Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Whiskey Sours posted:

This girl is adorable where do I buy her dinner?

that gif's basically in response to randos asking that all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

I feel like killing an elephant is just ever so slightly higher on the difficulty to hunt scale than a dairy cow.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Whiskey Sours posted:

This girl is adorable where do I buy her dinner?

Someone here mentioned she once cancelled a show for somebody in the audience making such a comment, so your odds aren't great.

Epic High Five posted:

who has two thumbs and is ready to sit in a bathtub and smoke a bunch of weed be all depressed tomorrow after that Tulsa execution and the BLM protests and the inevitable, boilerplate response to it among seemingly everybody

this guy

Nice avatar/post/existential weariness combo.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Johnny Five-Aces, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dolash posted:

Someone here mentioned she once cancelled a show for somebody in the audience making such a comment, so your odds aren't great.

shameful

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/778149203927306240

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

harem anime true purpose revealed

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dolash posted:

Na she just flipped the bird to a guy who kept shouting "marry me" throughout the entire show after telling him to cut it out and his response was to call her a bitch.

my last nite crew post is this gif, namaste

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Four Score posted:

you're boring and unfunny and nobody likes you. I would rather read a hundred Baloogan shitposts than one of your insufferable soapbox rants. please go away

All you do is post C-SPAM catchphrases and poo poo on people. "Nobody likes you"? This isn't high school. There are no cool kids. Everyone here sucks, especially you.

Just put me on ignore. making GBS threads on me and Baloogan and telling Boosted to wear the hat is a good route to superstardom but you gotta weave in some actual content, oh i dont know, something like

E: and pointing out katrina did the "obama created isis" thing a year ago and got called out for saying something too insane even for the Trump campaign is a hilarious observation so gently caress you

E2: nice meltdown

Oiled and Ready fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Sep 20, 2016

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastgirl posted:

Na she just flipped the bird to a guy who kept shouting "marry me" throughout the entire show after telling him to cut it out and his response was to call her a bitch.

my last nite crew post is this gif, namaste

aeon flux got my dick hard on liquid tv

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
aeon flux is the only good anime

because its not an anime

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

steinrokkan posted:

aeon flux is the only good anime

because its not an anime

reign the conqueror was also good,

made by same guy who made aeon flux and rugrats

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

[O]utside the ordered universe [is] that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Johnny Five-Aces, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

man looking back lovecraft wasn't even trying to hide how super racist he was

though "racism to the degree that he literally cannot comprehend native americans existing" is pretty novel i'll admit

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Oiled and Ready posted:

but you gotta weave in some actual content,

it doesn't even have to be good content, just try a dumb joke

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
it pains me every time i realize that firefly didn't get 10 seasons

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Baloogan posted:

This is why it's remembered fondly imho

plus no musical episode

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Baloogan posted:

stop making sense right now

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

This is why it's remembered fondly imho

plus no musical episode

i once had 2 girls blow me while watching the musical episode of buffy,

from this oddly specific fantasy made manifest i conclude there is nothing wrong with musical episodes

on an unrelated note the musical episode of xena did not exist what musical episode there never was one

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Yinlock posted:

man looking back lovecraft wasn't even trying to hide how super racist he was

though "racism to the degree that he literally cannot comprehend native americans existing" is pretty novel i'll admit

Red Hook is a maze of hybrid squalor near the ancient waterfront opposite Governor’s Island, with dirty highways climbing the hill from the wharves to that higher ground where the decayed lengths of Clinton and Court Streets lead off toward the Borough Hall. Its houses are mostly of brick, dating from the first quarter to the middle of the nineteenth century, and some of the obscurer alleys and byways have that alluring antique flavour which conventional reading leads us to call “Dickensian”. The population is a hopeless tangle and enigma; Syrian, Spanish, Italian, and negro elements impinging upon one another, and fragments of Scandinavian and American belts lying not far distant. It is a babel of sound and filth, and sends out strange cries to answer the lapping of oily waves at its grimy piers and the monstrous organ litanies of the harbour whistles. Here long ago a brighter picture dwelt, with clear-eyed mariners on the lower streets and homes of taste and substance where the larger houses line the hill. One can trace the relics of this former happiness in the trim shapes of the buildings, the occasional graceful churches, and the evidences of original art and background in bits of detail here and there—a worn flight of steps, a battered doorway, a wormy pair of decorative columns or pilasters, or a fragment of once green space with bent and rusted iron railing. The houses are generally in solid blocks, and now and then a many-windowed cupola arises to tell of days when the households of captains and ship-owners watched the sea.

From this tangle of material and spiritual putrescence the blasphemies of an hundred dialects assail the sky. Hordes of prowlers reel shouting and singing along the lanes and thoroughfares, occasional furtive hands suddenly extinguish lights and pull down curtains, and swarthy, sin-pitted faces disappear from windows when visitors pick their way through. Policemen despair of order or reform, and seek rather to erect barriers protecting the outside world from the contagion. The clang of the patrol is answered by a kind of spectral silence, and such prisoners as are taken are never communicative. Visible offences are as varied as the local dialects, and run the gamut from the smuggling of rum and prohibited aliens through diverse stages of lawlessness and obscure vice to murder and mutilation in their most abhorrent guises. That these visible affairs are not more frequent is not to the neighbourhood’s credit, unless the power of concealment be an art demanding credit. More people enter Red Hook than leave it—or at least, than leave it by the landward side—and those who are not loquacious are the likeliest to leave.

Malone found in this state of things a faint stench of secrets more terrible than any of the sins denounced by citizens and bemoaned by priests and philanthropists. He was conscious, as one who united imagination with scientific knowledge, that modern people under lawless conditions tend uncannily to repeat the darkest instinctive patterns of primitive half-ape savagery in their daily life and ritual observances; and he had often viewed with an anthropologist’s shudder the chanting, cursing processions of blear-eyed and pockmarked young men which wound their way along in the dark small hours of morning. One saw groups of these youths incessantly; sometimes in leering vigils on street corners, sometimes in doorways playing eerily on cheap instruments of music, sometimes in stupefied dozes or indecent dialogues around cafeteria tables near Borough Hall, and sometimes in whispering converse around dingy taxicabs drawn up at the high stoops of crumbling and closely shuttered old houses.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!
I don't think Lovecraft would have liked rap very much.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no you don't understand, immigrants are a vicious cancer. and refugees are like poisoned skittles. and all muslims need to be banned. and there needs to be a wall, a big wall, and we need to deport 12 million mexicans

and mexicans are rapists

and you are complaining about some author?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Baloogan posted:

no you don't understand, immigrants are a vicious cancer. and refugees are like poisoned skittles. and all muslims need to be banned. and there needs to be a wall, a big wall, and we need to deport 12 million mexicans

and mexicans are rapists

and you are complaining about some author?

actually an accomplished horror writer who's entire work comes from him being unable to comprehend minorities is pretty funny

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Yinlock posted:

actually an accomplished horror writer who's entire work comes from him being unable to comprehend minorities is pretty funny

He was pretty open about the fact that the cosmic horror his protagonists encounter was just the fact that his rational atheism forced him to admit that attachment to white, anglo racial and cultural superiority had no basis in reality and would be meaningless to future generations.

If you want a connection to the election, well, there's a reason why Lovecraft is so popular on 4chan. Funny, because he would have despised them too; he'd probably be in the "reluctantly voting for Hillary because Trump is repulsive" camp.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Baloogan posted:

joss whedon sucks balls

firefly is ok but would've turned to absolute poo poo if it lasted even a season longer because joss whedon loving sucks

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

He was pretty open about the fact that the cosmic horror his protagonists encounter was just the fact that his rational atheism forced him to admit that attachment to white, anglo cultural and cultural superiority had no basis in reality and would be meaningless to future generations.

If you want a connection to the election, well, there's a reason why Lovecraft is so popular on 4chan. Funny, because he would have despised them too; he'd probably be in the "reluctantly voting for Hillary because Trump is repulsive" camp.

to be fair i can't comprehend why the gently caress trump's orange, maybe we're not so different after all

makes u think

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
i don't know who that is, ive heard his name but i don't care

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Yinlock posted:

:thejoke: bril

efb

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Baloogan posted:

i don't know who that is, ive heard his name but i don't care

caring is the new not caring, Baloogan

I was extreme vetting some Skittles. Did I miss anything?

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Hodgepodge posted:

He was pretty open about the fact that the cosmic horror his protagonists encounter was just the fact that his rational atheism forced him to admit that attachment to white, anglo racial and cultural superiority had no basis in reality and would be meaningless to future generations.

Nah. He'd be chthonically tweeting 4 Trump about the unspeakeble horrors of the lesser races nonstop. And the Donald would offer him Sec of HUD position.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Good morning, Nite Crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FwwBYzU2gE

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7vS4z6ngQo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hodgepodge posted:

Red Hook is a maze of hybrid squalor near the ancient waterfront opposite Governor’s Island, with dirty highways climbing the hill from the wharves to that higher ground where the decayed lengths of Clinton and Court Streets lead off toward the Borough Hall. Its houses are mostly of brick, dating from the first quarter to the middle of the nineteenth century, and some of the obscurer alleys and byways have that alluring antique flavour which conventional reading leads us to call “Dickensian”. The population is a hopeless tangle and enigma; Syrian, Spanish, Italian, and negro elements impinging upon one another, and fragments of Scandinavian and American belts lying not far distant. It is a babel of sound and filth, and sends out strange cries to answer the lapping of oily waves at its grimy piers and the monstrous organ litanies of the harbour whistles. Here long ago a brighter picture dwelt, with clear-eyed mariners on the lower streets and homes of taste and substance where the larger houses line the hill. One can trace the relics of this former happiness in the trim shapes of the buildings, the occasional graceful churches, and the evidences of original art and background in bits of detail here and there—a worn flight of steps, a battered doorway, a wormy pair of decorative columns or pilasters, or a fragment of once green space with bent and rusted iron railing. The houses are generally in solid blocks, and now and then a many-windowed cupola arises to tell of days when the households of captains and ship-owners watched the sea.

From this tangle of material and spiritual putrescence the blasphemies of an hundred dialects assail the sky. Hordes of prowlers reel shouting and singing along the lanes and thoroughfares, occasional furtive hands suddenly extinguish lights and pull down curtains, and swarthy, sin-pitted faces disappear from windows when visitors pick their way through. Policemen despair of order or reform, and seek rather to erect barriers protecting the outside world from the contagion. The clang of the patrol is answered by a kind of spectral silence, and such prisoners as are taken are never communicative. Visible offences are as varied as the local dialects, and run the gamut from the smuggling of rum and prohibited aliens through diverse stages of lawlessness and obscure vice to murder and mutilation in their most abhorrent guises. That these visible affairs are not more frequent is not to the neighbourhood’s credit, unless the power of concealment be an art demanding credit. More people enter Red Hook than leave it—or at least, than leave it by the landward side—and those who are not loquacious are the likeliest to leave.

Malone found in this state of things a faint stench of secrets more terrible than any of the sins denounced by citizens and bemoaned by priests and philanthropists. He was conscious, as one who united imagination with scientific knowledge, that modern people under lawless conditions tend uncannily to repeat the darkest instinctive patterns of primitive half-ape savagery in their daily life and ritual observances; and he had often viewed with an anthropologist’s shudder the chanting, cursing processions of blear-eyed and pockmarked young men which wound their way along in the dark small hours of morning. One saw groups of these youths incessantly; sometimes in leering vigils on street corners, sometimes in doorways playing eerily on cheap instruments of music, sometimes in stupefied dozes or indecent dialogues around cafeteria tables near Borough Hall, and sometimes in whispering converse around dingy taxicabs drawn up at the high stoops of crumbling and closely shuttered old houses.

yes sir but do you want fries with your meal

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

It will be more than three poisonous skittles if Trump wins the election and we have no more food and drug inspectors.

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016
Could somebody explain to me what is the skittles thing?
Keeping up with this thread is madness

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Trump said that refugees are literally skittles and you shouldn't eat that many skittles at once, so you shouldn't eat that many refugees at once either.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

petit choux posted:

Nah. He'd be chthonically tweeting 4 Trump about the unspeakeble horrors of the lesser races nonstop. And the Donald would offer him Sec of HUD position.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Trump 2016.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 226 days!

Yinlock posted:

to be fair i can't comprehend why the gently caress trump's orange, maybe we're not so different after all

makes u think

It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self — not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep — the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as DON-ALDTRUMP, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yugeoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign...

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Anything interesting happen last night?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Anything interesting happen last night?

Hodgepodge posted:

It was an All-in-One and One-in-All of limitless being and self — not merely a thing of one Space-Time continuum, but allied to the ultimate animating essence of existence's whole unbounded sweep — the last, utter sweep which has no confines and which outreaches fancy and mathematics alike. It was perhaps that which certain secret cults of earth have whispered of as DON-ALDTRUMP, and which has been a deity under other names; that which the crustaceans of Yugeoth worship as the Beyond-One, and which the vaporous brains of the spiral nebulae know by an untranslatable Sign...

oh yknow the usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
excuse me, sir, this is an internet comedy forum

• Locked thread