Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Somefool posted:

If you mean the gimmicks, I can tell you right now that most patterns are the same. The biggest problem is if you can burst things down when they have 4-5x their normal HP and when you can't, can you handle their gimmicks?

The biggest pattern change is Nerbe spawning 8 orbs total and the zombie room in Leg having 4 circles instead of 2. After that, you need to remember that Atol forces players 2-4 into a crystal prison leaving player 1 to either solo him or rescue the others.

Rest is all the same. If you can handle the gimmicks in normal, you should be fine in raid.

I meant more like a summary of the raid specific mechanics.

Also, I guess I should figure out what the gently caress's Kres' gimmick is. I have literally never seen it in action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

I meant more like a summary of the raid specific mechanics.

Also, I guess I should figure out what the gently caress's Kres' gimmick is. I have literally never seen it in action.

I think these guides are pretty clear about the raid mechanics. You're giving a set number of dungeons each phase and in order to clear the phase, you must clear the required dungeon(s).

Phase 1 is composed of Smoke, Battlefield, Naval and Leg. It's impossible to practice for Naval because it only appears in Scenario Anton, so nothing you can really do about that. :shrug: The important part you should focus on is the time limit on the dungeons and the consequences that will occur if they aren't cleared. The 2nd guide posted has accurate timers for phase 1.

Phase 2 will be confusing no matter how hard I try to explain it because the map layout is completely different from the normal Energy map. It's one of those you have to experience it yourself thing. Phase 2 is less punishing than phase 1 because it won't do something silly as resetting everything. The general gimmick is keeping the barrier down otherwise you can't harm things in Black Volcano.

The one thing I absolutely cannot tell you is where to send people. That's the raid leader's job and it up to the leader to judge how strong each team is and where to send people. Phase 1 is probably the most difficult for the leader because there are so many dungeons to deal with that have timers attached to it. At the same time you can do some silly things in phase 1.

This was a raid I was in where we stormed through phase 1. The call was 4 strong teams rush through the 1st 4 smokes then each team rush Leg once. The odd team out had to rush both Battlefields quickly. All 5 teams got the 2 run requirement and Naval was completely ignored.

Even though the clear time is 1m 49s, it's really 6m 49s because of the timer buff being used.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

How exactly does the hatchery stuff in phase 2 work? Just reading about it gives me mixed ideas of how it functions, so correct explanation would be nice.
It kind of sounds like you enter a hatchery from the cutting off the energy map?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Einwand posted:

How exactly does the hatchery stuff in phase 2 work? Just reading about it gives me mixed ideas of how it functions, so correct explanation would be nice.
It kind of sounds like you enter a hatchery from the cutting off the energy map?

Yes, phase 2 only have 2 maps you can enter from the boat: Energy and Black Volcano.

Energy's map is a giant square compared to the long map in normal. Every room is connected to each other, so you have a lot of freedom in which path you want to take. The boss icon on the map is Egene's room.

The mini-map is the most important part here. There are 2 new icons on this map: a crystal and a monster head. Both icons are randomly placed each time you enter the map. If you don't like the placement, exit and re-enter the map.

If your goal is to kill Egene, you form a path to 3 rooms with the crystal icon and then towards the boss icon. The boss room is blocked by a giant crystal until 3 crystals are broken. Breaking more than 3 will drop Egene's HP before entering his room but it's not worth breaking more than 3 unless you're super super weak.

The hatcheries do not open until 3 minutes pass from when phase 2 starts. This is usually at the 37:00 mark on the timer.

The order to enter a hatchery: Cutting Off the Energy -> Kill named enemy -> Pick a corner to enter

The named monster is always located in the room with the monster head icon on the mini-map. If you don't kill it, the rooms located at all 4 corners are blocked by boulders. Each corner represents a different hatchery. The hatchery locations will always be the same.

4 1
3 2

Of the 4 hatcheries, only 3 will actually open. Once 3 are chosen, the 4th one will never open up. This is the RNG part of phase 2 so each raid won't always have the same hatcheries open.

If you're assigned to a hatchery, you enter and exit the Energy map until the monster icon spawns in a place where you can run a straight line towards the corner you're supposed to go to while encountering the named enemy.

edit: Just to clear one more thing up, going into a hatchery is a map to map transition. You more or less leave the Energy map and enter the hatchery map. Think of it like Slote where you transition to a new map.

This also means if you gently caress up on the hatchery map, in order to re-enter, you need to go through the Energy map again.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 16, 2016

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I hadn't done OV2 in a long time (or been playing the game seriously at all the last few months for that matter), but I felt like going through it on an alt for one of the 3-piece sets and I guess they changed some things in one of these patches. Namely, the G-Detector phase of Rangelus seems to be broken now. He starts it up, I stopped moving entirely, and then I got shot to death anyway, and it continued firing bullets over my corpse during the timer countdown screen. How long has this been going on?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Shock Trooper posted:

I hadn't done OV2 in a long time (or been playing the game seriously at all the last few months for that matter), but I felt like going through it on an alt for one of the 3-piece sets and I guess they changed some things in one of these patches. Namely, the G-Detector phase of Rangelus seems to be broken now. He starts it up, I stopped moving entirely, and then I got shot to death anyway, and it continued firing bullets over my corpse during the timer countdown screen. How long has this been going on?

Did you have a passive damage or aura effect up? They trigger the G-detector, and can also pop the nen guards during the land runner phase.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The solution to this situation is to destroy the detectors.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

fool_of_sound posted:

Did you have a passive damage or aura effect up? They trigger the G-detector, and can also pop the nen guards during the land runner phase.

welp I guess that would explain it then, I didn't know that was a thing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Ideally you catch him with a skill like magma/glacial wave sword, junk spin, or some other persisting hold/stun move so that when he leaves his excessive iframes he gets locked down and then you can murder the hell out of him without worrying about mechanics.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Lol, according to my tests swapping Silent Prayer for Strike and Wisdom Blessing is a ~1% improvement in my buffs at my current stat level. Guess what I'm only going to pretend I'm doing in Anton Raid?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

fool_of_sound posted:

Lol, according to my tests swapping Silent Prayer for Strike and Wisdom Blessing is a ~1% improvement in my buffs at my current stat level. Guess what I'm only going to pretend I'm doing in Anton Raid?

Well gently caress me then, gently caress doing OV on my Crusader, time to build up my Spirit.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Psh get on my level. People expect me to have Apoc swaps in raid which I don't even have. Everyone gets 9pc Vow buffs and that's it. :smug:

Good luck blaming the Sader in raid.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Somefool posted:

Psh get on my level. People expect me to have Apoc swaps in raid which I don't even have. Everyone gets 9pc Vow buffs and that's it. :smug:

Good luck blaming the Sader in raid.

Low-effort sadering owns because who's gonna blame the sader? He's only there to buff. If you're blaming the sader, maybe take a look at how well you're doing.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gologle posted:

Well gently caress me then, gently caress doing OV on my Crusader, time to build up my Spirit.

Nah, Vow of Silence still helps a lot, but 3pc swapping is for tryhards only. I can proudly say I have never tried hard in my life.

I have apoc swaps cause why not, but :shrug: if I remember to use them.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

You play Sader to get easy access for end game content without doing that much work. It's a money making character once you have the necessary gear to raid (9 vow + 2k+ stat). Unless you're doing sell runs, no point in trying hard on Sader.

The time it takes to shuffle gear around to min max stats would've been the same if you didn't swap and it took just a few seconds longer to kill something.

Also well geared Sader sucks rear end because it means everyone will beg you to run the harder content while low effort Sader gets to sick back and relax.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Gizel

Gizel please

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I am so sorry that thief is using the extra hideous rear end dynasty avatar set.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JenLKi9LPEM

Gizel!!

Lambo Trillrissian
May 18, 2007
big thanks to Neuts and whoever else was helping me muddle through the totally obtuse Ind Atk mechanics tonight.
This game really doesn't have good enough compiled accurate (english) resources about its in depth mechanics :(

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Yeah, but a number of us regulars know quite a bit about the mechanics, and we're happy to field specific questions.

Everyone interested in raiding, please send me your current stat spread (including caveats for town stats/dungeon stats, as well as any gear improvements you expect to make within the next week), either by messaging me here or on discord (or just post it here if you really want I guess). Until we see an announcement otherwise, I am going to assume raid days of Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday. So do me a favor and also include what times you are able to participate on those days. NOT just your preferred time. I know some of us on the higher-end of the gear spectrum have pretty tight schedules, and I'll try to be as flexible as possible with stuff, but we're gonna be a bit stretched because of time zones. To that end, we'll be crunching for every minute we can get to make sure no one has to leave mid-raid. Meaning don't be late or unprepared.

Eventually we'll get things settled into routine and runs will be faster, and things will ease up overall. But we'll need to kick this off with a bit of effort.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I am Rybonius, insane Crusader. Level 40 DI, 2450ish Vitality, 2900ish Spirit. I'm available Wednesday and Sunday evenings regularly, and Saturday afternoons.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Black Balloon posted:

Yeah, but a number of us regulars know quite a bit about the mechanics, and we're happy to field specific questions.

Everyone interested in raiding, please send me your current stat spread (including caveats for town stats/dungeon stats, as well as any gear improvements you expect to make within the next week), either by messaging me here or on discord (or just post it here if you really want I guess). Until we see an announcement otherwise, I am going to assume raid days of Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday. So do me a favor and also include what times you are able to participate on those days. NOT just your preferred time. I know some of us on the higher-end of the gear spectrum have pretty tight schedules, and I'll try to be as flexible as possible with stuff, but we're gonna be a bit stretched because of time zones. To that end, we'll be crunching for every minute we can get to make sure no one has to leave mid-raid. Meaning don't be late or unprepared.

Eventually we'll get things settled into routine and runs will be faster, and things will ease up overall. But we'll need to kick this off with a bit of effort.

How many people do you even need for a raid

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Up to 20 people can be involved. We don't NEED that many (nor will we likely get that many, at least not all from the guild).

Arto Gand
Apr 7, 2009
I am StArto, the other insane crusader.
lvl 40 DI, 2757 vit, 2383 spr.
Wednesdays I should be on after about 5:30 (est), Saturdays are the same, for now.
Sunday I should be able to be on whenever.
This is of course assuming I don't go out for dinner.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
20 people all at once in one dungeon?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

20 people all at once in one dungeon?

No, it works a bit differently. Five teams of four all running different dungeons accomplishing different objectives.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Debating on whether or not that I want to go Anton Raiding or not. Most likely not due to my connection almost not working with literally everyone in the guild and that my own schedule is severely limited.

Might end up dropping DFO so I have less things to do.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Nethertribes, local idiot zerk that hellground Ghost Train.
4446 Str in dungeon, 2031 in town (thanks Derange).
Pretty much free all 3 days unless something extremely important comes up (and even then I'll give a heads-up that I can't run).

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I appreciate the responses but what I'm really hoping to see is full screenshots of people's stat spreads and gear and poo poo, messaged directly to me. If you're feeling really frisky, nugol times would also be cool. This isn't to grade or judge anyone and determine eligibility, I just need to know what everyone has to work with so we can divide groups up effectively.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Finally got to experience being a raid seller. Did 2 sell runs with a 7 man party. You get money but holy gently caress the amount of work you have to do in these runs are too much for me. I ended up doing twice the number of dungeons you would normally do.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
RealImpact here. I'll try raid, here's my stuff:

4210 strength with full power fist swap. 191 light damage.

I can be on after 6 PM est or so on Wednesdays, the later the better. Weekend availability is kind of random.

Refused fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Sep 21, 2016

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
My stats:

I should be available whenever raids are cause it's not like I have much of a life.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

gently caress

WHY WON'T THIS THING DIE

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

InfinityComplex posted:

gently caress

WHY WON'T THIS THING DIE

can you kaleido that thing

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

yes

i did so after posting it

i left it at exceptional

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey, our guild chest is getting pretty full of pinks people have donated. While I'm thrilled people are being generous, I suggest everyone take a look at the chest and take anything they want for an alt, cause we're running out of space!

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

By the way somefool, is anton raid once a week on Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday of your choice or once per day on those days?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Einwand posted:

By the way somefool, is anton raid once a week on Wednesday, Saturday or Sunday of your choice or once per day on those days?

Once per day that it is opened per character. So 3 times per week.

Raid opens on reset and ends on the next day's reset.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

I guess maybe I should join up guild wise and ask some questions I have had since I am new. Well new in that I am half way between 85-86 on my first ever character and did a fair amount of googling and reading but there is a ton of outdated info or things that just don't have a good answer. Like getting an account vault because I can't seem to find current info on getting a Goblin Pin or whatever, and a bunch of other stuff. The UI isn't the most... intuitive.

But I have had a bunch of fun playing a Witch for the last month or so and flying around going "wooo wooo" and doing funny stuff. My build has worked fine and I haven't had much trouble but I have a feeling it could be refined a bit, especially if I am going to have to do something other then soloing. Speaking of which, how far can you get gear wise soloing? I feel like I am going to have to start following some of those posts about getting better stuff especially since I am close to 86 but I am intimidated about teaming up and being trash with shabby gear and a non optimal talent spec even though I have had no trouble tearing through things so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Twenty Four posted:

I guess maybe I should join up guild wise and ask some questions I have had since I am new. Well new in that I am half way between 85-86 on my first ever character and did a fair amount of googling and reading but there is a ton of outdated info or things that just don't have a good answer. Like getting an account vault because I can't seem to find current info on getting a Goblin Pin or whatever, and a bunch of other stuff. The UI isn't the most... intuitive.

But I have had a bunch of fun playing a Witch for the last month or so and flying around going "wooo wooo" and doing funny stuff. My build has worked fine and I haven't had much trouble but I have a feeling it could be refined a bit, especially if I am going to have to do something other then soloing. Speaking of which, how far can you get gear wise soloing? I feel like I am going to have to start following some of those posts about getting better stuff especially since I am close to 86 but I am intimidated about teaming up and being trash with shabby gear and a non optimal talent spec even though I have had no trouble tearing through things so far.

Well, witch was OV pieces, which means teaming up with someone. Fortunately, the OV dungeon are fairly easy, and Neople tends to give out a lot of free OV drops from events. If you've been collecting the Antonys from the event, you can get two free OV pieces from the event boxes by trading those in.