Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

kimcicle posted:

I set up a reservation online to upgrade my 6S (that was on the Apple Upgrade Program) to a 7. Came to the store, they confirmed my eligibility (via serial / IMEI), wiped my old device, had me sign a bunch of paperwork, and gave me my new phone.

How did you set up the reservation? Did you like go to this page? https://secure2.store.apple.com/shop/eligibility/checkUpgradeEligibility then it let you pick a phone? Did you do this at 2am?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Jose Valasquez posted:

I'm not a giant so no

Well that's why. There is no shortage at all on normal 7s.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Bum the Sad posted:

How did you set up the reservation? Did you like go to this page? https://secure2.store.apple.com/shop/eligibility/checkUpgradeEligibility then it let you pick a phone? Did you do this at 2am?

Yes, that page is where I went. After punching in all that info and confirmed I was eligible, it let me pick a carrier / phone / size / color for pickup.

I forgot about reserving at midnight so I did it the following morning and still got a release date pickup. It was a matte black 7 128gb. I tried to get my wife's desired combo (matte black 7+ 128gb) and that was a "lol you're waiting 2-3 weeks good luck."

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Only 3 weeks? I'm waiting 3 for a gray one.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Is there massive demand for the plus this round or did they underproduce the plus predicting less demand?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Yes to both. The Plus is usually less popular, but this year it's exceedingly more popular. That's why you'll have no problem buying a normal 7, but you'll have to have some luck finding a Plus.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yes to both. The Plus is usually less popular, but this year it's exceedingly more popular. That's why you'll have no problem buying a normal 7, but you'll have to have some luck finding a Plus.

Just came to say that I feel your struggle man. I ordered a jet black 7+ as soon as the website started responding on the 9th (got a date of 18th - 31st October). Ultimately cancelled it on the 13th because I didn't want a greasy cheeto dust covered, scratched up phone in favour of the matte black (shipping date 6th - 12th October), and it's been processing for a week now. It's not like I even need the phone, I just *want* it. I have lived with the regret of choosing the iPhone 6 (non plus) for two years

What a long two years it's been

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I'm hoping mine goes to PFS soon. People with my arrival window (Oct 4 - 10) had theirs moved up, so I must be in either the second half of that or whatever tail end comes after it.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm hoping this gets resolved next year, especially if the mythical "10 year anniversary super phone" rumors become true.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

kimcicle posted:

I set up a reservation online to upgrade my 6S (that was on the Apple Upgrade Program) to a 7. Came to the store, they confirmed my eligibility (via serial / IMEI), wiped my old device, had me sign a bunch of paperwork, and gave me my new phone.

You paid 12 months of payments, so ~$450, to use a phone for 6 months. Is that correct?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

flipoff posted:

I'm hoping this gets resolved next year, especially if the mythical "10 year anniversary super phone" rumors become true.

I hope that's the name they go with. I would buy a mythical 10 year anniversary super phone in matte black.

thebehaviorist
Jan 11, 2009

iRoNgHosT posted:

I ordered a 128gb 7 plus last Thursday and have an estimated ship date of 10/20 to 10/27... drat it...

Sorry :( I ordered the gold one so if you ordered one of the black ones maybe that's why.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Michael Scott posted:

You paid 12 months of payments, so ~$450, to use a phone for 6 months. Is that correct?

No, I paid ~500 (including upfront taxes) to use the 6S for a year. At the trade in, it shows that the remainder loan amount was paid off for the 6S loan and a new loan was started for the 7.

For my old 64gb 6S / new 128gb 7 the payment was identical.
$96.50 first payment (upfront taxes and first month loan payment).
$36.58 per month afterwards.

It also did a hard credit pull for the new loan. Doesn't bother me too much but I think that might be a deal breaker for some people.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
I've been obsessively :f5:ing the reservation site trying to get my hand on a 7+ in one of the 4 apple stores in Toronto. Finally found a neat Python script that just scrapes the site and tells me what's available in the stores I specify. That way I don't have to refresh it as obsessively or get disappointed when it's only the 7 in stock.

They really need to improve the site, though. I lost a reservation twice today because it kept logging me out and having me log back-in with 2FA. :argh:

I would order from my provider directly but me getting this phone is contingent on me flipping my 6+ ASAP to pay for a good chunk of it. I don't want to be waiting around 3 weeks with a huge hole in my bank account while TELUS waits to get stock.

milkaxor
Mar 5, 2003

I choose you!
Series 2 aluminum watch on the way. Jet black 7+ shipping in Nov. I canceled, went with silver, then canceled again, and went back to jet black. Need that sweet caseless finish.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Looks like AT&T shipped my 128 black 7+ today via FedEx next day air, so should be here tomorrow morning :hellyeah:

It was originally slated for between 23-30 so this is a pleasant surprise

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Wish me luck because I'll kill someone if my phone doesn't do something tomorrow morning.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

robodex posted:

I've been obsessively :f5:ing the reservation site trying to get my hand on a 7+ in one of the 4 apple stores in Toronto. Finally found a neat Python script that just scrapes the site and tells me what's available in the stores I specify. That way I don't have to refresh it as obsessively or get disappointed when it's only the 7 in stock.

They really need to improve the site, though. I lost a reservation twice today because it kept logging me out and having me log back-in with 2FA. :argh:

I'm running the same script to get my hands on a S2 aluminum watch with pearl nylon band. Either Toronto hasn't gotten new stock since launch, or they just go through it quicker than they can update the stock site. I'm massively frustrated.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Mine still with the same ship date :eng99:

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

UPS posted:

Louisville, KY, US
09/20/2016 7:30 A.M.
Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.

Not sure what to make of this. Status hasn't updated for over 12 hours now.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Uh, "Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

That's tomorrow? It'll be delivered tomorrow?

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe

LODGE NORTH posted:

Uh, "Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day."

That's tomorrow? It'll be delivered tomorrow?

I guess I should have specified that Kentucky is pretty much on the opposite side of the country from me, and there haven't been any updates about it moving since then. So, not optimistic about 'the next business day'.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Louisville is UPS' air hub so it's entirely possible that it'll get to your front door tomorrow.

Linx
Aug 14, 2008

Pork Pro
Just found out I could collect a 7+ matte black 128GB on friday from my carrier store. This is a fuckup on a massive scale, why even have a preorder page?

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Phone is on the vehicle for delivery today, luckily there's a ups store less than 5 minutes from me I can reroute it to so it's not sitting on my porch until I get home from work.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Logistics on shipping are incredible.

My watch was in South Korea yesterday, then Alaska, then left Alaska at 436pm. Got into Louisville at 430am this morning. Out for delivery in my area of PA at 739am.

Even with time zones helping, its crazy to think how good shipping has become overall.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Duckman2008 posted:

Logistics on shipping are incredible.

My watch was in South Korea yesterday, then Alaska, then left Alaska at 436pm. Got into Louisville at 430am this morning. Out for delivery in my area of PA at 739am.

Even with time zones helping, its crazy to think how good shipping has become overall.

Seriously, I saw my phone was in South Korea yesterday morning and thought there was no way it would get to me in Ohio by today, but it just got dropped off at the ups store for me to pick up about a half hour ago.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

ITT: Airplanes are cool, guys.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think I may cancel my jet black 7 and get a black 7+ and join the hugephone revolution. But I worry I may regret not having jet black.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Endless Mike posted:

I think I may cancel my jet black 7 and get a black 7+ and join the hugephone revolution. But I worry I may regret not having jet black.

Jet Black is bad.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I really wish they had made the rumored bluephone.

Maybe next year.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Martytoof posted:

I'm running the same script to get my hands on a S2 aluminum watch with pearl nylon band. Either Toronto hasn't gotten new stock since launch, or they just go through it quicker than they can update the stock site. I'm massively frustrated.

I managed to snag an appointment (and then another one earlier in the day) by going in at 8AM on the dot. Looks like they're getting stock slowly.

Not a black one, but I'm not picky about color.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

LmaoTheKid posted:

Jet Black is bad.

Please tag NSFW content.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I mean, obviously that pic is an extreme example but between the scratching and that, I don't see why anyone thinks Jet Black is a good idea.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

Personally I think Jet Black is kinda ugly and I'd rather Matte Black anyway :shrug:

Especially considering part of the problem I had with the 6 was it was too slippery, and the 7 is basically the same form factor. So either way you're putting it in a case. What does it matter if your phone is glossy?

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
I've been using my Jet Black 7 since launch day (without a case) and mine looks nothing like that one. No regrets (though maybe I should have gone for the plus....next time I guess).

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

LmaoTheKid posted:

Jet Black is bad.

TIL not to take your Jet Black iPhone to a Bukakke event.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

robodex posted:

Personally I think Jet Black is kinda ugly and I'd rather Matte Black anyway :shrug:

Especially considering part of the problem I had with the 6 was it was too slippery, and the 7 is basically the same form factor. So either way you're putting it in a case. What does it matter if your phone is glossy?
Well glossy is less slippery so you might not bother with a case if that was the issue before :shrug:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

LmaoTheKid posted:

I mean, obviously that pic is an extreme example but between the scratching and that, I don't see why anyone thinks Jet Black is a good idea.

Because most people put it in a case and you only see the color when you take it out of the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It looks like they're designed to do lines on.

• Locked thread