Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

This new social space sucks balls.

Please do NOT ruin Destiny: Combat Evolved: Rise Of Iron for me, Poom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So is destiny good now

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Calaveron posted:

So is destiny good now

Destiny has always been good.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Calaveron posted:

So is destiny good now

Please keep posting this question, it's spicy!

First mission was forgettable but now I'm on my way to work. Got up early because I was so excited that I couldn't sleep in!

Just like Christmas, disappointment and all.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
Does the raid unlock after finishing the story missions like TTK?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Just FYI, it looks like you can still complete the old True Meaning of War bounty, in addition to turning in old already completed ones for new rewards. I had it at 3/5 on my warlock because I could 't do more without rolling over crucible rep and it went to 4/5 after I turned in a completed weekly from last week. This is really only useful if you hung onto enough bounties to fill it up.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hello,

Is the New Monarchy armor still cool and good?

Thanks,

poor life choice AKA brownview

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

scaterry posted:

Unlocks on the 23rd

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/CtTjLWm.gifv

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

scaterry posted:

probably, but the raid doesn't unlock for anybody until Friday.
e:fb etc

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Dinosaur Gum
Expansion in a nutshell

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MoistTurtleneck/video/21703208

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

poor life choice posted:

Hello,

Is the New Monarchy armor still cool and good?

Thanks,

poor life choice AKA brownview

You have a choice between chroma gear and the y2 legendary set.

I think.

Never paid close attention to their faction armor but that's the jist I got

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just so nobody else ends up wasting as much time as I did on the Gjallerhorn quest, Site 6 is located through Archons Forge past The Warrens.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Agreed with previous sentiment - most of the missions are alright, last mission is dope.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This is a great change. Now I can get full Gunsmith rep every week.

quote:

Armsday/Gunsmith

Removed the SUROS TSR-10 Rocket Launcher Test Weapon that required Crucible kills
Removed the Häkke Test-A Shotgun Test weapon that required Crucible kills

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

scaterry posted:

It's locked until friday

So anyone got any ideas for vendor weapons? NM hand cannon looks good, so does crucible.

Some of the scouts and I think one of the pulse rifles, DO shotgun... one or two of the rocket launchers looked alright. Anything else?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Calaveron posted:

So is destiny good now

Hey man seriously getting sweaty on a raid with a bunch of goons is a lot of good fun so you don't have to ask.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Anyone tried out the FWC fusion yet?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I let my brother borrow my PS4 (keeping it for a year or so). Is Rise of Iron cool enough to justify taking it back or should I just skip Rise of Iron and wait for the inevitable Destiny 2 PC release?

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I let my brother borrow my PS4 (keeping it for a year or so). Is Rise of Iron cool enough to justify taking it back or should I just skip Rise of Iron and wait for the inevitable Destiny 2 PC release?

If you liked TTK I'd give it a shot - new content seems similar so far

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Mazerunner posted:

It's locked until friday

So anyone got any ideas for vendor weapons? NM hand cannon looks good, so does crucible.

Some of the scouts and I think one of the pulse rifles, DO shotgun... one or two of the rocket launchers looked alright. Anything else?

First thing I bought was the crucible vendor sniper, it's good.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

8th-snype posted:

First thing I bought was the crucible vendor sniper, it's good.

Oh yeah that looks solid.

I'm not so sure about this orange and blue colour scheme though.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Last mission was Really Good

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Also I don't know why they call it the last mission, just like TTK it opens up a bunch of new quests.

I don't understand the framing. Bad optics for a lot of hardcore folks. My theory: Is there a bonus milestone in their partner agreement for a certain ℅ of players finishing the main quest?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
New strike boss is fun

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also I don't know why they call it the last mission

i think it is in reference to the dead iron lords

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Out of curiosity since I'm at work, does anyone know how to start the Gjallarhorn quest yet?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

Out of curiosity since I'm at work, does anyone know how to start the Gjallarhorn quest yet?

Xur will occasionally sell the Gjallarhorn bounty for 500 strange coins. Rumors are the only time he'll offer it is this weekend.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

xzzy posted:

Xur will occasionally sell the Gjallarhorn bounty for 500 strange coins. Rumors are the only time he'll offer it is this weekend.

Oh man, I only need to make 478 Strange Coins by the weekend!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It seems like any heavies I pick up are only a point or two higher than my hand cannons or fusion rifles, is their damage on a separate scale?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
Yeah the final mission got me pumped up for the raid. Definitely better than the loving TTK final mission, always skipped that poo poo when it was the daily.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

It seems like any heavies I pick up are only a point or two higher than my hand cannons or fusion rifles, is their damage on a separate scale?

Completely, damage is heavy > special > primary.

The 'damage' stat is just a rough indicator of that weapons power level on the light scale, not relative to other weapons.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

texaholic posted:

Yeah the final mission got me pumped up for the raid. Definitely better than the loving TTK final mission, always skipped that poo poo when it was the daily.

What was the final mission? Killing dad?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Mazerunner posted:

Oh yeah that looks solid.

I'm not so sure about this orange and blue colour scheme though.

Dude it's gulf oil livery.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
quick trip report: archon's forge is fun as poo poo, and then your ghost also says "they are dead. you are not" and it's the best

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Expansion is pretty ok so far, you can tell that it was an "oh gently caress we need filler" rush job which is a shame, because the story beats are more interesting than TTK and the mythic Skyrim style fantasy stuff crossed with SIVA's Andromeda Strain by way of Dead Space is pretty nifty. This probably deserved the effort and work that went into TTK, tbh.

Gjallasword is pretty baller but requiring ten ammo for the slam move is super lame.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ElNarez posted:

quick trip report: archon's forge is fun as poo poo, and then your ghost also says "they are dead. you are not" and it's the best

where do you get the fused or higher offerings?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
What guns are good????

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

poor life choice posted:

What guns are good????

Most of the vendor guns are surprisingly good.

FWC has a Grasp style pulse with a decent roll. Crucible has a Spindle style sniper with an also decent roll. Most of the guns have pretty acceptable rolls though.

Dunno about anything that drops yet. Matador apparently is back, if you were like me and didn't get the bullshit PC+1 everybody loving else seems to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I just picked up a fragment on top of Felwinters Peak

• Locked thread