Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Beet Wagon posted:

Every time I think I understand people, somebody else I know asks if I've heard about Star Citizen.

Like, I totally get it - four years ago. But how can people still be excited about this garbo?

There's a lot about star citizen that I don't understand. It's gotta be the most baffling video games ever made. I used to look at that train simulator with the thousands of dollars of DLC and be like "who would buy that poo poo?" Now it seems normal or even reasonable.

I don't know how they aren't into total write-off mode. How can you keep your hopes up for so long with such little payoff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Bonus ~dreams~

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Trillhouse posted:

I don't know how they aren't into total write-off mode. How can you keep your hopes up for so long with such little payoff?

Mental illness

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Beet I hope you got some dogs ready for page 5600

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

You just don't understand racism development.

It's not racist to hate abbos.

That was satire.

Just in case.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Maw posted:

Bonus ~dreams~

If my dreams were that boring I'd get a refund

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maw posted:

Beet I hope you got some dogs ready for page 5600

Oh poo poo I gotta drive up to class in like 20 minutes. I bet I'll be on the road for it.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Maw posted:

Bonus ~dreams~

The Emotes make you invincible so this guy would be fine. Why would the friendlies be firing on a disabled ship? Why would enemies just hang out in the disabled hull cracked ship? None of this makes any sense. These people have broken brains.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Like that dude wrote it as if it were some breathtaking action scene

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Head Bob is now Sandi got to where she is in life

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Best thing is I bet CoD will have moments like that, and although sure they'll be scripted, they'll be fun and immersive and entertaining and everything SC won't ever be

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

I take that back SC has provided me months of entertainment

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maw posted:

Bonus ~dreams~

Uh... try that in Star Citizen and get back to me.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Maw posted:

Bonus ~dreams~

dreeemz

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Maw posted:

Bonus ~dreams~

You could cover 30 metres in the time it takes for that salute emote to play.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maw posted:

Bonus ~dreams~

It was a dark and stormy night...

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You could cover 30 metres in the time it takes for that salute emote to play.

Yeah but then you might survive to play more Star Citizen so it's not worth it

Jinkeez
Dec 31, 2008

Beet Wagon posted:

Uh... try that in Star Citizen and get back to me.

The dying to friendly fire part probably works.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Pure lunacy.

I'm sure 10ftc will ground these wild ideas into reality.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maw posted:

Yeah but then you might survive to play more Star Citizen so it's not worth it

Corren_64 posted:

That's what you get for having even a fraction of your guys taking Derek seriously.

Corren_64 posted:

That's what you get for having even a fraction of your guys taking Derek seriously.

Corren_64 posted:

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

We've been had chaps :(

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Maw posted:

We've been had chaps :(

Oh what fools you guys have been! And also me, but mostly you guys.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

I'm really just posting so I can get onto a milestone page

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Also free Tophat

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

teh_Broseph posted:

In today's edition of Meanwhile In Elite, fk ur thumbs (stolen goon valor):

Ben was pissed when he learned it was a tourist BEACON.

Not bacon.

You know, because he's nigh unto a stellar body himself.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jinkeez posted:

The dying to friendly fire part probably works.

Also glitching through the "crack in the hull"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Maw posted:

This thread's hitting milestones so fast they're more like gravel.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I looked at that video, isn't Port Olisar a non shoot area?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Lladre posted:

I looked at that video, isn't Port Olisar a non shoot area?

The amount of time spent looking at the floor was disturbing.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Maw posted:

Best thing is I bet CoD will have moments like that, and although sure they'll be scripted, they'll be fun and immersive and entertaining and everything SC won't ever be

things that CoD will also be that SC will not

1) a game

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Coolguye posted:

things that CoD will also be that SC will not

1) a game

2) released

3) consistently above 15fps

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Maw posted:

It's over-rated.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Ungh so close

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Australians are just so casually racist all the time. They don't even notice.

Pilz
Jul 25, 2016
Grimey Drawer
God loving drat these morons like christ almighty they're being scammed to poo poo and they're loving over everyone else in the process:

1. The whole thing collapsing fucks over kickstarter/crowdfunding, even though kickstarters could easily get their money back at this point and crowdfunding in general can't really be blamed for the people who exploit it
2. Their creepy cult is making people who dissent miserable and reinforcing harmful patterns of behavior among its members
3. The entire industry is no doubt watching this and drooling at the realization of how many loving rubes there are, and how much they can actually get away with while staying 'legit'.
4. Meanwhile, 120 million dollars has been siphoned out of projects that might actually get finished, or will never get made without the money that is currently being continually dumped into the shitter.
5. This was honestly probably the space sim nerd's best chance at getting the game they wanted. E:D is a lake a mile wide and a foot deep, NMS was a meh exploration/crafting/survival game thing, EVE is, well, EVE, Space Engineers is difficult to run and has nothing to do with the things you build, KSP is neat but it's a very focused game and not the wide-spanning universe that the Star Citizen backers clearly craved, House of the Dying Sun is apparently amazing but is focused on smaller ships, PULSAR is in development, that other space ship bridge sim is meant only for LAN games. The new CoD looks nice but I don't really expect it to be more than another CoD with some railshooter segments and creative movement options in 3d environments. Dreadnought is awesome, but it's just a 5v5 arena shooter using capital ships. Dual Universe? I haven't looked into it, but does anyone think they can actually meet their goals or are they just trying to grab some of that sweet, sweet, desperate space nerd dolla? I haven't really looked into LoD so I'm not sure what it does, but I get the feeling it isn't trying to do the same thing at all.

Pilz fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 20, 2016

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Hmm this meat looks off, and it smells off, and I watched a guy eat it and throw up, but I'm going to take a bite anyway and see

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
5600 is a milestone now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
I mean, I'll keep posting because I want to get a cattesnype, but we hit hundred page milestones constantly

• Locked thread