Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

MechaCrash posted:

Hey guys, do you like completely unverified rumors?

Neither do I, but since Nintendo is being tight-lipped it's all we have to go on. Courtesy of this Twitter account, we have some stuff with basically nothing to back it, but due to the lack of anything solid to talk about gently caress it here we go anyway.

According to this, which I will summarize because it strikes me as easier than linking individual tweets (especially if they vanish somehow), the official name of the handheld half is the "3DSwap." The big thing is "one ecosystem, two devices, three ways to play." No, what that means is not gone into. Some games will be a "forward" edition, which means you get a box with a Wii U disc and NX cartridge, the ones specifically mentioned being Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Brothers. Other launch window games are going to be a New Mario game, Metroid, Pokemon, Call of Duty, and a new flavor of Skylanders. Monster Hunter, Resident Evil 7, and a new Ace Attorney are also in the works, as well as two NX exclusive titles from Platinum. And apparently there's going to be some sort of connectivity and streaming between the home unit and handheld unit.

If this stuff about the NX unit and 3DSwap is accurate, I hope it's all included in one package, and not two things you have to buy separately. But that assumes any of this is accurate at all, and at this point, who knows?

The pictures of the wires and the dirty vent have convinced me #3DSwap #NX #NINTENDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Those pictures were amazing. Like it's not even "here's what I can plausibly deny is the unit," it's just random bullshit. It's loving nothing.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

the games should mods just start probating people for posting the stupidest loving rumors

hey guys i learned how to make a stupid loving eye graphic by skewing clipart arrows look at my leaks

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The 3DSwap is alright but I prefer the 3DSDago

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

zolthorg posted:

the games should mods just start probating people for posting the stupidest loving rumors

I don't think I want to do that.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
Just nail them in the balls.

Like a diva.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Anyone know what a "developer embargo" is? Googling it just gets me hits for review embargos.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i would imagine it's when they can't talk about what they're developing on

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Anyone know what a "developer embargo" is? Googling it just gets me hits for review embargos.

Probably when devs cant mention their project on a new system until that system is revealed? Maybe because it would reveal features of the new hardware? Idk

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

a Wii U disc and NX cartridge,

If they bring back cartridges over digital download codes I truly won't know what to say.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i've prepared some remarks for you, feel free to use them:

aw neat
cool
looking good
thanks nintendo
game paks, yes please
let's-a go

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Some actual news, thank god. Well, news-ish.

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/778201149186805760

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Bayonetta amiibo is coming, video games are saved

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

If they bring back cartridges over digital download codes I truly won't know what to say.

Say that as large number of consumers don't have good internet for downloading full games, cable companies are starting to put in data caps, a handheld console doesn't have a lot of room for onboard storage, they'll still have digital downloads as well anyway, retailers want physical items to resell and conveners want physical items to trade in, and cartridges are high capacity, durable, reliable, fast, and inexpensive now.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

if nintendo does this instead of that... well... i'll enjoy playing their games on the playstation 5 :D

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

oddium posted:

if nintendo does this instead of that... well... i'll enjoy playing their games on the playstation 5 :D

Oh no Nintendo, you better not allow me to continue getting 20% off when preordering your games on Amazon. You'll make no money and collapse!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

well why not posted:

They're not bringing back carts, they've been using them this whole time. NX gamea will come on 3DS cart-like carts with more storage.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Noahfromfuture/status/778205237257596928

https://twitter.com/Noahfromfuture/status/778205354849079296

Oh really now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo making M Rated games loving lol.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

No title says M rating to me like Mermaid Legends.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

The M is for mermaid.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Perhaps you all remember Nintendo's most famous M-rated game? It was on the Gamecube, a bit of a cult classic? That's right, I'm talking about Geist.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The mermaids are topless

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

greatn posted:

The mermaids are topless

that just a fish tail, are they still mermaids at that point

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I just got DQ7, which should tide me over until the NX is released has games

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

greatn posted:

The mermaids are topless

The top is fish.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this whole twitter is just embarrassing why do people even bother making this poo poo up. furthermore if you want believe to even slightly believe your dogshit, maybe don't say BG+E2 is a thing because LOL

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Yorkshire Tea posted:

The top is fish.

:barf:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
if nintendo wants to make money and the nx to be successful they'll make metroid beach volleyball. there, was that so hard?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Samus is the ball, but also a volleyball player, by stepping out of her suit and remotely activating morph ball.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Raserys posted:

if nintendo wants to make money and the nx to be successful they'll make metroid beach volleyball. there, was that so hard?

You play as a bunch of federation force man soldiers in beach suits hitting a samus morphball around. Metroid!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1oSrKj_qw

NX NX NX, What's NX?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Solved the riddle of the sphiNX

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This is a masterpiece.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Other details from that twitter
  • 3DSwap will be availably in two colors at launch, terra cotta and buff
  • Advance Wars is back as a dating sim
  • 3DSwap will have a drawer for snacks
  • All 3DSwap games will support user-created mods
  • Two different typing games at launch, at least three more within the launch window

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

holy poo poo, this is great

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

• Two different typing games at launch, at least three more within the launch window

God a nintendo console that allows user created mods.

what if Breath of the Wild allowed users to make mods

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kashuno posted:

God a nintendo console that allows user created mods.

what if Breath of the Wild allowed users to make mods

A compromise is reached that settes the "what if Link was a girl?" controversy forever as everyone immediately downloads the mod that turns Link into a futa

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"we’re going to capture everything you know and love about Bayonetta – every detail down to the exact sizes of her glasses and eyes"

I like the secrets reveal part https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9064

• Locked thread