life will be complete. And also Star Fox. And Metroid Prime. The last one is probably the easiest, get on it Nintenerds.

Get me off I think I'm going to be sick.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

i did see some video of a guy doing that with metroid prime, dolphin and an oculus rift

it was a while ago though

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

OK, a bit of news. A bunch of European retailers have been invited to a meeting two days from now in NOE's headquarters in Germany. They are all under NDAs not to reveal anything.

Things are moving and it's clear that Nintendo doesn't want to gently caress this one up by having an ambiguous/confusing message. October's now looking likely to be when they do the public announcement.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

use the assembled nx to play mario party on the couch, or snap the controllers off and slot the screen into a vr headset to slot car derby race waluigi in a world unlike any other (virtual)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

It will probably make you a bit ill but you can do that today my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eM1e6gg5I

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i think (and hope) they'd do an Other M VR sim before a Metroid Prime sim.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Things are moving and it's clear that Nintendo doesn't want to gently caress this one up by having an ambiguous/confusing message. October's now looking likely to be when they do the public announcement.

alternately, they are doubling down and being more ambiguous and confusing than ever

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

OK, a bit of news. A bunch of European retailers have been invited to a meeting two days from now in NOE's headquarters in Germany. They are all under NDAs not to reveal anything.

It's going to be about Color Splash.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

BillmasterCozb posted:

i think (and hope) they'd do an Other M VR sim before a Metroid Prime sim.

I think Sony's the one doing the dating sim VR games actually

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Lemming posted:

It will probably make you a bit ill but you can do that today my friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eM1e6gg5I

It's not even in first person! If I'm not stepping into a sensory deprivation chamber of some kind, or a holodeck, or at the very least connecting wires to my brain, then I want no part of it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

alternately, they are doubling down and being more ambiguous and confusing than ever

Well, yeah, it's Nintendo -- it could go that way too.

a.lo posted:

It's going to be about Color Splash.

NOE does not pull all retailers in, expenses paid (travels, hotels, etc) with NDAs filled beforehand, for a game that has already been revealed, discussed at length, and for a dead console at that. It's happening.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Lemming posted:

I think Sony's the one doing the dating sim VR games actually

Namco for the PS4 VR.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

It's not even in first person! If I'm not stepping into a sensory deprivation chamber of some kind, or a holodeck, or at the very least connecting wires to my brain, then I want no part of it.

Metroid Prime is in first person!!!

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I was talkin bout the Ocarina of Time part, but yeah... you got me there

acksplode
May 17, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

The official name for NX will be Wii UVR and the VR will stand for Vendor Revision

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Namco for the PS4 VR.

it looks so good

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

NOE does not pull all retailers in, expenses paid (travels, hotels, etc) with NDAs filled beforehand, for a game that has already been revealed, discussed at length, and for a dead console at that. It's happening.

okay fine. Great. I can't wait till one of them breaks NDA

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Saoshyant posted:

Well, yeah, it's Nintendo -- it could go that way too.

I've heard this from a few people on Twitter, but do you say that from experience?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did the Wii U and 3DS have any good anime titties games, or did they just totally cede that territory to Sony?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I hope the NX gets a remaster/port of Dead Rising. Hopefully not the wii version, though. hell, dead rising 4 might be enough, with the direction its going, that direction being "Oh dear god please forgive us for Dead Rising 3, we've grown out of our edgy phase"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did the Wii U and 3DS have any good anime titties games, or did they just totally cede that territory to Sony?

i think 3ds had senran karuga and wii u had boob sliders in xenogears in japan

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Real hurthling! posted:

also there was hashtag fe but that may not count since all those dudes raised a stink about "censorship"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

The Senran Kagura series moved to the Vita, I can't imagine it coming back to Nintendo with the NX unless Sony just lets the Vita die.

Did Xenogears not have boob sliders in the US release? Was it one of those deals where they rereleased it in Japan with a bunch of new stuff but didn't bother doing that in America?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Senran Kagura series moved to the Vita

https://www.amazon.com/Senran-Kagura-Deep-Crimson-Double-Nintendo/dp/B00UJ9LSB2

this came out last year and is subtitled "Double D" so nintendo still gets versions of life and hometown

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

https://www.amazon.com/Senran-Kagura-Deep-Crimson-Double-Nintendo/dp/B00UJ9LSB2

this came out last year and is subtitled "Double D" so nintendo still gets versions of life and hometown

I stand corrected. Cool

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Senran Kagura series moved to the Vita, I can't imagine it coming back to Nintendo with the NX unless Sony just lets the Vita die.

Did Xenogears not have boob sliders in the US release? Was it one of those deals where they rereleased it in Japan with a bunch of new stuff but didn't bother doing that in America?

The American version had no boob sliders. The boob sliders looked loving terrible anyway, because that was the only body slider and it didn't adjust anything else.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Guy Goodbody posted:

It has CrunchyRoll.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

Barry Convex posted:

I've heard this from a few people on Twitter, but do you say that from experience?

It's not about knowing something because it happened before, it's just that it seems like something different than the normal process of releasing a known game.

Nintendo's 3DS and WiiU contracts with retailers are already established and if there are any communications about games for either, it's probably just done over the phone. It certainly wouldn't require this combo of secrecy and what is probably a lot of money. Hence the assumptions that this is about NX.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Guy Goodbody posted:

unless Sony just lets the Vita die.

Isn't this exactly what's happening?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FPzero posted:

Isn't this exactly what's happening?

It's got a surprising amount of upcoming retail releases

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's got a surprising amount of upcoming retail releases

NepNep volume XXIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

sout posted:

The New 3DS never really ended up having much exclusive stuff, did it? I can only think of Xenoblade

The SNES virtual console stuff for 3DS is N3DS-only because ???

Other than that, there was the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth port. And, uh...

Uhhhhhhhhh....

• Locked thread