Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It will be nice if the PC version lets you create a custom radio station like you can do in GTA games on PC by putting mp3's in a certain folder.

BUT, the likelihood of that happening is probably something like 0.3%.

The store description says you can "create a custom station from your own music collection with Groove Music".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Just use your rebranded ZunePass to make a custom station guys

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

It will be nice if the PC version lets you create a custom radio station like you can do in GTA games on PC by putting mp3's in a certain folder.

BUT, the likelihood of that happening is probably something like 0.3%.

Will be skipping this for now until it hits bargain status on PC. Digging the Ute with the CUUUUUUNT license plate tho :q:

The description in the Microsoft store on the pc says you can make your own station by supplying your own music library.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Music in racing games is pointless. All you need is vroom vroom.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

L_Harrison posted:

Music in a roadtrip-ish game is cool and good if the music isn't terrible. At least FH1 had New Order I guess.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

L_Harrison posted:

:agreed:

Although if the washtub impact noise from the demo makes it into the final game and is as annoying as I suspect it may become, I'll have to reconsider.
I've actually never raced to music except in fantasy games like Wipeout, or in GTA.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dr. Faustus posted:

:agreed:

Although if the washtub impact noise from the demo makes it into the final game and is as annoying as I suspect it may become, I'll have to reconsider.
I've actually never raced to music except in fantasy games like Wipeout, or in GTA.

Don't play while taking a bath?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

jabro posted:

Don't play while taking a bath?
poo poo. I am owned.

E: Grammar self-own.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 19, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Based on previous entries in this series, is there a way to de-bro the presentation of the game? Like being able to turn off the NPC voices, robot GPS thing, etc?

I just wanna race, and don't care for the NPC's reminding you every minute that "THIS IS THE SICKEST RACE PARTY EVER WAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!!! OZ-TRAYLIA BRO!!!!"

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Based on previous entries in this series, is there a way to de-bro the presentation of the game? Like being able to turn off the NPC voices, robot GPS thing, etc?

I just wanna race, and don't care for the NPC's reminding you every minute that "THIS IS THE SICKEST RACE PARTY EVER WAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!!! OZ-TRAYLIA BRO!!!!"

In options you can change the bro setting to off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Horizon 3 has really good audio settings. You can turn down or completely off anything you want. I always turn off radio, and voice. Although the demo did have a bug where you could still hear that stuff.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If you didn't choose the UTE you are wrong and bad. :colbert:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

What's the best way to buy Horizon 3 so I get both versions? Just get on the MS store?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Buying it digitally should get you both. Buying a physical xbone version will not get you both.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Been a few months that I've been this pumped for a game, I just REALLY LIKE CARS

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
If I buy the FH3 Ultimate Edition physical copy on amazon, I save $20 but I lose out on the all star car pack?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Aside from the preorder cars which aren't anything special, you can buy everything available from the in game store including VIP and whatever else.

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Aside from the preorder cars which aren't anything special, you can buy everything available from the in game store including VIP and whatever else.

Oh, so the difference is just whether or not you get to start with the cars already in your garage?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The hard copy on Amazon lists the all star car pack.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Soooo the ultimate edition releases on the 23rd of September but I can't find anything on which country/timezone they're using. And just to confuse things even more, the invoice from the Microsoft store says its available from the 22nd.
:psyduck:

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I preordered physical from MS store but still says processing, damnit. I want to KNOW i will have this in my hands and WHEN!

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
VOD of today's twitch reveal of Forza Horizon 3 is here if anyone else missed it: https://www.twitch.tv/forzamotorsport/v/90250350

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

comatose posted:

Soooo the ultimate edition releases on the 23rd of September but I can't find anything on which country/timezone they're using. And just to confuse things even more, the invoice from the Microsoft store says its available from the 22nd.

For FM6 launch they used UTC.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
So on the Twitch stream they showed the Agera with the add-on roof luggage and the Reliant with the training wheels on the front.

Game of the Year.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

The hype wave is cresting, just release the drat thing!

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
will fh3 be good or bad

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

SquirrelGrip posted:

will fh3 be good or bad

Yes

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

SquirrelGrip posted:

will fh3 be good or bad

There is no doubt about it

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
how close to driving in f6 is it i cant tell from the demo, the cars feel boaty

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004

jabro posted:

The hard copy on Amazon lists the all star car pack.

Not sure how I missed that, thanks!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

track day bro! posted:

In options you can change the bro setting to off.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Can I keep just Occasional fist bumps and leave endless partying set to "on"?

Because if not I'm cancelling my preorder again and gently caress turn10 forever!!!!!

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

comatose posted:

When I look in the store, it lists the release date as 10 PM on the 22nd, so midnight Eastern.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
This does not bode well for my sleep before work on Friday. Expecting the ubiquitous delay in getting started, plus the desire to stay up way too late to get through the hand-holding/cutscene bullshit, I'll report to work. In body, not in spirit.

VV Please do not come into contact with KOH. The worst I can do is allow a dangerous material to be loaded onto a commercial airline flight and... umm... nevermind. I'll sleep. VV

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Sep 20, 2016

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dr. Faustus posted:

This does not bode well for my sleep before work on Friday. Expecting the ubiquitous delay in getting started, plus the desire to stay up way too late to get through the hand-holding/cutscene bullshit, I'll report to work. In body, not in spirit.

Same, gonna accidentally pour KOH on myself so hard but it'll be worth it

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Should I buy this new driving video game? I'm afraid it won't save me from WoW.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It will not, because unlike WoW, you can actually have fun sometimes.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Spending $100 just to get the game a few days early seems like the stupidest thing ever, but I'm pretty frickin tempted right now.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

There is only one escape from WoW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
If I play Horizon 3 on PC and want to use my own music, can I just put mp3s in a specific directory and be good to go, or do I have to pay for a Groove Music subscription?

• Locked thread