Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I will play on dirty pubbie servers and I WILL rez your worthless meatsack again and again while wasting motherfuckers with my popgun. It was the only way to get poo poo done sometimes in previous titles. I had to build my personal zombie army to catch bullets for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

sbaldrick posted:

The lack of "this guys needs a revive" marker made it impossible unless you where right next to them.

Also people holding down space even though that just means they'll have to wait at the map screen to respawn.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I played mostly support and got rezzed a total of TWO times in Conquest, the second time it happened me and the medic immediately got ran over by the hvy tank that killed me the first time, so that was pretty cool I guess.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

deathrat posted:

It worked the same way as defibs in BF4

Which was? This is my first BF game I've tried

and like

my second pvp fps ever

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...02&sf48747666=1

Asinine changes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

-Capturing the objectives AND getting kills will both contribute towards the final score of a Conquest match

-The Light Tank, which is a bit too effective in the Open Beta, will definitely receive some work, and we agree that Horses can take a few too many rounds at the moment.

-We've also learned through the Beta that you guys need more tools to deal with vehicles earlier, which we'll definitely look into (including a Gadget for the Support class which should help neutralize powerful vehicles).

Changes seem alright. I'd rather hear what's going on with the rented servers and how much you can do on them.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 20, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Hopefully support is getting a unique item for dealing with vehicles. It would be neat if they got some sort of trap that could immobilize a tank. Something that's Support-y, as opposed to gadgets that make Assault irrelevant.

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

-Capturing the objectives AND getting kills will both contribute towards the final score of a Conquest match

-The Light Tank, which is a bit too effective in the Open Beta, will definitely receive some work, and we agree that Horses can take a few too many rounds at the moment.

-We've also learned through the Beta that you guys need more tools to deal with vehicles earlier, which we'll definitely look into (including a Gadget for the Support class which should help neutralize powerful vehicles).

Changes seem alright. I'd rather hear what's going on with the rented servers and how much you can do on them.

When I said changes I meant specifically making kills count while ignoring everything else because I'm a child. Maybe it won't be that bad but I'm not looking forward to that.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

"The next time you play the game, capturing the objectives AND getting kills will both contribute towards the final score of a Conquest match. "? Why is this a good/useful change?

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled

tehinternet posted:

Heh.

I'm the Brett Favre of badmins. I send pubbies pictures of my dick I'm never truly done badminning. It changes you. It never leaves.

No one knows what it's like
to be the badmin

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Because when kills mean nothing, the way to win when you're down even 1 flag is to avoid all combat and always go to the least defended flag. Not really conducive to fun.

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe

tehinternet posted:

Heh.

I'm the Brett Favre of badmins. I send pubbies pictures of my dick I'm never truly done badminning. It changes you. It never leaves.

hmu dude

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

K8.0 posted:

Because when kills mean nothing, the way to win when you're down even 1 flag is to avoid all combat and always go to the least defended flag. Not really conducive to fun.

So what you're saying is that when you're not winning because the enemy attacked successfully, the way to win in the new system would be to successfully attack them?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Because snipers will sit up in the rocks all day and never go near the flag but will probably twitch their 30-1 KDRs.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Yeah the old system was stupid and they're keeping it because retards can't understand why. The new system was easier to understand, didn't punish aggressive play and made the rounds end in roughly the same amount of time regardless of how populated a server was.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Here's a cool idea: count kills earned around flags, give snipers zero credit unless they're standing on a point. This one's free. Call it "Flag Attacker / 100 pts +1 ticket"

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Wales Grey posted:

So what you're saying is that when you're not winning because the enemy attacked successfully, the way to win in the new system would be to successfully attack them?

No, the way to win would be to avoid attacking them and stand on empty flags a lot. Riveting gameplay.

Doubly true when combined with the fact that attacking uncontested flags gives you enormous points and defending flags gives you dick all.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Battlefield isn't just about shooting bad guys, it's about cunning and strategy too

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://cdkeyprices.com/battlefield-1-cd-key

Do any of those look legit cause I'm sure as hell not giving ea $109 AUD

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

K8.0 posted:

No, the way to win would be to avoid attacking them and stand on empty flags a lot. Riveting gameplay.

Doubly true when combined with the fact that attacking uncontested flags gives you enormous points and defending flags gives you dick all.

You say this and yet this poo poo didn't happen at all in the beta. People always went to where the most fighting was because they wanted to shoot at people. You can make the score system into a the most huge convoluted mess possible and it would not change this fact.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

K8.0 posted:

Behaviour never seen because people play shooters to shoot people.

E:FB

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Cdkeys has never done me wrong.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

When you make the key to winning not fun most people don't play to win, no poo poo? That's all the more reason to make winning be about doing various fun things and not mostly about which team has five guys willing to sit in an armored car all game running around capping flags but running away from any serious opposition. It's exactly what happened in the beta, goons stopped focusing on winning once we realized that doing it consistently involved playing in ways that aren't fun.

EA has a history of loving people who buy out of region keys. Make sure you get an English region key or you will probably be stuck with the game in Russian and having to download some pack to fix it every time they patch and maybe getting banned. That's the only thing that really matters.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 20, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

DeliciousPatriotism posted:

So my connect at EA confirmed that the classic ticket system is coming back, but the player score system is staying. Medics rejoice.

It is not going to be the same system. Not sure where your getting your info but it is just kills adding a ticket to the existing counting upward version we have. Capping flags will still mean more and be more effective. The scoring system is unchanged expect for kills adding a point to your total.

Wales Grey posted:

"The next time you play the game, capturing the objectives AND getting kills will both contribute towards the final score of a Conquest match. "? Why is this a good/useful change?

It's not it just lets useless idiots camp off of flags padding their k/d act like they made a difference. Even with the more "kill" focused scoring systems used in 3 & 4 actual kills made a difference in who won or lost in less than 2% of all games. So yeah it is just being added so all the pro skills YouTubers and stat padders are not forced to see that they are useless to the team. The easiest way to see this is when people argue against the new system and none of them can without talking about their epeen scoreboard placement.

^^^^^ bahaha you think you kills mean poo poo? Understand that they don't and neither does your k/d. Also these examples of how people will play the game you keep bringing up are literally shitthatdidnthappen.txt but since your repeating exactly what levelcap said using the exact same wording I think it's easy to see why your so misinformed.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 20, 2016

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

K8.0 posted:

So in what way does making kills directly impact conquest score—moreso than they already do when getting kills is still important even if it doesn't impact tickets directly because if you aren't getting kills you aren't successfully attacking or defending flags which is the whole point of playing conquest mode as opposed to TDM—improve BFONE? Flag defenses also gave you like an extra half-kill (or more) worth of points per kill, more so if you had a squad leader drop an order on the point you're defending, so I'm not really sure where you're getting this "defending flags gives you dick all".

K8.0 posted:

When you make the key to winning not fun most people don't play to win, no poo poo? That's all the more reason to make winning be about doing various fun things and not mostly about which team has five guys willing to sit in an armored car all game running around capping flags but running away from any serious opposition. It's exactly what happened in the beta, goons stopped focusing on winning once we realized that doing it consistently involved playing in ways that aren't fun.

Since you're claiming that attacking/defending flags, using a variety of weapons and tools to eliminate hostile players, is not only "not fun" but doesn't matter in winning because the only thing that matters for winning the round is taking/holding flags (using a plethora of authentic WW1 materiel), I really have to ask did you play the beta, like at all? Have you ever played a Battlefield game?

And the counter to the five guys in an armored car is to hit the armored car with AT weapons. Perhaps from a defensive position at/near/on the way to a flag? And those kills will directly benefit your team's odds of winning the match because you've both eliminated five players that could be somewhere else and removed a valuable asset from the enemy team.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 20, 2016

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

Letting the ideas get crazier and more esoteric, how about getting kills makes your own team/squad respawn faster? Has that ever been a thing? Players often react better to boons rather than disadvantages anyhow. And it could get loving hilarious unless they seriously do something about spawning on people in combat seriously it's been a couple years DICE please stop letting players spawn on the corpses of people I've got in a melee takedown.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Chronojam posted:

please stop letting players spawn on the corpses of people I've got in a melee takedown.

You can melee from the AA?? :aaa:

:clint:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

You can melee from the AA?? :aaa:

:clint:

Roadkills naturally

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Too much of the logic behind the Conquest point system debate is about people making up scenarios. "Everybody will just run around to all the points capping?" Did anyone do that in either the alpha or beta? Also, wouldn't it mean that "everybody" will just end up running into each other along the way? Or "Now medics will be helping the team?" I don't think so. I could probably count on two hands the amount of times I was revived by pubs in any Battlefield game, and I don't think the same people who can't be assed to even occasionally throw down a med pack/ammo pack are going to be strategically reviving players to help the team's chances of winning.

I liked the new system a lot. I rarely saw a complete stomping victory in the beta.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 20, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Ea keys are generally in one of 3 regions: NA keys are Spanish, English, French; international (so called worldwide) keys are the same as NA keys, plus other European languages as well as Chinese/ Japanese. Ru/CIS and Polish keys are generally marked multiple times so that people don't buy them (they're also far cheaper because of it). Most keys are going to be the world wide editions.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Plan Z posted:

Too much of the logic behind the Conquest point system debate is about people making up scenarios. "Everybody will just run around to all the points capping?" Did anyone do that in either the alpha or beta? Also, wouldn't it mean that "everybody" will just end up running into each other along the way? Or "Now medics will be helping the team?" I don't think so. I could probably count on two hands the amount of times I was revived by pubs in any Battlefield game, and I don't think the same people who can't be assed to even occasionally throw down a med pack/ammo pack are going to be strategically reviving players to help the team's chances of winning.

I liked the new system a lot. I rarely saw a complete stomping victory in the beta.

I haven't played battlefield since 1942, It seemed like making the flags more important would make people focus more on them if they wanted to win. I don't get some peoples hate. :shrug:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Tarantula posted:

I haven't played battlefield since 1942, It seemed like making the flags more important would make people focus more on them if they wanted to win. I don't get some peoples hate. :shrug:

It did all through the beta. The squeaky wheel was all the tdm players who can't tdm unless the enemy team is distracted. Basically stat padders, k/d whores, youtubers and scoreboard junkies all bitched because they became meaningless on that battlefield, not that they had meaning before but the scoreboard was their friend in helping them KNOW they were awesome and it was all their teams fault they lost. I mean hey flags will still win 99.9% of all games and still give more points so it's probably the most meh thing to change and will have little effect on their scores and they will find further excuses as to why we need it to be just like bf3.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
lol just lol if you play a battlefield game for any other reason than to be at the top of the scoreboard

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

New Concept Hole posted:

Hopefully support is getting a unique item for dealing with vehicles. It would be neat if they got some sort of trap that could immobilize a tank. Something that's Support-y, as opposed to gadgets that make Assault irrelevant.
If that works like the mine, it'll be 100% useless. The maps are way to open, and I made a habit out of crashing through houses when I saw dug in dismounts. Also 360 degs turrets.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

K8.0 posted:

It's as if dice's designed an unrewarding game mode. Unbelievable, I know.

If the actual gameplay reflected a passing interest in how things unravel when people legit PTFO this wouldn't an issue.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

You guys worry about this poo poo every release cycle. We go through the same discussion over and over and over again about how hill wookies don't contribute anything and blablabla. Honestly it's not that big of a deal, yeah sometimes you'll be the only guy who seems to be doing anything on your team and you lose because other people didn't help but so what? do you have to win every round? Play with goons or join a clan (lol if you join a clan in 2016) if you absolutely need teamwork.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I don't know why you guys say running from one flag to another was a thing that never happened. I can't speak for this new one as I haven't played it, but I have both witnessed and partaken in flag hopping in the past.

E: maybe you just have to deign to play with pubbies

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Admittedly the last BF game I played with regularity was 2142 but I was also a dedicated flag hopper. Whenever there is no teamwork going on sometimes all you can think to do is go rambo and take a one man infiltration mission deep into enemy territory.

It's me. I'm the guy who will stand next to an empty flag for twenty minutes in an FPS if it makes a meaningless game-screen tell me I won and other people lost.

Edit- That said I don't really care either way how the new BF works; I just wanna play it with friends :D

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

evil_bunnY posted:

If that works like the mine, it'll be 100% useless. The maps are way to open, and I made a habit out of crashing through houses when I saw dug in dismounts. Also 360 degs turrets.

This guy knows what's up. Always poke your nose through buildings with armor when looking for delicious infantry inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
For those of you interested:

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/778270019780214784?s=09