Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
What's the rec'd way of spending the exotic engrams and faction packages I saved up? Blast through them right away like Christmas or work through the story for awhile first? They're burning a hole in my vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Anybody else 350 yet? :chord:

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ephori posted:

What's the rec'd way of spending the exotic engrams and faction packages I saved up? Blast through them right away like Christmas or work through the story for awhile first? They're burning a hole in my vault.

Usually wait until you've done the missions and bumped up your LL a bit.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

ephori posted:

I'd think it'd make sense to do the story first because the drops you get in it will start you at a higher base LL

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Dude on my friend's list is 348, looks like he hasn't found an upgraded ghost yet.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Reddit is saying it seems rare to have engrams decrypt over 350 right now. If so then...I guess that's one way to gate the raid a bit?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'm glad the fallen have finally become the phazon space pirates I always knew they could be :allears:

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Is expansion hot garbage yet or do people like it?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Emron posted:

Reddit is saying it seems rare to have engrams decrypt over 350 right now. If so then...I guess that's one way to gate the raid a bit?

Wouldn't be unheard of, Bungie enjoys gating the first round of top level gear behind the raid.

But it could also just be RNG and people are complaining about bad rolls, creating more chatter about it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I haven't seen any blues go past 340. Purples and exotics seem to just fine.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

karn1635 posted:

Is expansion hot garbage yet or do people like it?

It's TTK 2: the TTKening. It's more of the same, so if you just wanted more Destiny and the same basic format but with red reskinned enemies instead of grey starry reskinned enemies, this is loving Christmas. If you wanted some meaningful change or deeper narrative, longer campaigns, etc., maybe consider waiting for Destiny 2 if you're burnt out.

Edit: note, I actually so far am pretty ok with this. I was hoping for more, but I didn't expect it to shake the earth so it's not super disappointing. I worry it can't carry a whole year but it's too soon for that kind of poo poo.

Here's hoping new raid is cool.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
So there's no reason to pick any of the available artifacts other than Jolders, right?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Danger posted:

So there's no reason to pick any of the available artifacts other than Jolders, right?

I picked the punch stuff one!!! Wild card bitches!!!

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

It's TTK 2: the TTKening. It's more of the same, so if you just wanted more Destiny and the same basic format but with red reskinned enemies instead of grey starry reskinned enemies, this is loving Christmas. If you wanted some meaningful change or deeper narrative, longer campaigns, etc., maybe consider waiting for Destiny 2 if you're burnt out.

Edit: note, I actually so far am pretty ok with this. I was hoping for more, but I didn't expect it to shake the earth so it's not super disappointing. I worry it can't carry a whole year but it's too soon for that kind of poo poo.

Here's hoping new raid is cool.

Gonna cancel my preorder and get my money back then. Not interested, will wait for Destiny 2. Too much good poo poo coming out to waste my time here unfortunately.

Thanks for the input.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

FishBulb posted:

:respek: I see you

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Why do people think this expansion is supposed to carry a whole year? Seems pretty unlikely to me. They haven't announced anything else yet except SRL sometime later but if they don't put out some kinda thing around Aprilish I'd be shocked.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

FishBulb posted:

Why do people think this expansion is supposed to carry a whole year? Seems pretty unlikely to me. They haven't announced anything else yet except SRL sometime later but if they don't put out some kinda thing around Aprilish I'd be shocked.

You mean like all that content that flowed like water after TTK?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Saladin's Pal-adins.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
after such a long wait they ruined astrocyte verse right before they released the loving thing. they are determined to make exotics as boring as loving possible.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

FishBulb posted:

They've talked up a 'Winter Update' of which SRL is just a part of.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

FishBulb posted:

People are assuming Destiny 2 hits next September, which hasn't been confirmed at all. It all hinges on what their timeline for that game is.

If it's a spring release, RoI is probably sufficient. We'll get SRL and some goofy poo poo around the holidays and there will probably be a trickle of new exotics for people to lust after. Then it's back to god roll farming.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FishBulb posted:

Destiny doesn't really have a good track record on sufficient amounts of content? I find it easier to manage my expectations if I assume they're going to fail to meet goals and keep people happy because hoping they'll prove everybody wrong and knock it the gently caress out of the park seems like a recipe for disappointment to me. :shrug:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm just figuring we're gunna get another underwhelming April update or something is all.

Maybe with a retooled Vault of a Glass?!?!

Let me have my dreams

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh, right. When they get desperate for some holdover content they'll spew out an upscaled VoG and CE "due to popular demand."

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

xzzy posted:

Oh, right. When they get desperate for some holdover content they'll spew out an upscaled VoG and CE "due to popular demand."

Revamped old raids! Now VOG only drops Imago Loop, and Crota only drops Grasp, each with totally RNG rolls! :downs:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Is supremacy any fun? I won't get home to play till later :saddowns:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
1 year for re-purposed cosmodrome maps and assets, 1 new social space, kill confirmed and making another "lmao flood" villain.

HOW DOES BUNGLE DO IT???

I guess I can't be to hard on them, most of the team is probably working on Destiny 2 and they pushed out this out with a skeleton crew most likely.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

I just picked up a fragment on top of Felwinters Peak

One here, at the very tip of the ship

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Alteisen posted:

1 year for re-purposed cosmodrome maps and assets, 1 new social space, kill confirmed and making another "lmao flood" villain.

HOW DOES BUNGLE DO IT???

I guess I can't be to hard on them, most of the team is probably working on Destiny 2 and they pushed out this out with a skeleton crew most likely.

You didn't buy enough copies to fund it

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

:siren: Apparently ALL Legendary and Exotic engrams are decrypting to 350/351 light while at 350 light, so uh... save your purple/gold engrams until they fix this poo poo and/or confirm its hilariously intentional

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Alteisen posted:

HOW DOES BUNGLE DO IT???

I fear for your work and social life, with all that work of leveling two ROI characters and maintaining two TTK characters. Stay safe, goon friend. :ohdear:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Alteisen posted:

HOW DOES BUNGLE DO IT???

Sorry you're a bozo that quadruples down on decisions, like being a bitch.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Those year 3 MoT armour rewards look phenomenal.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

victrix posted:

:siren: Apparently ALL Legendary and Exotic engrams are decrypting to 350/351 light while at 350 light, so uh... save your purple/gold engrams until they fix this poo poo and/or confirm its hilariously intentional

According to the patch notes, once you hit 350 light, new items dropping have about a 50% chance to be higher light. That sounds high but I could see it taking a long time to get past that hump.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

The Meat Dimension posted:

You have a choice between chroma gear and the y2 legendary set.

I think.

Never paid close attention to their faction armor but that's the jist I got

Can someone confirm that the chroma option gives you faction chroma armor and not some stupid bullshit?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

According to the patch notes, once you hit 350 light, new items dropping have about a 50% chance to be higher light. That sounds high but I could see it taking a long time to get past that hump.

I know, but it's apparently locked at an incredibly low increment, if any, see here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/53olgw/legendarys_engrams_seem_to_be_bugged_atm_at_ll/

'higher light' could mean '1 point higher', which would be incredibly Bungie, but that seems too punitive even for their hateful investment team

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The drop off at 350 is severe. Gonna run strikes and poo poo with my 350 zhalo and see what happens

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

poor life choice posted:

What guns are good????

Lightning Knight posted:

Most of the vendor guns are surprisingly good.

FWC has a Grasp style pulse with a decent roll. Crucible has a Spindle style sniper with an also decent roll. Most of the guns have pretty acceptable rolls though.

Dunno about anything that drops yet. Matador apparently is back, if you were like me and didn't get the bullshit PC+1 everybody loving else seems to have.

Okay, same-ish question: are FWC/DO/NM featuring any must-have weapon archetypes? I have a few Grasps that I'm pretty happy with and could just buy that vendor sniper.

My thirst for playing space barbie knows no bounds so I'll be tempted to just try to get more NM spektar gear for a pretty princess NBP titan outfit, but the potential for some godly weapon roll coming from faction rank-ups might sway me to abandon New Monarchy on my titan.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Ugh do I have to do the story 3 times to unlock the dumb peak on all my characters? Brutal. Assy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I don't THINK this needs being said, but just in case.... I know we have some new players and people coming back from a long absence...

BUY A NEW GHOST! Crucible vendor sells 350 ghosts for 75 marks. I'm assuming Vanguard vendor sells them for 75 as well, but I didn't actually look. Factions sell them for 100 marks.

Super easy, affordable, and a no brainer purchase for boosting light level and switching between characters.

• Locked thread