Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

Most of the vendor guns are surprisingly good.

FWC has a Grasp style pulse with a decent roll. Crucible has a Spindle style sniper with an also decent roll. Most of the guns have pretty acceptable rolls though.

Dunno about anything that drops yet. Matador apparently is back, if you were like me and didn't get the bullshit PC+1 everybody loving else seems to have.

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
there's loving wolf cries in the gjallar horn, if you're wondering if you should've preordered

it's loud, it's garish, and it's the best horn ever

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

ElNarez posted:

there's loving wolf cries in the gjallar horn, if you're wondering if you should've preordered

it's loud, it's garish, and it's the best horn ever

What did they do to it so that it's not an OP "must have this equipped for every fight in the game" exotic?

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
Can TTK weapons and armor be infused up to the new light max?

New Crucible HC looks like one of the better vendor rolls.

Blakkout fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 20, 2016

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

What did they do to it so that it's not an OP "must have this equipped for every fight in the game" exotic?

He's talking about the gjallar horn not the gjallerhorn man

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

He's talking about the gjallar horn not the gjallerhorn man

poo poo's confusing, there's too much gjallering in here.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
You need to but GjallerShip from the ship vendor. It looks like a giant wolf. Get all 5 and they combine into Ghallermech.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Theres a weapon that generate wolfpacks of wolfdrones on headshot, no?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ballerhorn got

:getin:

The last mission on the quest was tough but soloable.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Tei posted:

Theres a weapon that generate wolfpacks of wolfdrones on headshot, no?

on this subject: hey bungie where the gently caress is my "Too Sweet" emote?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I'm still waiting for Bungie to sell the 3 gjallerhorns howling at the Traveler shirt.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I have been having fun with this cool expansion. Got a sweet pulse from FWC

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

ElNarez posted:

on this subject: hey bungie where the gently caress is my "Too Sweet" emote?

2 sweet me brother.

Last_Taste
Feb 13, 2012

Isn't that crucible Chaotic Neutral similar to a BTRD? High stability high impact heavy with range finder? I think that will me my second purchase.

Edit - Oh, low mag size. Still, not bad.

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

kill brood mothers to drop splicer keys on patrol

splicer keys open locked areas w/ axes & siva shards

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Kumo posted:

kill brood mothers to drop splicer keys on patrol

splicer keys open locked areas w/ axes & siva shards

Wait for your bros because you lose them if you die

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
Khvostov exotic is cool

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

have there been any "new" exotics found? or just the datamined stuff? help me I'm in meetings.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Seems fun so far but It's kind annoying getting booted any time you try to get into a social space

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So the preorder bonus was a Gjallerhorn. I just got it but it requires a year 3 Gjallerhorn. I never got one, and stopped playing a long time ago. Is there an easy enough means of getting it?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Feenix posted:

So the preorder bonus was a Gjallerhorn. I just got it but it requires a year 3 Gjallerhorn. I never got one, and stopped playing a long time ago. Is there an easy enough means of getting it?

Year 3 is this year, i.e. you need to unlcok the one from Rise of iron

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

1. 2 dormant siva clusters found on patrol - one in the ship past a splicer locked door

2. one in the tower at triglav's bunker

3. dormant siva cluster behind one of the tendril-columns at the very bottom of the siva complex.

edit: dead ghost in hangar in triglav's bunker on pipe above catwalk

Kumo fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 20, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Stormgale posted:

Year 3 is this year, i.e. you need to unlcok the one from Rise of iron

Can you spoil how? Is it just the reward for beating the story stuff?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

hey mr spindle... how's algebra class??

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Obsurveyor posted:

Can you spoil how? Is it just the reward for beating the story stuff?

Reddit says the quest unlocks after story. There's some additional quests involving finding medallions in patrol and then some tougher extra missions on PVP maps (like the subclass quests were).

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Emron posted:

Reddit says the quest unlocks after story. There's some additional quests involving finding medallions in patrol and then some tougher extra missions on PVP maps (like the subclass quests were).

Cool thanks!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Have we actually 100% serious no troll confirmed you can skip to the Khovostov (spelling?) quest by dismantling the OG one? I only have one so I want to make sure.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah that works

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Lightning Knight posted:

Have we actually 100% serious no troll confirmed you can skip to the Khovostov (spelling?) quest by dismantling the OG one? I only have one so I want to make sure.

Yeah I did it. Kind of wish I hadn't dismantled my og white because I got the 'actual' quest right after.

But actually getting it seems pretty easy. You get one of the splice intel keys from killing brood mothers and it'll mention hive lessers. Go back to the very start of the game, the tutorial place with all the cars off the divide, and there's a fallen ketch there. The exotic schematic is in a chest there

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

While it works you need to finish the story to get into the patrol anyways. Infos: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53n6aa/spoilers_exotic_khvostov_quest/

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Is there an end game zone like TTK had? The giant ship full of secrets was probably my favorite part of the DLC.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
wait I'm new. should i not be using motes of light to give my equipment XP? oops

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Use them to level up your guns but don't count on them for leveling up your gear. Quests and bounties are for that since guantlets take like 70 motes while a heavy weapon will take like 7

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

moist turtleneck posted:

Use them to level up your guns but don't count on them for leveling up your gear. Quests and bounties are for that since guantlets take like 70 motes while a heavy weapon will take like 7

To add to this, the reason is opportunity cost. It's not that you can't get tons of motes, it's that the ones you use for XP you can't use to level factions and get those sick nasty packages.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Will decoding exotic engrams that dropped in TTK decode to RoI exotics?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh ok cool, so it's fine to burn through them while I'm leveling? I'm like brand new I'm level 17 or something, just wasn't sure whether I should be saving them for when I'm higher level and not swapping out equipment all the time

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh don't waste them at 17, all of that poo poo will be thrown away by the next quest

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

goferchan posted:

Oh ok cool, so it's fine to burn through them while I'm leveling? I'm like brand new I'm level 17 or something, just wasn't sure whether I should be saving them for when I'm higher level and not swapping out equipment all the time

Don't use them when you're leveling. Wait until you hit 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ok good to know! Yeah that's what I was wondering, if they'd be useful throughout the game or if they were just some low-level thing that's only relevant right now

• Locked thread