Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

The current speculation is that both the Cygnar and Protectorate covers are showing us our first glimpse of new character 'jacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hope the spoil the Khador one soon... And I hope the character jack is Zerkova's!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Alao give circle a fury 5 beast please mr. Privateer Press.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I can't wait for ret to hit the point of having more character jacks than non-character

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

gannyGrabber posted:

I hope the spoil the Khador one soon... And I hope the character jack is Zerkova's!

Zerkova isn't going to have a character warjack, she's going to have a giant orgoth doom reaver using monstrosity rules.

Irusk needs a character jack.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Zerkova's character jack will be Karchev2

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Also that makes me wonder, what would happen if you gave a monstrosity an orgoth blade?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Also that makes me wonder, what would happen if you gave a monstrosity an orgoth blade?

It would struggle to use a blade that small, I reckon.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

mr. stefan posted:

I can't wait for ret to hit the point of having more character jacks than non-character

It's a Gundam!!!

Wait, which one is it? Uh I can't tell what release or season

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

StuG Jeebus posted:

It would struggle to use a blade that small, I reckon.

Ever seen Ruin? He's carrying an orgoth weapon. Orgoth were big sometimes.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

That cover is really cool.

Right warjack is definitely a Indictor, right warjack is a character warjack on the Reckoner chassis. Current speculation is that it's probably Vindictus' character 'jack Refuter of Heresy, which he apparently has in the fluff and is a Reckoner.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I'm in love with the Haleys and I'm just going to play nothing but them all the time

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

That cover is really cool.

Right warjack is definitely a Indictor, right warjack is a character warjack on the Reckoner chassis. Current speculation is that it's probably Vindictus' character 'jack Refuter of Heresy, which he apparently has in the fluff and is a Reckoner.

That's hand of judgment on the right my friend.

Alpha Phoenix
Feb 26, 2007

That is a peckin' lot of bird...
:kazooieass::kazooieass::kazooieass:

Feora is just there so people remember she exists. Mk3 is not a happy place for her.

Also, are there female dire trolls, or are they asexual? If the former, should I mod a female mauler y/n?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So I decided to paint Zaal 2 for the Crossroads league. I am mostly happy with him. Needs some touch ups but I am the point where I am making more mistakes than fixes so he will stay this way for a while.

For those who have painted him or something similar what is the best way to tackle the Skorne symbol on his back?

Ysera
Feb 19, 2012

Playing and painting poorly.

Alpha Phoenix posted:

Also, are there female dire trolls, or are they asexual? If the former, should I mod a female mauler y/n?

Unsure if there are or aren't, but you should not do this. That's how we get things like that Lylyth 1 conversion.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Alpha Phoenix posted:

I just want to say that all dire trolls are whores, regardless of gender, just in case 1 day I accidentally call one a whore.

In other news, turns out Baldur is a Warlock, NOT a Warcaster, and therefore does not have Power Field. Whoops.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
1-2 in first steamroller with Wale's wtc lists. 1st game shot off table by Sloan. Game 2 (skorne) opponent ended his 3rd turn with 5 min left, no cp, a dude in melee range of my kraken, caster in los, and no transfers. If I hadn't killed him I'd have just dug in and let him clock himself. 3rd game misjudged vengance+charge on some dawn guards and lost my kraken. It just slid downhill from there, especially rolling 1s on every ritsac roll.

Learned a lot, had a blast. Hope to keep doing this! Need to get more Cygnar reps in, also actually get to play Scaverous rather than getting shot off the table at the top of 2. Also totally need to work on order of activation with skarre, the skarlock, the kraken, and her sac targets.

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 17, 2016

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

It's funny seeing battle reports when you see both sides.

I am pretty sure the skorne player you beat was playing Hexy2 and ge wasted all his fury to kill your Kraken c/d?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

waah posted:

It's funny seeing battle reports when you see both sides.

I am pretty sure the skorne player you beat was playing Hexy2 and ge wasted all his fury to kill your Kraken c/d?

Nah he was Xerxis2. He spent his stack killing a feated stalker I had jumped into his back arc.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Gonna be a Venger Seneschal too, sooner rather than later:

http://store.privateerpress.com/exemplar-vengers-seneschal-horse-cloth

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

mp5 posted:

Gonna be a Venger Seneschal too, sooner rather than later:

http://store.privateerpress.com/exemplar-vengers-seneschal-horse-cloth

That is the unit leader.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

lokipunk posted:

Nah he was Xerxis2.

Unplayable trash!
Actually, can you remember his list? I'd love to know if someone found a way to make him at least adequate. Do you know if he won a game wirh him?

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Is pp planning on heavy calv coming out in plastic ever? Starting to warm up to uhlans but my wallet isn't.

Tiran Dirth
Feb 6, 2014

albany academy posted:

Is pp planning on heavy calv coming out in plastic ever? Starting to warm up to uhlans but my wallet isn't.

In those photos of random sprues and bits they released before Mk3, there was what appeared to be plastic Dawnguard Destors. If they're moving in to plastic it seems like most of the other heavy cav is likely to follow suit.

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Luebbi posted:

Unplayable trash!
Actually, can you remember his list? I'd love to know if someone found a way to make him at least adequate. Do you know if he won a game wirh him?

I'm not super knowledgeable about skorne but he had a big elephant with a shield, a bigger elephant with guns, a smaller dude with a shield, 10 long spear boys, 10 spear and shield boys, a couple whip boys, and a wizard something boy. I ran my satixis up and jammed and shredded the shield boys in the zone. My +5str/+5arm stalkers caused havoc on his back lines. He tried to jam the kraken but meat fueled killshots were too much.

Edit: he won 1 game on the bottom table. Oddly enough there were 3 Skorne players there, suprised I didn't run into more of them.

E2: oh yeah he also had a worm thing that took 2 turns to kill Saxon Orrik.

E3: pieced it together as best I could in whac:
75points [ Xerxis, Fury of Halaak ] WC:1 WB:4 U:3 S:1

Xerxis, Fury of Halaak(*29points)
* Mammoth(38points)
* Titan Sentry(15points)
* Cyclops Brute(8points)
* Razor Worm(7points)
Praetorian Keltarii(15points)(10models)
Praetorian Karax(11points)(10models)
Extoller Soulward(3points)
Paingiver Beast Handlers(7points)(6models)

lokipunk fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Sep 18, 2016

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Saalkin posted:

That's hand of judgment on the right my friend.

No, it's a Reckoner chassis. Left one is a Guardian/Indictor/HoJ chassis but the head is all wrong for it to be HoJ. HoJ has a single vision slit thingy, not two distinct eyes. It's shoulders also aren't the super beefy HoJ shoulders.

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 18, 2016

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

War Room Army

Cygnar - Come at me, bro!

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

Captain E. Dominic Darius - WJ: +29
- Halfjacks
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker - PC: 4
- Centurion - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 17)
- Centurion - PC: 17 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Centurion - PC: 17

Journeyman Warcaster - PC: 4
- Stormwall - PC: 39
- Lightning Pod
Ragman - PC: 4
Gobber Tinker - PC: 2

Don't even lie, you loving love this list.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Khisanth Magus posted:

That is the unit leader.

Welp I guess Kreoss3 already buffs them enough

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Maaaan now I really want to fight Karchev Mad Dog spam so I can drop Mohsar into it.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The Glacier King is a real bad model you guys.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

gannyGrabber posted:

Zerkova's character jack will be Karchev2

Nah, Karchev 2 is Irusk's character jack. They are best buds after spending all that time in that tube.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
For all of you endless whiners that piss and moan about how useless the play testers are; now is the time to put up or shut up:

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-09-19-2016

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Excelsiortothemax posted:

For all of you endless whiners that piss and moan about how useless the play testers are; now is the time to put up or shut up:

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-09-19-2016

merpandas :3

wtt cryx for waterbears

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Submerge + Inhospitable Ground + Injustice = Fair.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

rydiafan posted:

Submerge + Inhospitable Ground + Injustice = Fair.
If this is what PP usually sends to playtesters as a first draft it's no wonder the game's so poo poo. :smuggo:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Under the blatant poo poo, like that character solo's gun, there's some interesting subtle stuff I'm curious to see if people catch.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

rydiafan posted:

Under the blatant poo poo, like that character solo's gun, there's some interesting subtle stuff I'm curious to see if people catch.

I feel like assaulting ambushing knockdown guns aren't OK.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Harkano posted:

I feel like assaulting ambushing knockdown guns aren't OK.

Stop being a wuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Wizard Styles posted:

If this is what PP usually sends to playtesters as a first draft it's no wonder the game's so poo poo. :smuggo:

The post said that some things were intentionally very wrong, and the people wanting to be playtesters had to spot them.