Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

American streaky bacon is really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Dugong posted:

I'm British! I've actually had it before when I visited America but I didn't know what I was eating.

how many times have you been to the tower of london

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Never because it's really expensive!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dugong posted:

yes

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

how many times have you been to the alamo

0.5?

I went past it but not in.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

How many times has ur face been against my rear end

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Dugong posted:

Yeah well we have roundabouts rather than your stop signs so who wins now?!

there's a neighborhood in my city that has roundabouts and they're not great because people inevitably have to take a minute to figure them out.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
How many times have you been to the cliff palace at mesa verde

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Allen Wren posted:

there's a neighborhood in my city that has roundabouts and they're not great because people inevitably have to take a minute to figure them out.

It's fine no one indicates here either

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dugong posted:

actually we are starting to get a lot more roundabouts

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dugong posted:

Still us, because roundabouts more like roundabullshit.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
we have roundabouts and i like them. my parents hate them because they are old and refuse to adapt to change

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dugong posted:

Streaky bacon is perfectly acceptable if treated correctly.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

My dad is in surgery right now getting a pacemaker put in, he should be out within the hour. It's been such a busy busy week.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm going to change industries again and become a civil engineer just to put a stop to roundabouts and thwart you all.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
what is the difference between bacon and streaky bacon

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

My dad is in surgery right now getting a pacemaker put in, he should be out within the hour. It's been such a busy busy week.

idk how risky that is so hope it all goes well

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Kumbamontu posted:

what is the difference between bacon and streaky bacon

What other countries refer to as bacon is actually a meatier back bacon and american bacon is the fattier part closer to the belly

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
oh so streaky bacon is just their word for american bacon

i freakin love bacon i just had a bunch this morning

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

dongsbot 9000 posted:

how many times have you been to niagara falls

dongsbot 9000 posted:

how many times have you been to the alamo

dongsbot 9000 posted:

how many times have you been to craigdorroch

dongsbot 9000 posted:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Kashuno posted:

idk how risky that is so hope it all goes well

It shouldn't be risky at all, my dad just has a lovely heart and no surgery is good surgery.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 28, 2020

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

iunno where youre from WAIT upstate NY ??

how many times have you been to the finger lakes

0, i'm from southern california originally

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Roundabouts are good, also.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

my city has many roundabouts but also many 5-way intersections so it's a net neutral.

I know I toot this horn a lot but it always surprises me how ingrained it is in our culture to eat meat at every meal. I remember reading about a "Meatless Monday" trend where people eat no meat on Mondays and it blew my mind how that could possibly be a thing.

I dunno.

Yeah for a lot of people the idea of a meal without meat is some incomplete meal

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

It shouldn't be risky at all, my dad just has a lovely heart and no surgery is good surgery.

good luck to you and yours, buddy

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

BottleKnight posted:

My grandma's getting two valves replaced in her heart tomorrow; hope everyone is safe and does well in their surgery. I'll have my fingers crossed for your pops

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

CapitalistPig posted:

What other countries refer to as bacon is actually a meatier back bacon and american bacon is the fattier part closer to the belly

Pig is a bacon expert... Smh

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

EccoRaven posted:

my city has many roundabouts but also many 5-way intersections so it's a net neutral.

I know I toot this horn a lot but it always surprises me how ingrained it is in our culture to eat meat at every meal. I remember reading about a "Meatless Monday" trend where people eat no meat on Mondays and it blew my mind how that could possibly be a thing.

I dunno.

We had meatless Mondays in uni halls which is fine in concept but all the dishes sucked. Made me feel for the vegetarians.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

I eat meat for most every meal. Meat is delicious, and eating meat is necessary to lead a full, happy life.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Hi thread! Long time no see. Here is an infodump for you all.

My old personal server blew up three weeks ago and I just now got things working again (migrated to cloud services). This allowed me to think about doing some stuff that I couldn't do with my old server as effectively. Example: I will be handling the hosting for votefinder by the end of this week, as soon as the domain transfer finishes up (words can't express how helpful soru and MMM were in getting this done). If you notice any problems with it, you can PM me directly. I'm going to try and keep an eye out and transfer the live database from the old server as soon as the transfer finishes so that nobody has to re-enter games or anything, but there might be some time when new games aren't showing up while that file copy is happening. I'll be initially working on adding some of the community requested features from some months ago (Password resets are first on the list, then hopefully HTTPS shortly after that; please leave comments on anything else that you have questions or concerns about there. I'd like to get to everything as long as they're generally community-approved/opt-in only features, but we'll see how things go). I am also writing some guides on the wiki since I think this stuff should probably be documented somewhere; they're on my user page while they're being drafted. (I do not know the answers to all of the verification questions on the wiki. Please don't ever implement an attempt-based lockout :))

I also have the Votefinder repository that's linked to the new live site available on Github; if anyone knows Python, feel free to chip in via pull requests as I am a tinkerer and not an expert.

Hope you are all doing well. I'm hoping to come back and play again soon.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
you are cool and good, leatherman.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Kashuno posted:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Anyone want to take me to see the Blair witch

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also two things:

THANK YOU to MMM for all you've done for votefinder thus far. I still want to help pay you back for hosting costs that you shouldered the last couple of years.

Flying Leatherman, you should set up a Patreon or some other way that the community can support your work on votefinder. I know I'd gladly kick in some dollars - it's the least I can do given how useful votefinder is.

Also nobody added this as a feature in the spreadsheet (and it's locked right now for new stuff) but at some point you should see if you can fix how sorting works on the completed games list. It's pretty borked, and I have no clue what logic it's actually using when you try to sort by one of the columns.

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

PBS Newshour posted:

Anyone want to take me to see the Blair witch

Yeah I'll take ya, just hope on a train to NC

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I'm too scared to see it on my own

MG3
Mar 29, 2016